Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Rift 10-3-2020

Rift at around L17 mid Xan starting Sat 2:10pm Est (aka New York Time).

Edited by Katrat

Sadly, start time 18:10 GMT clashing with black dragon slaying on Release at 18:00 GMT. Maybe I shall try to get there when back, given the rift is still running. Any more detailed location info?

It's easy to get to from the lake. It's close to the far side of that sand area on the map. Just on the south edge of that hill.

Edited by Katrat

Rift opens in an hour and I am alone here. I can't solo a rift, I don't even have a priest, is any one else coming?

Some good peeps came to the rift.

wurm.20201003.1426.jpg

wurm.20201003.1536.jpg

wurm.20201003.1707_2.jpg?width=753&heigh

wurm.20201003.1555.jpg

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 2

Nowadays players always show up last minute, fight the monsters, kill them, close the rift and disappear with the rewards.

The way it used to be; a community event where all participants worked together to get a safe zone, Fo - and sometimes other god's - altars and a clear cut area is no more.

And I doubt it'll come back.

I hope you had fun with this kind of "commmunity event", as I certainly didn't and because of that doubtfully will attent to rifts in the future.

Thorin :) 

My friend and I did build a safe zone and cleared the area between the safe zone and the rift center of trees. Though admittedly I did not have any altars as I do not have a priest, I did have cotton, covers, food, and even water and wine for those who wanted it, all on an enchanted grass tile. Granted I was the only one who did this but it was enough I think for those who attended and I was quite welcoming of any who came late or not. And I and my friend did have fun and I like to think that the others did as well. Having said that yes it would have been nice to have others there beforehand to help and I do not agree with the practice of continually showing up late to leave all the work to others while still reaping the rewards. Yet one of the rewards is rift points and since I was only one of two who was there from beginning to end I certainly gained more than I expected which I was quite happy with.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

Yes, indeed, thanks to Katrat and the work she did in preparation. Actually, this rift was under not that good auspices as it clashed with the black dragon slaying on Release. And though I sailed through all the way I only managed to arrive short before end wave 2 bringing a few free horses I picked in the lakes inbetween, and (fortunately with my priests with me) managed to summon three other players. And it was a pleasant rift battle though. Katrat had indeed done a nice job with camp preparation.

Rift habits change over times. I cannot say that I am so sad that the utterly crowded rifts where you struggled to get an attack slot on an opponent at all are no more, or at least rare. One should also mention that preparation needs have changed. One safe camp is completely sufficient  now as the rift creatures do not stray beyond the area anymore targeting any creature, hitched horses in particular. So it is ok if people arrive in time as long as they arrive at all. And that has changed towards better compared to last year. During my more intense rift activities I repeatedly had rifts with only 3 or even 2 participants (hello Kgorski, Wulfmaer ;) ). This year was considerably better, even under the unlucky situation of a public slaying occurring concurrently.

• Like 1

That's very kind Ekcin Thank you.  I really appreciated your making that effort to come. When I saw that I was there alone just an hour before the rift I started to worry that my friend I were going to be the only ones there as my experience with past rifts were quite different. There were always players there hours before the rift started. Had I known that the dragon event was at the same time I would likely not have even gone to the rift but am glad that I did. I had a great time and appreciate all who came. Also it was my friends first rift and he really enjoyed it too so thanks again to all made it there. :) And I have to give special thanks to Alexeyst who was the first to get there and took on the entire first wave with just me and him. You rock dude! ;)

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

I found the next one if anyone is interested.

Edited by Katrat