Sign in to follow this  
Piyu2

Ros has been cast

Im here to Inform you that Rite of Spring has been cast.

[13:32:24] (UTC+1) As the Rite of Spring is completed, followers of Vynora may now receive a blessing!

Enjoy!

• Like 5

/begin sarcasm

🤪 I must have missed the announcement that it was to be cast. 

/end sarcasm

14 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

RoS is available again

I think a lot of us are still working through those 10hrs we were given not too long ago though.

• Like 1

RoS scheduled for Nov 1st on Cadence, let's tryyyyy not to do 3 RoS in 3 days on cadence/harmony/melody again pretty please

• Like 2

On 10/29/2020 at 6:05 PM, Arronicus said:

RoS scheduled for Nov 1st on Cadence, let's tryyyyy not to do 3 RoS in 3 days on cadence/harmony/melody again pretty please

Can we move this a day due to the sniped RoS on Cadence. Nov 2nd maybe?

• Like 3

It was already cast, maybe 3+ hours ago, on Harmony.  <-- in error

^^^

Above is incorrect, it was Holy Crop that was cast at that point.

Edited by Tristanc

Ah yeah, true. It was Holy Crop that was cast. 

My mistake, my character's perception of the rite was clouded by the prejudice of being a Fo follower, not of Vynora!

Lets cast tomorrow? Nov 2.

Edited by Melros
  • Like 1

Let's better wait a bit more; with the modification to rites frequency better spread them out a bit; maybe next weekend?

8 hours ago, Bloodreina said:

Let's better wait a bit more; with the modification to rites frequency better spread them out a bit; maybe next weekend?

Why though? Sleep bonus is sleep bonus. I have a rudimentary understanding of the changes but I dont see time being so much of an issue. Am I right to assume the favor bumps are server based?

Patch Notes 23 October 2020

Change: Rite spell favor pool requirements changed
    Adjustments have been made to allow for more regular casts of global ritual spells on smaller and less populated servers, while also keeping their frequency at reasonable levels on servers where they are cast more often:
    The base favor needed by a deity in order for players to cast a ritual spell has been lowered significantly.
    Any casts of a ritual within the past 8 months will increase the favor needed by the deity to cast the ritual again.
    The more recent the casting of a ritual, the more favor it will add to the amount required.
    The indications of deity favor given at sermons (such as "Fo is brimming with power") will accurately reflect the favor the deity currently needs on that server, at the time of the sermon.

Doesn't make much sense to spread them out if the Rite is currently ready to be cast. The sooner it is casted, the sooner it can be casted later on. If Harmony waits a week/month/months or whatever to cast the spell it will just take that much longer to cast it again. Get it over with.

(I currently still have nearly 10 hours of sleep bonus so it would benefit me more for the cast to be delayed but makes no sense for others to wait)

The idea was that those of us who are more casual don't have time to burn out 5H of SB (up to 10H with CCFP) plus the SB from normal sleep in just a few days.

So by spreading them at least one week apart and planning them before weekend (when people have more time to burn SB down) more people would potentially benefit from them.

Even a really dedicated player, semihardcore, playing four hours a day would only be able to play 1H of extra SB per day, so would need about a week to burn down those five hours. ( (1H from sleep + 1H extra) * 2 from CCFP = 4 hours)

If you do them only days apart, and especially during a week day when most of us don't play (much) it means that, mostly, only the hardcore players would benefit for the SB because rest of us would be at somehow full capacity and then we'll have to wait months for next one because they'll refill harder now.

Edited by Bloodreina
  • Like 1

Fats aren't as good as you think they are.

Shall we aim for this time tomorrow, I'll need a little help if any Vynora's are keen?

2 minutes ago, warrior said:

Fats aren't as good as you think they are.

Shall we aim for this time tomorrow, I'll need a little help if any Vynora's are keen?

Off-topic: Personally I never use food (only relay on Refresh), so have no idea how fats work, but I was told that each percent of fat means the SB resists 1% longer, so at 50% fat one hour of SB will actually resist 1.5 hours and at 100% fat, one hour of SB will actually resist two hours. Am I wrong? If so how do they work?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bloodreina said:

5H of SB (up to 10H with CCFP)

Just a note, CCFP does not double sleep bonus, the effect is half of that, which is still considerable:

Having a full fats bar affects sleep bonus usage  by 33% (it scales linearly, so having the bar 10% full reduces sleep bonus drain by 3.3%), meaning it's between 6.65 and 7.5 hours max, not 10 (admittedly I dont remember in this case if it means that SB lasts 33% longer (6.65 hours) or if it drains 33% slowers (7.5 hours). This is the formula if you're interested: lMod *= 1.0f + Math.min(this.status.getFats(), 1.0f) / 3.0f; This works out to 1 + (how full your fat bar is a whole integer, so 40% = 0.4) /3 so full fats = 1 + 1/3, and so on. 

Also, as you may have noticed, casting RoS on harmony does not affect cooldown times on melody or cadence, so all casting later on harmony does is push back the time of when the next RoS on harmony can happen, as afaik, the cooldown time wasnt retroactively applied.  

I am not saying that the RoS time should or should not be pushed back, just wanted to clear up these misunderstandings for you

2 minutes ago, Bloodreina said:

but I was told that each percent of fat means the SB resists 1% longer, so at 50% fat one hour of SB will actually resist 1.5 hours and at 100% fat, one hour of SB will actually resist two hours. Am I wrong?

Whoever told you this was the wrong one, see above

Edited by Arronicus

I'd like to cast as soon as possible, and have a 94 faith 71 channeling vyn ready to do so. I also have two vyn batteries with 72 faith (52 usable linked favor) each , so if you all wanna come to my deed we can cast anytime.

[17:53:46] As the Rite of Spring is completed, followers of Vynora may now receive a blessing!

• Like 1