Sign in to follow this  
Wyndolm

[Under Investigation] Harmony Animal Spawns Bugged

i really HOPE that coming update is fixing it, nothing to hunt or fight or tame, its making me loose the interrest in Wurm Online, which is sad for i love this game, but no animals mean a boring stagnated gameplay, no reason to make weapons or armor at this point

• Like 3

Not only does the latest "fix" appear not to be working, but for the first time after a server restart in recent weeks, we didn't see an increase in creature count after the restart like we have been. Seems like things have been made worse not better.

Might have to set a GM to running around manually spawning creatures the way it's going. Either that or start to get ready for refund requests on deeds and premium purchases as we are pretty much wasting our time on this server in it's  current state. No wonder Cadence numbers continue to increase while Harmony falls, and with each person that moves over, more money has to be invested to re-deed there. This is not only unfair, it's unethical.

We are getting gimped on spawn, tutorial directs all new players away from Harmony (though I guess that's unsurprising in it's current state, and not in reference to there being no room to deed) so there is no market for goods to new players either.

This server is your second largest PvE customer base, and it's being treated like it is irrelevant. The issue here is critical to play and in my opinion should have priority over almost anything else you are doing. It was your largest customer base, but you seem to be doing (or failing to do) everything in your power to destroy that.

Edited by Delone
  • Like 1

I agree fully. The latest "fix" on Friday 24th of October didn't work. Like after other server restarts we got like 1K more animals but then no more. The only difference was that this time not aggro animals spawned but non-aggro animals. Also the animals still spawn only in certain small areas (as in a couple squares on map) but not reasonable distributed over the map. The aggro animal number went down from 45xx to currently 4360 and will certainly continue to fall.

Is it really so hard to fix this bug? It's now over 3 weeks that a major game feature is totally defunct.

It does seem that the attempted fix does not work. The fact this is happening to ONLY harmony is a big concern of ours as it's the exact same code as other servers, so we're working through it all to identify (it's also difficult to reproduce when it's only happening to one server. 

I've added the bug number to the thread as well and will update it when information becomes available! 

From the Halloween post:

Or, you can brave the dark and head out to hunt creatures twisted by the dying light, and find special Halloween themed items, some from stories past, and one entirely new.

Let us hope for a fix before then, or we will have nothing to hunt for Halloween drops.

• Like 2

I should prolly finish my corbita and equip for an expedition on other servers.

So what is so different about Harmony that it is only here that is suffering?

The only thing that immediately comes to mind to me, is that Harmony is probably the only server that has literally thousands of player accounts created in such a short time span - It's not something weird like the fact that we have thousands of accounts that were created and they all logged out while on Harmony and are all counting against the server creature cap surely?

I've been told other servers now have a higher deed density than Harmony does, so if it was some interaction between deeds and valid spawning areas, it should be occurring elsewhere as well.

What other ideas can people come up with that makes Harmony different from other servers?

32 minutes ago, Delone said:

So what is so different about Harmony that it is only here that is suffering?

The only thing that immediately comes to mind to me, is that Harmony is probably the only server that has literally thousands of player accounts created in such a short time span - It's not something weird like the fact that we have thousands of accounts that were created and they all logged out while on Harmony and are all counting against the server creature cap surely?

I've been told other servers now have a higher deed density than Harmony does, so if it was some interaction between deeds and valid spawning areas, it should be occurring elsewhere as well.

What other ideas can people come up with that makes Harmony different from other servers?

Well....... look at this.... https://harmony.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

And now.....

Look at this.... https://independence.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

Both Servers are the SAME size......

Also.... it is already DEV-confirmed that there is something terrible wrong on Harmony.

Edited by Caduryn

the respawning is really buggy for all servers it seems, this is from cele

d86d3f94b89e2225e3bf44bf2f0b213a.png

That's a get info a local NE of my deed, all the hell scorps are my pets, apart from them + hellhorse there's a total of 16 hostile mobs and 6 of them are trapped in caves in about a 160x160 area. 0 Passive mobs in the area, and 0 other active deeds in this area. I killed all the mobs in the area like a week ago and never got any respawns. Worst part is there's a scorpion spawner and a crocodile spawner there, areas usually packed with mobs

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

the respawning is really buggy for all servers it seems, this is from cele

d86d3f94b89e2225e3bf44bf2f0b213a.png

That's a get info a local NE of my deed, all the hell scorps are my pets, apart from them + hellhorse there's a total of 16 hostile mobs and 6 of them are trapped in caves in about a 160x160 area. 0 Passive mobs in the area, and 0 other active deeds in this area. I killed all the mobs in the area like a week ago and never got any respawns. Worst part is there's a scorpion spawner and a crocodile spawner there, areas usually packed with mobs

Celebratiion has nearly 4 times the aggresive mobs as Harmony currently, on a map 1/4 the size, and it's mob count is holding rock steady looking at the graphs. Compare the two below, and you will see why people on Harmony are very unhappy.

https://celebration.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

https://harmony.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

I'm aware of the mob counts, i'm saying that respawns not working is not harmony only, as mobs aren't respawning on cele either, but nobody is doing any major hunting here to lower the numbers. I cleared about 4 tiles on the map a week ago and there's 0 mobs here still.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

I think excluding on-deed domestic creatures from the total creature count would help a lot.

• Like 3

I've been playing for about 2 months now on Harmony. I very much love the game.

There was an instance where a big troll came up to me while I was in the woods not very far from the village me and 3 others had made. I ran back to the village barely alive.. called the guards on the troll and 3 of my buddies came out and started hitting the troll with whatever they had, shovels and hatchets mostly. The troll killed 2 guards and almost killed one of us, but we got it! It was exciting! There was danger! It was a ton of fun! A few days after that these horse sized black wolves kept on coming up to the outskirts of our village. We fought them.. it was good fun.

That was a month ago. I haven't seen anything spawn near the village. I've never seen a wild bison, hellhorse, bull or horse. I can go afk all day and not worry about being killed by a single mob, which all in all is great for me because I go afk a ton. But, it makes for stale gameplay. No danger, no teaming up to kill monsters..none of it. I have nothing to fight to up my combat skills and it feels like a waste to have used a archery target to get them as high as they are now. Like I said..love the game..but things have gotten super stale.

• Like 2

I can confirm that we're seeing unusual respawn behaviour on Pristine as well. The desert near me was partially cleared and there are maybe a dozen mobs there now. however in a 4 tile cave near by there are a similar amount, so something seems a bit off there.

Yeah it seems that mobs getting trapped in mines is common these days. A few days ago i came across a mine with like 25 mobs inside. Never have this seen back years ago on Xanadu. Max. 3 mobs or so in mines. I have seen more mines with loads of mobs but not that many.

I appreciate the season event, and really would like some of those special time limited items.  But I feel like we are being penalized being on Harmony since much of the special event is based on the number of hunter mobs available.  I know the DEVs and Retrograde are doing everything they can but for the people on Harmony but it's not a fair playing field.  When I asked in CA Help and on GL-Freedom if hunting for 3 hours was normal to find nothing and the response from two different people was if your on Harmony your doomed.  How can we make this right?  How do I explain to my Wife she can't get a witches hat because we used steam and joined Harmony.

Edited by Taldragon
spelling

Harmony has half the number of aggressive creatures that Melody has, a server quarter the size. Around 8000 less than Cadence, a server the same size.

At least for the duration of the Halloween event there's a case for GM's to wave their wands and spawn mobs so Harmonians have a chance to find some.

It's a new record! Now less than 3k agro mobs on the whole server. 

This is despite the fact that many have actually left the server for hunting on other servers while the Halloween event is running, so they have a chance to participate. Seriously people of Harmony deserve compensation for this state of affairs.

We have Identified the cause and a full fix will be released soon! i'm unsure about the event continuing for longer on Harmony but will update if more info on that is given

• Like 1

Any chance of what the problem was being divulged? I know quite a few would be curious to see what it was that could affect one server so differently?

• Like 2

This seems to have been fixed (spawn, not sure about migration North). Thank you very much on behalf of Harmony players!

People are excited again!

• Like 1