Sign in to follow this  
Gunnbjorn

Convert Saddle Bags

Don't know anyone that uses these except for the look. The animal needing to be tame to access them pretty much makes them useless. 

Convert them (just change the name) to Saddle Packs equal to 2 backpacks and make the animal not ridable while wearing them, basically adding pack horses to the game.

Easy way to add function to something that is currently useless but already in game.

• Like 1

Branded creatures also allow access. 

Essentially it requires some form of overship of the creature to dictate ownership of the animal. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 3:51 PM, Retrograde said:

Branded creatures also allow access. 

Essentially it requires some form of overship of the creature to dictate ownership of the animal. 

Yes, but brand requires you to have a deed membership AND brand permissions on any server, if you don't have that you need to tame your animal every time you want to use the saddlebags.

I think the pack horses would be a nice idea, but I wouldn't like saddlebags to be removed.

• Like 1

they're changed on pvp and you need to have them tamed to access no matter what; branding isn't sufficient

unsure if you're on pvp but that might be why

5 hours ago, RainRain said:

they're changed on pvp and you need to have them tamed to access no matter what; branding isn't sufficient

unsure if you're on pvp but that might be why

Yes, horses are different beasts on PVP apparently.  Branding them in PVE shows them who's boss and then you can access that stuff all you want.  As Platyna says, though, it is subject to deed membership and permissions.

Panniers for pack-beasts would be different again.  Saddle bags are certainly useful, although there are limitations, so I wouldn't want to see them outright replaced.

The questions I guess are how panniers would function and whether they are needed, considering large carts.  I would say "yes" they are needed, because you would be leading a pack animal and therefore you could use pack animals for climbing mountains and fording canals, lagoons etc (assuming you have swimmy beasts).  Carts for settled land; packhorses for the frontier  🙂.  One would hope if you step off a precipice while leading an animal it stops you falling instead of following you to your death.