Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

pls close- FIXED - Barred wall seems to not be solid wall.

Barred walls are mentioned on wurmpedia, as not being solid for stairs/ramps.

Apparently, a barred wall is not solid enough to make a ramp off of it.

My friend tried to make a ramp from a barred wall down (from 2nd floor to ground floor), on her bridge making window, it had 'too weak', she could not plan the ramp.

So she bashed the barred wall and replaced it with a normal wall, she was able to make her ramp down.

So , suggest make entry on bridge making page (https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Bridge) to indicate that barred walls can not be used as solid walls for bridge/ramp tops. Her barred wall was plain barred wall.

Also, suggest change be added to 'barred wall' page (https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Plain_stone_barred_wall) to indicate that a barred wall can not be used as a solid wall to make a ramp top from it.

To assist players trying to put together buildings and ramps.

Thanks for you time.

Teeebomb

Edited by TeeeBOMB
fixed

It is already there:

You notice that there is not enough clearance for a bridge to be built here.

• Remove trees, houses, fences at both end tiles where the bridge should have enough drop off.
  • For bridges from a building, all walls under the bridge must be a solid wall type. Arched, windowed, barred, and doors will not provide enough support.

But I think might not be entirely accurate is the error message. I am pretty sure a message then is "W [or E] is too weak". Can you post the error you got while planning? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Platyna said:

"W [or E] is too weak".

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Dang I did read looking for that never saw it. But ya, she did not get an error messages in her event tab. Just when she tried to make the bridge it said it was too weak in the bridge making window.