Sign in to follow this  
viruskiller

remove "cast a global spell from personal goals"

after the Channeling update that limits the link to channeling skill is almost impossible to be part of one , and lately most of them are ninja'd and that leaves us no chance to ever complete that goal. it took over 2 months for Lib one to be ready on harmony and then it was casted without any notice, even though i myself was part of a sermon circle with 3 priests i own and other 3-4 priests praying day and night  the cast wasn't part of us or anyone invited for it .

They've already stated that they're overhauling the Journal and its goals. 

4 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

lets hope it won't have as many revisions as animal movement system..

I am not sure about the link restrictions, maybe I insufficiently understood the link nerf. As far as these changes are clashing with global spells, the devs should fix that so that normal global spells with up to 9 participants or so (depending on channeling skill of the caster) will be possible as before. Everything else I would consider a bug.

As to the problems with "ninja casters", this danger always existed and exists. It was well possible to organize global spell lists e.g. in Xanadu forum. Two of my priests went through it during a couple of weeks, the third enjoyed a global spell during her sermons.

What puzzles me a bit is that there are already that many high level priests on SFI eligible for global spells. Is that really the case? And are they really already up for benediction? Isn't the 70 prayer much more of an obstacle?

1 hour ago, viruskiller said:

after the Channeling update that limits the link to channeling skill

are you saying people were abusing an exploit to get more people the journal goal? because that limit was always a thing lol

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

when the hell did they say that

gotta love when some1 is salty af that didnt get a cast.. 

1 hour ago, viruskiller said:

i myself was part of a sermon circle with 3 priests i own and other 3-4 priests praying day and night

so were another 100 ppl doing the same i bet, so obviously someone got the cast, no? 

its a game, you missed it, blame yourself. if your group had all the priests for the cast praying day and night but you didnt notice there was enough favour to cast rite and someone else did, gotta blame yourself, not suggest removing it. i personally love all the journal goal there are apart one - 100 rifts. 

Same question. Where did they say anything about changes to the journal?

I've seen it mentioned several times, probably in CA HELP. Not something I can look up at the moment, and it's entirely possible that I misread something that was said. 

10 hours ago, Nekojin said:

I've seen it mentioned several times, probably in CA HELP. Not something I can look up at the moment, and it's entirely possible that I misread something that was said. 

They have plans about adding new crafting tiers to journal simmilar to priest ones i think, there was nothing said about reworking existing tiers as far as i know. In fact many people asked for removal or change of global spell goal and rift goal from the begining and they stubornly refused it. It think its too late now to change it since a lot of people have done it.

"Have done it" is another term for "is feasible". And, to add that, feasible in sense of being feasible in considerate time spans. 100 rifts are demonstrably harder than 1 global spell, but are achievable as well, albeit not in a few weeks or months, and I consider the demands to alleviate that not completely unfounded though maybe exaggerated (after all, I did 100 rifts in bit more than a year, and could have done it even faster).

In my opinion, the prayer skill 70 is an other beast, and should be scrapped. Of course, it is achievable, but on cost of disrupting the game play of main priest players. It is of course possible, and not even overly hard, to chain priest alts to the altar for weeks and months, and they will eventually get the goal. For a main priest character, it means just lost playtime, and lost fun while the benefits of prayer skill 70 are minimal. That is in contrast to a global spell where it is pleasant to meet so many other priests, or to rifts which earn you rift points, rift materials, and moon metals.

Entries that cannot actively be worked on beyond waiting for an intermittent timer (rifts, global spells) suck.

Entries that demand us to grind something for a long time that has no use to be grinding suck (prayer).

Edited by RainRain

8 hours ago, RainRain said:

Entries that cannot actively be worked on beyond waiting for an intermittent timer (rifts, global spells) suck.

Entries that demand us to grind something for a long time that has no use to be grinding suck (prayer).

i'm fine with grinding something useless as long as it is doable the reward is worth it in my opinion, even the 100 rifts, they are not totally useless and in the end you feel like you have done something in the game.

as for global spells is totally a luck thing, the only way to make it 90% sure is to have alts ready to cast it yourself and be on 24/7 around the time it is almost charged.

I agree to remove global spells from the Journal Goal as those spells do not always require a common effort to cast it. (just plenty of alts)

Journal goal should be based on achievement not on pure luck and wallet tank

Edited by Baenre