Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Error 35 Compensation

When will we get an ETA on compensation for this "Error 35" Wurm created problem? 

It's October now. Problem occurred late July. We don't even have an ETA because the PR guy informed me that I didn't request one, so therefore I'm not due an answer on that. Talk about a delay tactic that is so obvious, that it's insulting. 

Why is it taking months to even address this issue?

Well here ya go.. here is the chance for staff and player alike, to discuss the matter. Openly.

If someone steps out of line in this thread. Mods, please remove their posts and punish them, instead of locking the thread and putting an end to the discussion. Thank you.

ERROR 35 COMPENSATION !!!!

• Like 2

Going out on a limb here, I highly doubt you will get any, you aren't entitled to it. It was a free event and it sounds like swapping to old client avoided the issue.

Also they can't really tell who had the issue, be realistic.

Wonder what was I doing on the 24th? Well lets see, we had 8 cows calve + the usual milking morning/afternoon, so not much wurm time there, what about the next 3 days? We then had 16 more cows calve, so obviously I was quite busy and didn't get much out of this event.

Efluent happens

Edited by cccdfern
  • Like 3

Nope.. No clients worked, and devs even admitted it was a problem on their end. No service for 4 days. Missed out on a party as well. Now been given the run-a-round now for months. 

If it can happen to me, it can happen to you, and everyone. It's time compensation for faults of Wurm. No service for 4 days, then to get lip service and BS. That don't cut it in my book. And you better believe it will happen to each and everyone of you, if you sit there doing nothing about it. This, "ignore it and it will go away" routine ain't gonna cut it with me. I played that game for a decade. It got me exactly nothing. So now it's time to do things the opposite way. See if this way gets me nothing. If it does get me nothing, then that speaks volumes to the way staff handles their problems, and you all should take note of that.

• Like 1

We’re getting 10hrs of sb at some point just read the announcements

• Like 1

As said in the current events post, 10 hours of sleep bonus will be given as compensation for the downtime and issues at the time of the Steam launch. 

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

As said in the current events post, 10 hours of sleep bonus will be given as compensation for the downtime and issues at the time of the Steam launch. 

That is compensation for everyone, right? OK great. Compensate EVERYONE for that fiasco of a launch. They all at least got to play and reap the rewards of 4 days game time and of the bonus skilling 4 days.

NOW, what will be given to the ERROR 35 people, on top of the 10 Hours you're giving to EVERYONE who didn't suffer from the ERROR 35 problem?

Those who couldn't play, and couldn't reap the rewards of the bonus system?

These are two seperate issues, and I don't think you are actually giving any compensation to the ERROR 35 people with this 10 Hours of sleep. If you were, you'd only be giving the 10 hours of sleep, you know, to the ERROR 35 victims.

26 minutes ago, RainRain said:

We’re getting 10hrs of sb at some point just read the announcements

That reward is for something OTHER than the victims of the ERROR 35 problem. See most everyone getting those 10 hours were at least able to log in and play and reap the rewards of the 30% bonus. The victims of the ERROR 35 problem, didn't get to play, didn't get to reap the 30% bonus time. Nothing, we got nothing. This 10 hours sleep is for something other than what ERROR 35 people suffered through. If this 10 hours of sleeps was compensation for the 4 days of lost game time and 4 days of 30% bonus skilling, then only the people suffering from ERROR 35 problem, would have been given the compensation.

• Like 2

Flat out 10h sleepbonus as it is is not good enough Retrogarde.

Compensate us in premium marks that are the equivalent of 10 sleep powders instead. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, atazs said:

Flat out 10h sleepbonus as it is is not good enough Retrogarde.

Compensate us in premium marks that are the equivalent of 10 sleep powders instead. 

I'd prefer to keep this on track for the ERROR 35 compensation. If you'd like to discuss argue how to get the 10 hour sleep bonus (not affiliated to the ERROR 35 problem), then pls take it up in another thread. Appreciate the comment tho, just don't want to get this ERROR 35 problem bundled in with anything else atm.  Thx

Edited by Gumbo

YAY, with the downtime, we can all gather around and discuss how ERROR 35 prevented many users from playing the game for 4 days straight. Not only did we lose out on 4 days of paid permium per character, but we also lost out on 4 days worth of deed upkeep.

Neither of these things have been compensated, let alone mentioned by a staff member. I wonder why that is. Maybe if everyone asked why these ERROR 35 people aren't being compensated for their loss, then maybe something will be done about it. 

Thanks, and remember, if they will do this screwjob to the ERROR 35 people, they will do it to you. Time to stand up and be compensated for paid game time lost, caused by WURMs fault.

• Like 1

I'm still a little upset about being locked out those 4 days (on all clients/servers - there was no fix)  Totally know how you feel Gumbo.

Error 35 was swept under the rug and unaddressed and I was willing to live with that, but what does everyone who enjoyed a fantastic launch from day 1 need all this compensation for?

Edited by POM
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, POM said:

I'm still a little upset about being locked out those 4 days (on all clients/servers - there was no fix)  Totally know how you feel Gumbo.

Error 35 was swept under the rug and unaddressed and I was willing to live with that, but what does everyone who enjoyed a fantastic launch from day 1 need all this compensation for?

Yup,

Retro replying that the 10 hours IS OUR compensation is nothing but a slap in the face. Not only to us that suffered through it, but to all the player base here. It's becoming more and more obvious to others how matters are handled. They should not be happy about, knowing this could be them some day in the future.

Thanks for your reply and the support. Fingers crossed.

Oh no, you didnt get to play a game for 4 days. How did you ever survive? The sense of self entitlement in this thread is amusing! They are giving out 10 hours of SB. Be happy with it and stop crying. They are under no obligation to do that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gumbo said:

If you were, you'd only be giving the 10 hours of sleep, you know, to the ERROR 35 victims.

as said before, theres no way of knowing everyone who was effected, you'd only have a list of people who posted on the forums about it which is a small minority, and only giving bonuses to them wouldn't be fair to those who just waited for the game to work

you're really beating a dead horse about it lol

• Like 4

Code Club AB will continue to maintain and run the Wurm Online game service until such a time as it is deemed to be “out of publication.” This service maybe subjected to testing and maintenance outages from time to time. Code Club AB is not under any obligation to refund through any mechanism for game time lost through any “downtime” in the Wurm Online Service. Code Club AB may at its own discretion credit player accounts using the “Sleep Bonus” mechanism.

From the EULA which you agreed to when you created your account.

• Like 5

yikes.png

Let the dead horse die Gumbo

Edited by Radni
  • Like 4

Joke all you like.

We were prevented from playing for 4 days, yet charged to play for that time, despite most everyone else living it large with 30% bonus days. We also lost out on deed upkeep during that time, and up until now. 

This horse will not die. This is an injustice to the entire player base. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you. It's time for players to be compensated for time they paid for. DAYS went by. Days that I paid to have. Could you imagine renting a car for the weekend and them giving you the wrong keys to the car, but they still charge you, even tho you couldn't use the rental car?  This is a sickening attitude by the staff in their handling of the situation. It could and should have been resolved almost immediately. But instead we got ignored, brushed aside, now slapped in the face. It's time to come clean WURM staff. People are learning more and more about this every day. It's not a good look for a business to screw over it's own clients.

Edited by Gumbo

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

as said before, theres no way of knowing everyone who was effected, you'd only have a list of people who posted on the forums about it which is a small minority, and only giving bonuses to them wouldn't be fair to those who just waited for the game to work

you're really beating a dead horse about it lol

Yup, there it may be a small list, but it's still a list of people who paid WURM ONLINE money, but didn't get any service. That is not a good business model to follow. Now, if that is the way that WURM ONLINE wants to do business, then it's only proper for people to get that word out. Most people won't deal with a company that will so blatently screw over their own customers.

You opinion is valued, but you're falling for the dead horse trick. See, the staff here ignored the problem for months. This way folks like you see that it occurred months ago, and claim I'm beating a dead horse. You've fallen for their stall, delay tactic. They use it in the Insurance fraud business as well. They'd rather people die off, rather than pay the claim. 

If this ERROR 35 problem would have been addressed in a timely matter, and we had this conversation days after the problem occurred. You could never use this 'dead horse' routine. You have fallen for the scam my friend.

• Like 1

Insulting is useless to, but that doesn't seem to stop you. Hopefully a mod will be by to delete your insulting comment.

I can keep going with this. 4 days paid premium and upkeep stolen from me and others. And staff here doesn't seem to think that is a problem or compensatable. Well more and more are finding out about this. That will be the net result.

Edited by Gumbo

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Still waiting for a response Retro. You gonna continue to sweep this under the meditaion rug? More and more people are learning of this negative treatment you and other staff are committing against your own playerbase. It's not a good position for you to be in. I know I wouldn't want to be in charge of a situation where I had to screw over people who paid me money. But this is where we're at now, thanks to you.

Edited by Gumbo

what the .... is error 35?

dns issues?

you could have used vpn to get in instantly.. or used any of the dns fixes that were spreading around forum posts

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

what the .... is error 35?

dns issues?

you could have used vpn to get in instantly.. or used any of the dns fixes that were spreading around forum posts

Was only informed it was something on the Dev. side, and they had to fix it. Also that they didn't realize they had to fix it until much after the other problems were all fixed. When us ERROR 35 folks didn't come back and the problem persisted, the devs went into more action.  I and others tried the fixes, who said we didn't? They didn't work. Problem was on the coding side, is what I've been led to believe, from staff. So they took our money, but didn't give us the game.

Either way, all us ERROR 35 peole are gonna need to have this issue looked into more deeply. This 10 hours of sleep bonus that you're giving to everyone for the faulty launch, has nothing to do with us ERROR 35ers. I hope Retro and the rest of the staff will come to see this. It's only right for you to compensate us with something reasonable. We missed out on the 30% skilling bonus and affinity bonus times as well. The public eats this stuff up, and it's not a good look for WURM ONLINE. It would have been smarter to compensate right away, rather than let this situation linger. The public now knows of the incompetance and screw job, more and more.

1 hour ago, Ghengis said:

Code Club AB will continue to maintain and run the Wurm Online game service until such a time as it is deemed to be “out of publication.” This service maybe subjected to testing and maintenance outages from time to time. Code Club AB is not under any obligation to refund through any mechanism for game time lost through any “downtime” in the Wurm Online Service. Code Club AB may at its own discretion credit player accounts using the “Sleep Bonus” mechanism.

From the EULA which you agreed to when you created your account.

And just to quote you. This was not "downtime". The game was up and running. It's just a group of us were not able to access the running game, due to a dev. programming error. So not covered by that statement. The Wurm service was not down, the service was up. This is when discretion comes into play. IF staff here won't compensate the ERROR 35 people after looking into the situation more deeply. Then that is the kind of thing the rest of the playerbase should know. Things like this can frighten off potential new players as well. I hope WURM staff is aware of those repercussions as well.

While the error 35 issue certainly has been particularly painful for windows users, I want to comment on the "fantastic steam launch 4 days" for the rest.

I had a test character for NFI which succeeded to get past the tutorial, and have a glimpse at Harmony Bay, and that was all for day 1 after 4 hrs playtime and about 7-9hrs spent in total, as lag became unsustainable, crashes occurred, and relogs failed. This became slightly better during the following days once the login and tutorial servers were split. Still it was hard enough. The situation eased with the creation of Melody, and the subsequent measures and fixes. Yet, during the first week, "fantastic" playing was at least a mild exaggeration.

The problems were also felt on the old servers. The lag during the first 2 days extended to all of them due to the login server issues. On the subsequent days, several reboots per day also affected gameplay a lot, and lags were still felt painfully. Admittedly, it was possible to log in and to play, as error 35 did not occur on linux. But fully normal play was not possible either. Neither server crossing was anything close to being safe, nor was it mailing or other cross server and cross region activities. The shop was not accessible for some time in that period for a couple of reasons. Some players decided not to play at all for the rest of the week til the dust had settled.

Those are only some of the issues plagueing the whole community, not only those among the windows users (I experienced that not all of them had the error 35 problem). Even as far as that problem was particularly bad, it is hard to appraise who has been hit worst, and should be allowed to compensation above the 10hrs.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1