Sign in to follow this  
Wyndolm

High Iron Fences under Arches

Can High Iron Fences be built under arch-type walls and if so which ones (any arch) ?

yes, can be built, under arched and double arched ones. Not sure about T arch.

To add that: If the structure, and the fence, are built in the wild, the fence is protected by the permissions of the building. That means that a fence or gate under the arch cannot be bashed where it could be in the wild.

Edited by Ekcin
addendum

And how do I do it? Because when I add the tile border under an arched wall to crafting window and use one of the tools hammer, trowel or mallet I never get the option for high iron fence types.

I tryed couple months back to build tall iron gate in arched wall ground floor and it would not work .

Was told it was removed...for some reason...

It doesn't work on the Northern Islands as it seems which is sad because it looks great.

2 hours ago, Wyndolm said:

Can High Iron Fences be built under arch-type walls and if so which ones (any arch) ?

I have build T-arch for my window on 2nd floor and then used high iron fence there too so it looks like this 

qSTT3MO.png

JhZEgdG.png

you see how it looks to the right of the highlated 

Edited by Maiya

think you need to build the fence(gate) first, than plan and build the wall-type.. unsure if it just allows you to build them bothways starting with either or there is only 1 order to get it done(not really building often) 

I have used this feature a lot in the last week on various floors and arches, including ground. I don't think it matters which server.

Build the arch first, single, left, right, or T-arch. Then have a  fencebar and brick of your choice in inventory, activate the trowel (not sure if a hammer works as well), r-click on the tile border under the arch and chose to build a fence. Watch events, you need to be sort of in the middle of the future fence, in other words, you cannot start it from 1 tile away, but you can finish it from 1 tile away.

It is possible that the crafting window does not work in this case, I still use the old fashion way of activating a tool and right clicking.

59 minutes ago, QueenRocks said:

It is possible that the crafting window does not work in this case, I still use the old fashion way of activating a tool and right clicking.

Yes thats it. I never use the old fashion way, at least not for building. Wasn't even aware that that would work.

High iron fence types can be built within the arches as described, by activating tool and right-clicking the tile border.  I have not seen it available in the crafting window.  As far as I know you cannot build any type of high iron fence gate within an arch; I never got the option to build a high fence gate.

2 minutes ago, Thalorane said:

High iron fence types can be built within the arches as described, by activating tool and right-clicking the tile border.  I have not seen it available in the crafting window.  

After you done it on tileborder you can add it to crafting window 

thatrs how i did it as window too 

1 hour ago, Maiya said:

After you done it on tileborder you can add it to crafting window 

thatrs how i did it as window too 

Yes; I agree, you can continue it in the crafting window but not start it there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ekcin said:

yes, can be built, under arched and double arched ones. Not sure about T arch.

To add that: If the structure, and the fence, are built in the wild, the fence is protected by the permissions of the building. That means that a fence or gate under the arch cannot be bashed where it could be in the wild.

Fences do not gain the house protection/permissions.

Fences can still be bashed out just like a regular fence when used in houses.

Tall iron fences can be added to all arches. you need to activate tool, right click border and start building the fence. It does not show up in the crafting ui. Tall iron Gates, can not be built in arches.

• Like 1

That's clever. I may have to borrow that for the second story of my castle. 

• Like 1

I can build a safety cage for my viewing tower, yay!

A bit of a bummer about the gates not going in arches, though.  My neon treehouse could use a bit of love, and I would like to fit one under my verandah.