Sign in to follow this  
ErikRied

New Player

Looking for crash course guide

Hello, I am a new player to Wurm, and I have been looking for basically a crash course compressed and comprehensive guide to starting out in this game, instead of having to look through 20+ wiki pages, and random videos trying to piece together a successful start to still no avail, I was wondering if there was a guide that tells you all you need to know to get settled in the game. 

Any reply would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Edited by ErikRied

Best way to learn is to join a village.  Other than that don't skip the in game tutorial, read all of the signs, do everything your first toon.  Use the journal for suggestions as to the first things you can do.  Most of those resources will be close to the starter towns on newer servers.  When you have a doubt, right click the item and select the wurmpedia and read that part of the wiki.  Lurk in the CA-Help chat and ask questions there.  

I would honestly not bother rolling through a ton of online videos before just jumping in.  This game is the longest grind you will ever face, so if you don't enjoy crafting, collecting, etc...you may not enjoy this game, but if you do, it's the best.

Also, you have to actually orienteer.  So map, compass and the forum community maps are great values.  Pay attention to everything, landmarks, roads, mountains.  

There just is no such thing as a compressed, comprehensive guide other than just jumping on in.

If you want to go the solo route, my recommendation would be not to plop down a deed stake just anywhere.  Get familiar with surroundings.  Prospect, look at resources and what kinds of things you want to do.  Obv if you enjoy fishing, sailing you want to be near water which will mean a lot of roaming far from starter towns.  If you are more interested in animals farming, etc an inland deed is easier to locate a good spot closer to towns, but you will have to transport any ship you build to water.  Soloing new is much more frustrating, but entirely doable and actually enjoyable once you get the hang of things.

Good luck.