Sign in to follow this  
DzhoDzhok

Need help with tunneling from inside out

Good evening.
Need help creating an exit from the mine. I want to create a mine in the rock at an altitude of 100 units above sea level. Then lower the floor to -20 to pass the ships. And then punch the way out from the inside.

There are several questions.

• How does the game create an exit from the mine?
  • What height will it be if the height of the shaft covers several cells?
  • How do you make the exit the same height and level as the mine?

Middle of tile #2 - sea level.

I searched for answers in wurpedia, but I couldn't find anything suitable. I have no experience in creating mines. I attach pictures, how I want to do approximately.

w1.jpgw2.jpg

Edited by DzhoDzhok

Max slope for a mine entrance can be 100, with a door 90 (as per Sander in-game), and you're going to have to surface mine the border between 4 and 3 or 3 and 2 all the way down, flatten out the top and bottom nicely, and then mine outwards from the inside (lots of counting slopes there...)

If you want it to be 3 wide (max width of a mine entrance), you're also going to have to do the ones on either side, so check those first, in case you need to concrete something which won't work on a slope > 40.

So game doesn't create exit by herself? I must prepare both side of tunnel. But inside tunnel i can't check relative height to external tile. How can i make them same level?

When you mine a new tile inside the mine, the height of the new tile will be around 20 only. You need to mine up the ceiling after mining out the tile but it will not allow you to mine it higher than the rockface outside.

You will have mine tiles left of the tiles you numbered 2,3,4.

Then mining further you will open a tunnel entrance left to tile numbered 1, the entrance lower edge will flatten down to the lower corner and the top edge will also get flattened to the lower corner of it.

A mine entrance is always 1 tile high.

Only way to get a flat exit is mining from inside to out (if you mine from outside the entrance will always be down by 20 slope). You can either carefully count all the slopes on the borders following from outside to the inside tiles or if you surface mine down the outside corner to the desired height you can go a few slopes higher in the mine and it will connect down to the entrance level (for safety drop dirt to cover the tiles around the desired exit so only the exit tile is kept as rock, that way it won't accidentally open the tile above if you are a bit too high inside). After the tunnel opened you can level down the inside floors to the desired entrance level to be flat.

I would recommend to do a test run at a spot so you don't accidentally ruin the work you plan - or go to test serer for the same experiment.

Edited by Jaz

Can i do this:

• create tunnel 4 tiles above water
  • create a cave of the size I need
  • lowering floor of the cave to -20 water level
  • collapse the cave entrance
  • create new entrance on water level

?

This way i don't need to work with celling. As i understand i can only "mine upward around 31 times before it is too high to reach" (from wiki) without build a house. I will need to build second floor, dig celling again and repeat. If i start from the top all i need to do is dig down floor." (from wiki) without build a house, build second floor, mine celling again and repeat. If i start from the top all i need to do is mine down floor.