Sign in to follow this  
phennexion

Sermon radius limiting deed growth...

One of the biggest problems we have on our giant deed is that no one wants to leave the cave that we're in because it's a pain to run back every 20-30 min for a sermon.

We have beautiful buildings and houses, but no one can work in their workshop or grind away from our deed main building where the altars are housed because of sermon radius. Not keeping people shackled down to 1 main building will be great for deed growth. Sometimes it takes our people 15 min to stop what they're digging on far side of deed and walk back to the altars for sermon. So most of us just work from the building with the altars to counter this.

Also, when people want their own houses - but they dont wana be stuck in the sermon place, they get anxiety not attending a sermon or get annoying having to run back and forth all the time.

Can they just allow sermons to be deed wide? I know it doesn't make sense realistically, but we have lots of cases of WOGIC already.

Thoughts?

Edited by phennexion
  • Like 1

As someone who was stuck in a smelly cave with a bunch of sweaty man for the past 2 months I can't agree more. You either feel shacklede or crazy for running back and forth every 30 minutes. Deed wide sermons or higher yield ones with a longer cooldown would make more sense.

• Like 1

The issue with making sermons deed wide is that it would hit everyone on deed regardless of where they are, causing an alignment change. This can present a problem for people who dont want to participate or be forced to endure an alignment change without their consent. There are many reasons why someone might not want to and this would require these people to leave sermon range to avoid it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

The issue with making sermons deed wide is that it would hit everyone on deed regardless of where they are, causing an alignment change. This can present a problem for people who dont want to participate or be forced to endure an alignment change without their consent. There are many reasons why someone might not want to and this would require these people to leave sermon range to avoid it.

Then take away alignment change for when your more than 5 tiles away.. simple.

9 minutes ago, phennexion said:

This could easily be exploited if there is no alignment change then they could count for listeners more than every 30 min and priests could chain sermon

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crukash said:

This could easily be exploited if there is no alignment change then they could count for listeners more than every 30 min and priests could chain sermon

Your too closed minded, just have it count the people but still have a timer without alignment change, set a flag on each player if they attended a sermon recently. sheesh.

18 minutes ago, phennexion said:

or make it so alignment change comes only with /invitation turned on. or something to that effect

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phennexion said:

Your too closed minded, just have it count the people but still have a timer without alignment change, set a flag on each player if they attended a sermon recently. sheesh.

Well thats a bit snappy bud. He is just explaining why that suggestion wouldn't work. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 8:57 PM, Angelklaine said:

that would be new to me the alignment is something bad, hey every 30 minutes +4 free alignment? no i dont want that xD?!
only time u get more allignment is killing a whitelighter / darklighter or confession to prist.

so fine by me

16 minutes ago, Optales said:

that would be new to me the alignment is something bad, hey every 30 minutes +4 free alignment? no i dont want that xD?!
only time u get more allignment is killing a whitelighter / darklighter or confession to prist. so fine by me

Not so fine for those with opposite alignment. Could ruin their priesthood in worst case.

Alignment change can be good or bad depending on the circumstances. But the limited range of sermons allows to choose.

And honestly, I feel the demand a bit too much. Going to the sermon location, or just staying there, is not so hard a chore. And the reward in faith gain is huge.

Edited by Ekcin

11 hours ago, Optales said:

only time u get more allignment is killing a whitelighter / darklighter or confession to prist.

so fine by me

High alignment reduces difficulty of prayer and channeling thus people wanting to be the most efficient in grinding these prefer to stay on low alignment up to a certain point.

19 hours ago, Optales said:

so fine by me

There is this little known religion called Libila, you know? Getting constant positive alignment tends to be bad for them. Just saying.

6 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

There is this little known religion called Libila, you know? Getting constant positive alignment tends to be bad for them. Just saying.

They actually changed this so white light and black light can do sermons together, you dont get neg or positive align from the opposite side. You can count for their sermon with 0 alignment change.

14 hours ago, Crukash said:

They actually changed this so white light and black light can do sermons together, you dont get neg or positive align from the opposite side. You can count for their sermon with 0 alignment change.

Another reason you may want to avoid sermons been deed-wide is when you have multiple sermons happening on the same deed. If your sermon gets so big that you need to split it, its going to make it impossible to hold them both on the same deed. 

This happened to us at Nuln when we had so many priests sermoning that people were not getting in on sermons so it had to be split.