Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

Traditional weapons

While playing Wurm time to time, i manage to get few weapons online, finally found a boar spear and almost like the long spear in the game. Its darker strong staff with black cold steel blade. Then i got a niffy very light weight long recurve bow, something about Kainokai, believe that is Japanese and very nice. Its 60" long, of course nothing compare that in the game, but loved it. I still have this old compound bow i had for years, didnt really like it due to weight and high tech. I perfer the old tradition ways.

95BOASK_o1ve-56.jpg

This guy is kinda funny, but explain about that spear i have. Its very sturdy compare than other one and heavier too. Some of those comments on youtube is funny about this guy. For example "Cowboy hat, multi cam, kilt, pointy stick. The hell are you from?"

Okay, move on to the recurve longbow i have here...

61k+4zvfxTL._AC_SX425_.jpg

This video from youtube is where i got this bow and the video is not quite like the one i have, but close. Really good bow btw, either one of them...

Would like to see some of you guys, if you carry any traditional weapons, like similar to the game itself. Please no firearms or something doesnt belong in here.

Thanks

Here a cute elf using that bow i have here...

81OCPAJormL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Wildelf

Here another bow i picked up from online, its a Mongolian Recurve Longbow, for horse archery and ground. This thing is strong and put punch a big hole. This one is 50lbs pull, very nice and not even heavy.

51c5Hy-Ux-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I tried looking up for some medieval longbow, but they arent cheap. Beside some were fake and collectible can be hard to come by.

• Like 1

That is a very good looking recurve.  Does it stack up quickly or is it more gradual?

My father had an old Thai ceremonial sword that my uncle was given when he lived in Bangkok (in 60s to early 70s).  The blade was never much to look at, but the carved timber hilt and scabbard were incredibly intricate.  I think one of my brothers has it now.

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

That is a very good looking recurve.  Does it stack up quickly or is it more gradual?

My father had an old Thai ceremonial sword that my uncle was given when he lived in Bangkok (in 60s to early 70s).  The blade was never much to look at, but the carved timber hilt and scabbard were incredibly intricate.  I think one of my brothers has it now.

I think its more gradual, when i got this bow, came in with protection gloves, etc. Wasnt bad deal and it was selling out fast cause USA wont be trading with China anymore. The bow string was already on there, pretty darn sturdy too. The other bow on top, you need to unstrung it, otherwise can wear down the bow. Kinda tricky putting the bow string on that bow and need to be pretty strong doing it, depending on the bow strength.

I wanted to see if i can find a real Japanese bow, they had some interesting bows back in those days. Now it is hard to find, except copy from China of course. I check the reviews and do some research before i buy it, otherwise ended up with fake and/or ###### lol.

Edited...

I just look through the stuffs came with that bow, had extra bow string and a harness that allow you to unstring the bow. Gotta really hard to do with that 50lbs, esp without breaking it. Like that furry ball things on the top and bottom of bow string. Sadly came off some furry little critter that the Chinese killed :(

Here the pic...

61XoZVfcFaL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

That one up there look slightly different due to recurve, but this one is the one i have. There a Hungarian recurve longbow, Flagella. Something i never heard of, by longbowmaker store, probably another Chinese copy. Though about grabbing that one too. But was looking for Japanese bows.

Edited by Wildelf

Here an interesting facts about longbow back in the old days...

https://archeryhistorian.com/japanese-bow-vs-english-longbow/

One thing that i could grab a Yumi, but kinda pricey and no telling if that thing is real or not, just too many Chinese copy going on. Chinese usually into numbers not really good into quality or good craftsmanship. So that is why there so many copied going on in the markets.

Just realize that this old compound bow i have here is called "Golden Eagle", its pretty heavy, but very accurate and good firepower. Noticed there some selling on ebay for 150+ USD. Not sure what the retail price would be. I didnt feel like take a pic of this bow, but found alot of images on google, this one below look just like mine here...

o_cfcb0aea8f18ea9c21b5f3a2335e4c39.jpg

Edited by Wildelf