Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

More suggestions (part 5)

i just dont understand why you keep trying to change the game in such massive ways, after dozens of your suggestions.. it seems like you dont want to play this game at al, there is hundreds of us, if not thousands,  that extremely enjoy this game, most of your plans would deter every single of us

a massive -1 , not just this sugg, but to the average of all your suggs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

my idea doesn't punish them

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

they will be slowed down.

is that not a punishment

Why fix something that hasn’t been an issue ever? -1

This is Wurm. Not Skyrim 💁‍♂️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Darnok said:

unrealistic assumption that items are indestructible and can be repaired endlessly

You lost me right there.  Basic crafted items can indeed be repaired endlessly, sure, you reach a point where no part of the original remains but the object has existential continuity nonetheless.  I have tools in my shed that are generations old, and still perfectly functional (well, the handle on the scythe needs tightening) and are probably worth more now than they were new.  The best axe is the oldest one you can find.

20 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

You lost me right there.

He lost me when another of his fever dreams started with "Economy".

First of all, I'm a new player. I'm playing on Southern, and started 3 months ago. I'm no vet, I don't have ridiculously high skills, and I've spent about 10-12 hours a day in wurm, the ratio to my playtime. I must first say that this is an absolutely terrible solution. Wurm isn't about getting rich and becoming some tycoon with lots of money. What for? There is no more RMT, nothing you can do with piles and piles of money but buy useless shiny things like a supreme compass or own 20 deeds you don't have the time to give love to all on your own.  Wurm has something for everyone, making money is an offside - you only really need it to pay premium if you can't afford to spend 80 euro a year on a freemium game, and deed upkeep. Sure, you cant buy rare or supreme tools with no money, but it doesnt mean you can't make your own. You only need a bit of cash to kickstart your skilling with coc tools, and you can support yourself from there. I do jobs for cash, I get to meet people as I travel from place to place and make things to order for whatever quirky things people need. The best thing of all is, I'm getting paid to gain skills, on top of meeting people I can have a nice conversation with, and having an excuse to travel to see the world and what people have made. If not for the vets making HQL items, I would have to cough up a stupid sum just to be able to afford gear to ease my pain in trying to escape from toxic neighbors and move to a new server, or survive without vets around to smack around every troll I see. I wouldn't be able to afford a deed, or be free to play as I wish, or take breaks, without worrying about having to make money all the time. OBVIOUSLY, Wurm is NOT all about money. If that's what you prioritize in a game, go play EVE or something like that. Wurm is about being able to meet people, and put effort into things that you find rewarding. It could be the crazy skilling, or the terraforming, or even an obsessive collection of horses like I'm after. If you want punish and to make life harder for other people so yours can be easier, Wurm isn't somewhere you'll be happy. Neither is the real world.

PS, you can't build a colossus in a day. All the people who "can" spent ages getting their skills up to where this is even imaginably feasible. If you're not willing to put in the work yourself, then don't complain when you can't match up.

PSS, I love it here on Southern, if any other new players are reading this post, you might want to consider coming here and get away from all the perimeter wars and market salt on Northern. People here are less worried about profiting and have better community spirit, even if we don't live right next to each other.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eirwengale said:

Wurm isn't about getting rich and becoming some tycoon with lots of money. What for? There is no more RMT, nothing you can do with piles and piles of money but buy useless shiny things

I have some ideas on how a lot of money can be used, so if you have too much give me some.

If you spend as much time in the game as you say and have to pay for premium, you are doing something wrong. All these rules and the entire economy are used by veterans to get all the silver from average players and be able to play for free, and the noobs will pay their premiums and upkeeps and all with real money. But of course PvE is not a crazy race for resources and silver, as many have tried to convince me few days before 🙂

Don't get me wrong, the fact that the economy in a game is designed this way is not particularly anti/evil/or something, in the real world the economy works the same. All governments do is, by changing the rules and punish (take money, profits) from one group, and give/makes it easier to get larger profits to another group.
If the veterans are so great, let them pour real money in game little more, and the rules of the game should attract new players a little more, who by purchasing the first premium/deed/etc will sponsor new maps and servers and each of us will have more resources and choice.

Have a nice day everyone. Bye.

Edited by Darnok

14 hours ago, Darnok said:

A bit of consistency in your views please... in other threads you were convincing me that PvE is not a race, and here you try to convince me that in order to earn money, as a crafter I have to race with the best players...

As for punishing high skill players, my idea doesn't punish them, they will still be able to make 3 swords much faster and easier than a low skill player, but if they try to craft weapons on a large scale they will be slowed down.

So as a high level player you will have a choice either to create 3 high quality swords and earn a lot from them or try to compete with medium players and make 3x 50ql swords.

So that's not punishing them? 

And what if you are the sole weaponsmith in your kingdom and all you do is just make high ql weapons for your kingdom members and also spare ones to replace lost ones from PvP? 

And you also say "Oh if you are paying premium for this game with real life money you are a loser" is just wrong on so many levels.

I've been playing for 10 years and pay premium with real life money.

You know why? 

Because i want to support this damn game and the devs, and because i don't view this game as some competition and just play to have fun. 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

If the veterans are so great, let them pour real money in game little more, and the rules of the game should attract new players a little more, who by purchasing the first premium/deed/etc will sponsor new maps and servers and each of us will have more resources and choice.

There is already too much fisking in this and other topics, so I won't add to it. Just this sentence, though, is fairly densely packed with disagreeability (I may not have made up that word).  Make up your mind whether you think veterans should pay money into the game or not; you jump back on forth on that and I am getting a bit woozy.  Resources are simply not as limited as you portray and there is no race for them.  Subs etc fund ongoing development of the game which does include new maps and servers when appropriate but frequent new maps is not "development" and in fact is not necessarily a healthy or desirable phenomenon in a "slow burn", community content style game.  As a newish player, the best move I made was to join a large, old village on a small but established server.  We have no shortage of active players, no shortage of resources, no major problem with the economy that I can see (my premium pre-pay is steadily increasing as is my BoW account and I am purely doing piece-work and flogging off my completed projects).  As to choice, excluding Epic and Jackal for obvious reasons, there are something like a dozen servers/maps to choose from; there is no lack of choice.  I have a character on Cadence as well, and I simply don't know for what resources you are competing.  I sold my deed and my boat and have become a wanderer and I practically trip over resources of all sorts (I have genuinely stumbled into both a huge peat bog and a big tar bog due to autorunning while chatting).  I have even come across more than one openly available mine.  It seems like you are trying to fix things that aren't broken, solve things that aren't problems.  You seem to dislike the game's features.  That's fine, it isn't for everyone.  However, if does come across as if you are looking for a game that is not Wurm at an essential level, and making Wurm into not-Wurm is not the fix for that. 

• Like 1

Wouldnt hurt to try to improve the game at some points, i know can be slow and very long process. Some have patience and some dont. There are several ways to earn coins in the game, just have to check the forum and/or the trade chat to see what going on. Now for veteran players, they can spam and spam more to price cut off new players and that is going to hurt. So there only few ways to get around this issues, ignore the trade situations and dig into the grass like the old fashion ways. Some pay cash for coins and some dont. Personally i like to earn mine, but it does take time though.

I have seen alot of new players complaining about this, but this isnt Skyrim though or any like other MMOs.

41 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Resources are simply not as limited as you portray and there is no race for them.

I wish I had taken screenshots during the trip, but maybe I will go again to those places where I saw within an hour of trip 4-5 empty (1 tent and nothing else) deeds that were only used to occupy territory and resources. If your statement is true, why do people do this?

Stop beating a dead horse already, your not making yourself popular amongst the community.

I myself have lost all respect i had  for you previously.

Edited by Elwood2

if anything, a bunch of people despise him, even on global chat he comes up ..not in a great light tho

don't change something that doesn't need changing, one thing is to suggest little bits and fixes, other is to suggest changing practically the whole game

Its nice that for new players have the option to purchase the two months or one month and plus some coins, but still gotta find additional two extra silvers if you wanna deed a plot. But i have seen alot of players doesnt wanna pay anything on this game, so without being a member, cant deed anything or the skills is capped at 20. I saw a thread on Steam, it was under fire that alot of players doesnt wanna pay. But gotta understand that running these servers cost money and also need maint.

I do want to see some change in the game btw, its not just about economy either. The weapon requirements need to be rewritten as well, for example when the game first came out, new players shouldnt start out with a longsword a shield. Should have been short sword, beside you have a carving knife, wood cutting axe and a pickaxe and those can be use a weapon. Something like a longsword require some strength and balance, imagine a new player picked up a huge 2handed maul and there no way that rookie can handle that maul well. So gonna need more strength and body control handling different type of weapons. Same as bows too, start out with short, but not gonna do well with a regular bow or longbow, gonna need more strength to pull and body control for balance.

Edited by Wildelf

22 minutes ago, Elwood2 said:

Stop beating a dead horse already, your not making yourself popular amongst the community.

I myself have lost all respect i had  for you previously.

I am not interested in the community, I write about issues that are important in my opinion. Changing the texture on a wooden house is fun, but it won't attract new players and won't fix any problems the game has. If you say my ideas are bad or unnecessary, what's the problem? I do not forbid you to have your opinion on this subject.

The fact that in one thread the same people convincing a new player (me) that PvE is not a race, and in the other they cry when you want to introduce a solution that will limit the speed of their skill gain is pure hypocrisy.

11 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I am not interested in the community, I write about issues that are important in my opinion. Changing the texture on a wooden house is fun, but it won't attract new players and won't fix any problems the game has. If you say my ideas are bad or unnecessary, what's the problem? I do not forbid you to have your opinion on this subject.

The fact that in one thread the same people convincing a new player (me) that PvE is not a race, and in the other they cry when you want to introduce a solution that will limit the speed of their skill gain is pure hypocrisy.

you maybe should be interested in the community.....without good reputation its really hard to play wurm, and then i mean play it ingame and not here in forum as u do 

Suggestions aint only to attract new players it also is to give old players something imho

Why do you want to limit the speed  of skillgain? it takes year to get really high in skills as it is ...you dont want new player be able to get high skills or?

22 minutes ago, Darnok said:

"The fact that in one thread the same people convincing a new player (me) that PvE is not a race, and in the other they cry when you want to introduce a solution that will limit the speed of their skill gain is pure hypocrisy."

its not that we are not satisfied, the way you suggested changing pve sucks, also the way you suggested changing pvp .. sucks

the speed of the game is what it is, we keep telling you, the only one liking those suggestions, that we dont want such changes

Edited by Benalish

3 hours ago, Maiya said:

you maybe should be interested in the community.....without good reputation its really hard to play wurm, and then i mean play it ingame and not here in forum as u do 

Suggestions aint only to attract new players it also is to give old players something imho

Why do you want to limit the speed  of skillgain? it takes year to get really high in skills as it is ...you dont want new player be able to get high skills or?

All mmos are the same in terms of community. There are veterans who have been playing the game for several years and have created a safe haven in the virtual world so that they never have to grow up or deal with their everyday problems. The very fact that someone spends so many years playing the same thing makes their opinion against all new changes even if change is for better.

Which, of course, does not mean that every new change is a better solution (including my idea, some can be bad, some good), but you need to be able to see where the objectivity of a given person ends, and where the struggle with things to which this person is emotionally attached begins, or has simply developed reflexes making it easier to do some in game tasks.

I also do not understand the fact that supposedly there are adults here, and I do not see respect for other opinions. I am writing what I think is wrong and what I would prefer, you wrote that you think it is great in the way it is now, fine that is your opinion, the discussion ends at this point. Why do you and many other start the topic of my reputation? I absolutely need to change my mind and I must like the same things you like? This is supposed to be an adult approach to another human? Can't you stand the fact that someone who sees interesting gameplay differently will express their opinion on forum? Really?

On Cad I saw sale announcements of weapons and logs 90ql, Cad is not year old.

I want to slow down people who invest in just one skill and develop it so quickly that they are destroying all the fun of playing 90% of the server population. I wrote about why they destroy it in economics section. Everyone wants to be able to sell their products and the fact that someone who starts playing today won't be able to do so for a few weeks is not a good solution.

4 hours ago, Benalish said:

its not that we are not satisfied, the way you suggested changing pve sucks, also the way you suggested changing pvp .. sucks

the speed of the game is what it is, we keep telling you, the only one liking those suggestions, that we dont want such changes

Is skill leveling on PvP map at the same rate as on PvE maps?

Edited by Darnok

Just completely ignore my post and my points i made.

It's okay 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, atazs said:

Just completely ignore my post and my points i made.

Just like the answers to his own questions. Pick the lines and ignore the valid arguments. There is no discussion here, it's multiple monologues in one thread.

• Like 1

@Darnokits good that you want to suggest ideas to improve the game, but I would also suggest that maybe you should listen to the vets and maybe play the game some more to get a better understanding of wurm, which in turn would help you suggest better ideas.

Good luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darnok said:

I am not interested in the community

please save us all and just play Unlimited then

• Like 3

Like most have said it's clear you haven't put in enough time in the game for you to actually understand it through and through(Proven by the fact that you claimed you are at end game hunting level with the server you're playing on barely a year old).

I only started playing 3 or so years ago, half of that time I spent probably not even playing, I've always paid for my premium as that's my choice. I'm not a Vet of this game by any stretch, yet I've been able to get multiple skills to 90+ and have sold my ability to imp/create Tools/Armor/Shields in the past and up even in the last month. People have their go to smiths but at the end of the day if they aren't on and you post something in trade selling your skills it's pretty easy to get clientele.

If I put in the time to get my skills to X number, I should not be limited by the amount of Tools/Weapons/Armor sets I want to make, the only thing that should limit me is the orders I have or the time I want to put into it.

I'd recommend you actually play this game and get a skill to 90 before you claim that everyone that has 90+ skills need to be limited, judging by your previous suggestions it appears you've played even less then I first thought you have.

But hey, you'll probably look over this like you've looked over anyone that has a reasonable explanation on your posts. 

• Like 2