Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

Any fix for Harmony Spawn problem

I and some others are wondering if spawn problem on Harmony is being worked on, the only live wild animal or mob I have personally seen in 3 days is a dog. Just wondering? 

There was a fix in this weeks patch, and there was a noticeable increase in fauna the first day. I agree with you, a few days in, it's still incredibly hard to find anything at all. I'm living on the big eastern island where mobs can't really migrate to the edges of the map, and there's just very little to kill.

If devs can further look into the problem, that would be nice indeed.

• Like 1

give those cry mob babies 200k mobs per server and forget them. then ignore them completely 6 months after when everyone will start complaining there are 2 mobs per tile and they cant go anywhere :D

23 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

give those cry mob babies 200k mobs per server and forget them. then ignore them completely 6 months after when everyone will start complaining there are 2 mobs per tile and they cant go anywhere :D

Yeah, that's a situation we had years ago. But surely there's something between no mobs at all, and 2 mobs per tile. One mob per tile could be a start.

• Like 1

I just visited Melody, and OH GOD..... MOBS everywhere, North.... and even South Steppe is packed full....

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

Mob count is much lower than that because of performance reasons. If you set mob count to 200k per server, everyone will start complaining right away because of the immense lag. 

50 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

I just visited Melody, and OH GOD..... MOBS everywhere, North.... and even South Steppe is packed full....

Melody is PACKED. I was there and at one point I had a champ scorp and champ troll on me. Ten minutes later a champ black bear came to play.  When I was done with the bit of terraforming I was doing I had a pile of 30+ mobs. 

It’s incredibly difficult to raise FS on Harmony at the moment. Also, I haven’t been able to find any wild horses for a very long time. Is there anything than can be done, or is this just the way it’s going to be on Harmony?

• Like 1

Cadence has nothing to kill. I can travel to hunt for meat but may players can't & it's hurting the game. They need to fix this or watch the bleeding away of the players they've gained. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Amber said:

Cadence has nothing to kill. I can travel to hunt for meat but may players can't & it's hurting the game. They need to fix this or watch the bleeding away of the players they've gained. 

This is simply not true.  I have low fs and died roughly 6 times in 3 or 4 hours, because there were so MANY aggressive animals that I couldn't get clear of them.  In 2 days I have seen dozens of animals of almost every type.  The only land animals I didn't see were lava fiends, hell scorpius,  bison, gorilla, rooster and a pheasant (I checked the wiki list, and it was quicker to list what I didn't see) .   Oh, and I didn't find wild horses.  I even saw a wild deer, for the first time since I started a year ago.  For hours at a time I literally had mobs in sight at all times.  3 times I have done a circuit around the "local" area and had this same kind of experience, although this time was much more extreme while also being the first time I didn't find horses.  I assume the horses aren't spawning as much because there are so many captive ones. 

Ther are 2 seperate spawncounters. One for animals and one for mosnters.  My guess is that the Horders with ther 200+ Animals on Deed/behind fences are a reason you expiriance so mutch problems to get a Horse. But for real geting meat don´t seem to be sutch a big problem since the update. of cours ts not a match to definace were you can litterly run around a h killing and didend even move 50 tiels form your deed.
Another issue is that I am not sure if the spawn mecanic do a second try if the first one fails becous the tile it wan´t to spawn is a deed. So the highter densety of deeds could be a problem but less dense areas shuld be fine.

So if you want to fix the spawn look if you can reach the horders and ask them to kill of horses they don´t need anymore (like non speed trait wild ones after they have a good stock of trait horses) and start clearing all the other animals you don´t want in the wildernis like Bisons, Cows, Dogs etc.

The Fixes are better then it was befor. On old servers you don´t feel it this way since with a low pop you often get enough over time but this was compare to the revisit they have done way to slow for the current server. If the Cap and Spawnrate would increes again you would complain about lag. There are currently limitations in the system and it would need a way harder revision of the animal pathing behavior to strain less server resources befor this can be increes more. Maybe just be a bit paciant and keep looking you don´t risk you horses in PVP so you just need a few since you shuld not constantly loosing them.

4 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

This is simply not true.  I have low fs and died roughly 6 times in 3 or 4 hours, because there were so MANY aggressive animals that I couldn't get clear of them.  In 2 days I have seen dozens of animals of almost every type.  The only land animals I didn't see were lava fiends, hell scorpius,  bison, gorilla, rooster and a pheasant (I checked the wiki list, and it was quicker to list what I didn't see) .   Oh, and I didn't find wild horses.  I even saw a wild deer, for the first time since I started a year ago.  For hours at a time I literally had mobs in sight at all times.  3 times I have done a circuit around the "local" area and had this same kind of experience, although this time was much more extreme while also being the first time I didn't find horses.  I assume the horses aren't spawning as much because there are so many captive ones. 

Amazingly the server is not homogenous in its distribution of wild animals and aggros and your experience is not what many of us are experiencing  .. while u may have more than u want in YOUR local area that is not the case over the entire server.

Quite the contrary, and the recent spawn changes have made absolutely no difference in my locaity, despite regular trips entirely around the large lake near me, and to the north and east, the landscape remains almost entirely empty .. one seal yesterday, one scorpion today .. and this has been the pattern for weeks now.

If the problem was simply the increased local population of players getting out and killing everything in sight, i would expect to find at least some butchered corpses, but thats not happening either .. so where is the wildlife?.

• Like 2

Whatever the devs did when the last patch was rolled out, helped bump up the wildlife. Shortly after the server was up I went on a short trip and managed to score some kills. Contrary to the weeks before, where I would only find a single rare mob at best.

The actual spawnrate, at least from my perspective, has not improved. After the first mobs died, the mobs are almost non-existant. There's a big steppe I include in my daily travels and it has been completely void of anything. Except this morning, I found one single troll.

And again, I am on a big island, it's not a migration problem. Wildlife would have to swim in order to migrate, and we don't see that happening. I also don't see many people roaming to look for something to kill. That's why it seems a pure spawn problem.

I hope this will be kept on the list of things to do, and perhaps after each server restart the devs could spawn the mobs or whatever they did when the patch was rolled out.

Edited by Kelebeth

4 hours ago, Scottfree2 said:

Amazingly the server is not homogenous in its distribution of wild animals and aggros and your experience is not what many of us are experiencing  .. while u may have more than u want in YOUR local area that is not the case over the entire server.

Quite the contrary, and the recent spawn changes have made absolutely no difference in my locaity, despite regular trips entirely around the large lake near me, and to the north and east, the landscape remains almost entirely empty .. one seal yesterday, one scorpion today .. and this has been the pattern for weeks now.

If the problem was simply the increased local population of players getting out and killing everything in sight, i would expect to find at least some butchered corpses, but thats not happening either .. so where is the wildlife?.

You are telling this to the wrong person.  What you are saying is exactly what I was demonstrating in response to someone claiming "Cadence has nothing to kill."  Obviously there is plenty to kill in some areas.  

I wouldn't expect to see many butchered corpses because I always bury and had assumed others generally would as well.  I did see a few, though.  Where is the wildlife?  I am reluctant to say where I ran into all of these, as I am picturing a locust-like swarm of hunters stripping it bare.  I did pretty much post 3 or 4 map square locations in Freedom chat when I was trying to locate a few of my own corpses, though.