Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Haste

I guess everyone who hunts a little and does not throw away their meat has tons of food?
Food can be used to speed up the action. "Haste" would require a button like a sleep bonus that activates it, and during a haste our hunger bar drops much faster, but our actions take less time. We replace resources that took some time to obtain to speed up other boring actions, such as farming or mining.

Your actions take less time as your skill gets higher. It also takes less time when using the proper tools with enchants.

-1 to your suggestion.

• Like 2

And? If you have access to such tools, use them, and if someone has access to food, they will be able to use my solution. After all, what I propose does not limit the availability of current solutions in any way.

We have wind of ages as well as higher skill and quality tools.  -1

58 minutes ago, Darnok said:

And? If you have access to such tools, use them, and if someone has access to food, they will be able to use my solution. After all, what I propose does not limit the availability of current solutions in any way.

Eating good food does not make you work faster. This makes no sense in real life and it makes no sense in a video game such as Wurm Online.

What would make more sense is that food helps you recover stamina faster, or reduces the amount of stamina used on when doing actions.

But hey! Wurm already does this. So yet again, this idea has no place in Wurm.

So again -1

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

We have wind of ages as well as higher skill and quality tools.  -1

This is still too slow for a player who doesn't use multiclient.

7 minutes ago, Darnok said:

This is still too slow for a player who doesn't use multiclient.

The current mechanics don’t require you to multiclient though that is optional? 

31 minutes ago, Gawain said:

The current mechanics don’t require you to multiclient though that is optional? 

Watching the bar move and as a player I do nothing for 20 seconds deters players, reminds me of Facebook games.

2 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Watching the bar move and as a player I do nothing for 20 seconds deters players, reminds me of Facebook games.

Does it deter though? I see that as an intended mechanic in Wurm. Things aren’t supposed to be instant such as mass potion creation in WoW. You can get close to quick though with improved skills, high QL tools and a high WOA enchant! :) 

28 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Does it deter though? I see that as an intended mechanic in Wurm. Things aren’t supposed to be instant such as mass potion creation in WoW. You can get close to quick though with improved skills, high QL tools and a high WOA enchant! :) 

Enchanted items are a strange boost you get forever since items don't break, and my idea requires you to "burn/trade" certain limited resources to save time.

50x actions for single tile while mining... how short can you make single action?

I understand why mining cannot be too fast, but there is also another way to achieve the same goal. For example Haste can only be used on my deed and perimeter or other scenario all actions are faster on deed, but those outside of it are a lot slower.

Or another scenario... in the mines, the farther from the entry the action should be slower and the risk of a tunnel collapse may increase.

Current solution is most boring.

27 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Enchanted items are a strange boost you get forever since items don't break, and my idea requires you to "burn/trade" certain limited resources to save time.

50x actions for single tile while mining... how short can you make single action?

I understand why mining cannot be too fast, but there is also another way to achieve the same goal. For example Haste can only be used on my deed and perimeter or other scenario all actions are faster on deed, but those outside of it are a lot slower.

Or another scenario... in the mines, the farther from the entry the action should be slower and the risk of a tunnel collapse may increase.

Current solution is most boring.

Sorry to say but Enchants wear out....

So again...... play the game atleast.... befor giving insane suggestions....

4 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

Sorry to say but Enchants wear out....

So again...... play the game atleast.... befor giving insane suggestions....

I have few enchanted items, but I have not noticed that their effect is weakening. This is somehow shown by the UI, or do I have to guess when looking at skill gain and you can see it somewhere between 0.02 and 0.03?

Enchants wear down, and they wear down quite quickly when doing actions like mining. The UI shows this... The power of the enchant goes down..

Maybe play the game more and find out about how things work before coming here suggesting all sorts of nonsense 

Eating food and gaining CCFP already decreases stamina usage by quite a lot. Ergo, because your stamina goes down slower with each action, you get slightly faster timers in the next actions and can make items more quickly. 

Edited by atazs

12 minutes ago, atazs said:

Enchants wear down, and they wear down quite quickly when doing actions like mining. The UI shows this... The power of the enchant goes down..

Maybe play the game more and find out about how things work before coming here suggesting all sorts of nonsense 

I am playing game... my sword enchant level/power hasn't changed in a month, so what should I think about this as new player hmm?

12 minutes ago, atazs said:

Eating food and gaining CCFP already decreases stamina usage by quite a lot. Ergo, because your stamina goes down slower with each action, you get slightly faster timers in the next actions and can make items more quickly. 

That is different.

They wear down by usage only. Some actions wear them down more than others. 

Previous suggestion: Slow everyone down!

This suggestion: Make everything faster!

WrKPhfd.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atazs said:

They wear down by usage only. Some actions wear them down more than others. 

Well I killed a lot of animals... and still same level of enchant.

6 minutes ago, Locath said:

Previous suggestion: Slow everyone down!

This suggestion: Make everything faster!

WrKPhfd.gif

Slow down people who do the same activity for half a day. Getting the food, preparing it and using it while doing many different actions does not contradict my earlier ideas. It only complements them.

So on top of following things that already increase action speed:

Item quality.

Item rarity.

Enchants.

Skill level.

Stamina drain bonus from food.

Metal properties.

Runes.

Effectively making you have 3s mining timer on first 10 queued actions

We need another way to increase that speed? 

Remove the timers all together and let us punch down trees too!

Edited by Locath

34 minutes ago, Locath said:

So on top of following things that already increase action speed:

Item quality.

Item rarity.

Enchants.

Skill level.

Stamina drain bonus from food.

Metal properties.

Runes.

Effectively making you have 3s mining timer on first 10 queued actions

We need another way to increase that speed? 

Remove the timers all together and let us punch down trees too!

Great so game is no longer boring in the end...how long you have to play to have 3 second actions? 🙂

2 minutes ago, Darnok said:

how long you have to play to have 3 second actions?

If you focus on one skill and trade with other players? couple of months.

If you want to invest money and focus on one thing - couple of weeks to 2 months if lazy.

If you want to get to all of it solo? years.

The choice is there. You can specialize and be good at one thing (which you strongly oppose, hinder everyone who tries that, as per your previous suggestion) and play the market being good at it.

You can be a bit of everything (which is what you want to force everyone to do, again, as per your previous suggestion) and be bad at everything at the same time.

It's entirely up to each player what way they want to play and there are multiple systems allowing to progress at a pace which suits everyone's preference.

36 minutes ago, Locath said:

If you focus on one skill and trade with other players? couple of months.

If you want to invest money and focus on one thing - couple of weeks to 2 months if lazy.

If you want to get to all of it solo? years.

The choice is there. You can specialize and be good at one thing (which you strongly oppose, hinder everyone who tries that, as per your previous suggestion) and play the market being good at it.

You can be a bit of everything (which is what you want to force everyone to do, again, as per your previous suggestion) and be bad at everything at the same time.

It's entirely up to each player what way they want to play and there are multiple systems allowing to progress at a pace which suits everyone's preference.

Maybe it would be better to make Haste reduce the duration of actions to a certain skill level? If the skill level and other extras are so good later, you won't have to waste resources (food) to save time, but at start action timer reduction would make game less boring.

1 minute ago, Darnok said:

but at start action timer reduction would make game less boring.

The game is anything BUT boring. There are more things to do in Wurm than pretty much any other game. Systems are connected and affect each other (e.g. action timers). 

Monotony exists IF you task yourself that way but you don't have to. It's up to you and you are (for large part) not capped artificially.