Sign in to follow this  
warrior

Planned RoS cast

Thought i'd make a thread for a planned RoS cast seeing as we just had Harmony 1

Will do it 48 hrs from thread start to give people enough time to use their Harmony SB

If anybody wants in, message me, could take up to 6 or so links

Edited by warrior
  • Like 3

Thanks Rudie.

Was the perfect time to head over to pick the stuff up :)

Please count in Fatherbill  Faith: 65.14434  if you have room :)

Melody just casted RoS, could we maybe postpone this one so that we have enough time to use up the sb first?

9 minutes ago, CocoCereza said:

Melody just casted RoS, could we maybe postpone this one so that we have enough time to use up the sb first?

I'm  not someone who benefits from RoS, so my opinion may not be relevant, but this isn't really helpful or useful. Each server's population should do their own RoS irrelevant from the others. Not everyone wants to spend the time toodling from server to server to get the sleep bonus. If the Cadence casters wait, then the 10h compensation might drop. Then people will insist that the casters wait until they've had a chance to use up their 10h. Then it won't be Spring any more, so the casters will have missed their window, and have to wait another RL month. 

TL;DR: Go ahead with the RoS. There's not really any good reason not to. 

Edited by Nekojin
  • Like 1

So don't spend the time 'toodling' captain crankypants.

Some people appreciate warning on a cast unlike the last couple of ROS casts and the recently cast ROD.

Also, ROS has nothing to do with spring and there is no 'window' to cast it. It's simply once a certain amount of prayers have been accumulated, it can be cast.

Edited by Rudie

20 minutes ago, Rudie said:

So don't spend the time 'toodling' captain crankypants.

Some people appreciate warning on a cast unlike the last couple of ROS casts and the recently cast ROD.

Also, ROS has nothing to do with spring and there is no 'window' to cast it. It's simply once a certain amount of prayers have been accumulated, it can be cast.

I'm not complaining about the warning - not sure where you're getting that from. I'm objecting to the idea of holding off until "X people" have used up their sleep bonus. I'd think that 2 days' warning is more than enough time for people to use up their 5 hours of sleep bonus. 

Looking at the Wiki, it seems you're right that Rite of Spring isn't restricted by time of year, but surely you can see why that's a common mistake. 

12 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

I'd think that 2 days' warning is more than enough time for people to use up their 5 hours of sleep bonus. 

it is except that it was ninja casted on mel today so that is why they ask to wait 

• Like 1

I think we'll stick with the time. Plenty of warning, will mean a few can tick of journal. + some people only play CAD, so dont wanna delay them

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 10:16 AM, Nekojin said:

If the Cadence casters wait, then the 10h compensation might drop. Then people will insist that the casters wait until they've had a chance to use up their 10h. Then it won't be Spring any more, so the casters will have missed their window, and have to wait another RL month. 

Naw, that's nonsense for two reasons. First, the official info post says that there will be advance notice before the 10hr drops, so you have time to use up your sleep bonus.

Second, and in the same vein, Keenan said on October 1st:

As for sleep bonus: No announcement yet as to when, but we will give a week notice or so when we do.

There's no reason NOT to delay this cast. Any prayers while the cast is ready charge up toward the next cast anyway, there's no cap. There's zero risk right now of a new harmony/melody cast coming right away, and there's zero risk of the 10h dropping without around a week's notice. Because you can charge up toward the next cast even while the first one is ready, players on Cadence wouldn't even being missing out on any sleep bonus in the long run 

Edited by Arronicus

On 10/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, Nekojin said:

Then it won't be Spring any more, so the casters will have missed their window, and have to wait another RL month. 

What nonsense is that....?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

What nonsense is that....?

God knows when they thought Rite of Death was limited to...

Still room if anybody wants the journal, would like to help as many CAD priests as possible with this! :)

• Like 1

[18:51:04] As the Rite of Spring is completed, followers of Vynora may now receive a blessing!

• Like 4