Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Rare and Enchant bonus - very confused!

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Faith_bonus#Deed_Faith_Bonus

So I am taking my new priest role seriously on Harmony and the bonus thing has me very confused and concerned.  If I am reading it correctly, we are penalized for having villagers?  All I can see if the devs forcing every priest account to go make their own deed for enchanting.  Why not just make a store purchase for "priest rare/enchant bonus subscription" and call it what it is?  You could charge 1s/month and problem solved.  It would reduce extra deeding and allow us to have all our villagers on our primary deeds, without a silly penalty.

If I am completely wrong, please someone explain this better so it makes sense?

Also.  Now with the new favor pool, did any devs look to make sure it isn't messing with the sacrifice for faith bonus mechanic?

it may be that recruiting or kicking ppl from village does nothing to the number but when sacrificing the bonus you get is based on that

It's a little misleading.

Say you sac a 60ql item when you're the only villager and for example it gives you 1% bonus. If you then sac the same item but with 10 villagers it would give you .5% bonus.

Essentially you get better value per item by yourself. The whole point though is if you have villagers , everyone will be contributing to the bonuses.

11 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i just kicked like 20 alts from my village and the numbers didn't change so that's outdated

templars count as citizens as well in this case unless changed.

Either way, isn't this just a faith bonus increase for priests? I think the only thing that matters is the enchant window.

Just now, warrior said:

It's a little misleading.

Say you sac a 60ql item when you're the only villager and for example it gives you 1% bonus. If you then sac the same item but with 10 villagers it would give you .5% bonus.

Essentially you get better value per item by yourself. The whole point though is if you have villagers , everyone will be contributing to the bonuses.

i wait for the day to see a village where everyone is contributing..usually is just the guy with the priest and if he's lucky someone else might have ropemaking , if extremely lucky someone else will do the farming  but everyone else just reap the benefits of the other's work.

• Like 1

the code for adding rarity bonus is 

v.setFaithCreate(v.getFaithCreateValue() + enchVal / 100000.0F);

has no reference to citizens. 

However, the code for displaying it does

.format(village.getFaithCreateBonus()) + "%, Rarity window: " + 
            (int)Math.min(10.0F, village.getFaithCreateValue()) + " bonus seconds\"}");
  public float getFaithCreateBonus() {
    return Math.min(30.0F, this.faithCreate / this.faithDivideVal);

this.faithDivideVal = Math.max(1.0F, Math.min(3.0F, ((getCitizens()).length - this.plan.getNumHiredGuards()) / 2.0F));

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
delet bad info
  • Like 2

The enchant bonus doesn't even do anything anyway if you have maxed out alignment and are casting near a decently high QL altar as those two factors alone are enough to max out the Enchant bonus formula to begin with. I mean the enchant bonus is a bit useful if you're out hunting and casting spells when you're not near a decent altar, but if you're actually enchanting items on deed near your favour stockpile? Complete waste of time beyond the 10s rarity window increase.

I’ve found that it takes a bit after removing people from the deed for the bonus to correct itself.

You can have up to 3 members in the deed without penalty.

I agree that this needs to change.

Aight yeah apparently mine didn't update till hours after i kicked all my alts out of the village

3 people in village, has been 3 people in village for hours

War (7.432833) damage: 4.955222% CR: 4.955222%, Healing (0.216979): 0.144652%, Enchanting (24.118933): 16.079288%, Rarity window: 10 bonus seconds

With 3 people, takes about 1.5 points for 1% of enchant bonus war bonus healing bonus etc

I had something like 20-25 people in the deed and it was 2.2% for damage/CR

Kicked 1 more person out, checked again an hour later

War (7.432833) damage: 7.432833% CR: 7.432833%, Healing (0.216979): 0.216979%, Enchanting (24.280273): 24.280273%, Rarity window: 10 bonus seconds

Now 1:1

Invited the third person back into the deed

War (7.432833) damage: 4.955222% CR: 4.955222%, Healing (0.216979): 0.144652%, Enchanting (24.280273): 16.18685%, Rarity window: 10 bonus seconds

Penalty starts at 3 people, deed with ~50 accounts in it is 3 points per 1%

Guess i've never had a deed with 2 people in it to notice how absurd the curve at the bototm is, once you get to like 10 people in the village you can add as many more as you want and it doesn't have a noticeable impact on it ( ~50 person village only takes 2x as much as the 3 person village for same bonus). Pretty lame tbh, 2 people is barely a village, especially with everyone rocking alts, shouldn't start till like 10 or so imho

Guess i gotta pick my favourite alt to keep in the village to max bonuses :(

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

Well crap.  I put a trader on my deed.  That means I get no villagers. This is a "pay to lose" scenario.  So the message is, don't buy traders or templars for your deeds.  They reduce your bonuses.  This is not good business.

Thank you Oblivion!  I am sad, but smarter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arronicus said:

The enchant bonus doesn't even do anything anyway if you have maxed out alignment and are casting near a decently high QL altar as those two factors alone are enough to max out the Enchant bonus formula to begin with. I mean the enchant bonus is a bit useful if you're out hunting and casting spells when you're not near a decent altar, but if you're actually enchanting items on deed near your favour stockpile? Complete waste of time beyond the 10s rarity window increase.

This is not quite true, the enchant bonus helps reduce the chance your bonus is above 70 especially with low religion skill.

The bonus is (alignment - 49 + deed bonus)*(1+armor bonus) + (Altar Bonus + faith bonus from 90+ faith) + religion check with 0 bonus at the same difficulty capped at 70.

The net result of this is that at 100 alignment with 30 deed bonus unarmored with a max altar bonus at 100 faith you can guarantee you have 70 as your bonus. (51+30)*(1.3)+(55 + 10) = 170.3 and the minimum the religion check can give is -100 leading to a value of 70.

With regards to the citizen limit I agree that 3 feels overly punitive, also if the pending favor gets frozen for a short time as has been stated then suddenly maintaining a higher enchant bonus becomes much less wasteful, I think this is a very good change as it makes enchant bonus more accessible.

I still think it's not nice that you get penalized  for sharing your deed.

• Like 6

The bonus should not be relevant to how many villagers you got. If I got 100 villagers, then the max bonus should be hit very quickly and stay capped. That is the bonus of having many villagers.

Working together and living together should be encouraged not dissuaded. Forcing the smith to make MORE work just to keep the war bonus for example is only going to discourage the smith from being in that village. Like said above, having the priest living alone for the enchant bonus is silly.

• Like 2

Would love for this to be looked at while QoL updates are being considered. 

• Like 1