Sign in to follow this  
Jadeations

Update Failed! Error Opening Connection to the Patch Server

I cannot play wurm. each time I have tried to launch it it says Update Failed! Error Opening COnnection to the Patch Server

System: Windows 10 64 bit 

Things I've tried: restarting laptop, uninstalling reinstalling wurm, task manager, opening and closing the launcher, googling the issue, disconnecting and reconnecting from the internet. 

Please help if you know anything about this issue as I would really like to try this game.

• Like 1

While i am no expert by a longshot it error message gives me the impression it is permissions based on your PC/laptop.

Reason being that the Patch server has been doing fine and you not getting an connection is probably due to the program on your PC/laptop not having the permission to connect online.

I would recommend trying to run it as administrator and see if that works otherwise consider checking if wurm or java has access through your firewall.

[08:41:00] <Sappiro> settings panel > programs > Java

[08:43:21] <Sappiro> java control panel > general > "temporary internet files"/"settings..." > delete files (=> it will refresh files on Java console and pick the right one after another attempt lounching the wurm)

None of these suggestions have worked unfortunately, please continue with suggestions if you have any.