Sign in to follow this  
Shamgar

Playing Wurm on a mobile device

Make it possible to play my wurm account on my android without 3rd party software.

• Like 1

Remote desktop would likely at least let you do it. Tho the user interface on the phone would be awful (lots of zoom scaling and panning).

I'm out of town for a few weeks and  need to tend to my deed. Im very tempted to buy a laptop. Figure I come to make a long shot suggestion.

You would have to go back in time and suggest this in the past to have a chance of it being implemented by the time you need it.

Wait, when are you from?

Edit: ps  if we had time travel, this is exactly the sort of thing it would get used for, tweaking games.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

Laptop running Macintosh (or whatever apple is now, sorry I last used in 1993) or windows will run it fine.  The components in many tablets or smartphones just can't handle the stuff wurm throws at them.  I run CrossfireX two radeon 8gb RX580 red devil graphics cards both overclocked and an 8-core 4.2ghz processor with 32gb RAM and still get 40 FPS with shadows on in this silly game. 

There's no way an android device on the market today is going to run this game with more then 10fps imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Laptop running Macintosh (or whatever apple is now, sorry I last used in 1993) or windows will run it fine.  The components in many tablets or smartphones just can't handle the stuff wurm throws at them.  I run CrossfireX two radeon 8gb RX580 red devil graphics cards both overclocked and an 8-core 4.2ghz processor with 32gb RAM and still get 40 FPS with shadows on in this silly game. 

There's no way an android device on the market today is going to run this game with more then 10fps imo.

Good point, guess it's not possible today. Guess ill have to travel farthur into the future ;)

• Like 1

By leveraging remote gaming technology and making a custom Wurm GUI designed for phone/table (yes, a challenging task) it would be possible to do this today. We wouldn't even need to wait for Wurm devs to do it, at least I'm pretty sure this type of setup would be fine as long as your controlling the toon.

Downside with this is Wurm would have to be running on a machine somewhere and have access to good upload/download internet speed. Although, many tasks in Wurm are slow. I'm pretty sure a phone 3G connection would be enough to click create every 20 seconds or so.

• Like 1

I remember seeing a similar thread around here and someone suggested geforce now. I know you said without 3rd party but I think geforce now might be an ok experience. The buttons and all the ui is going to be  kinda small tho.

Haven't tried it myself.

Edited by Idlamn
  • Like 1