Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/SEP/20 – Favor Sacrifice Rework

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

I was replying mostly to Etherdrifter's post, which seemed to imply that favor regeneration itself was nerfed at some point, which it was not.

Favor regen was nerfed.  Many of us use links for favor.  Links don't regen as fast now = nerf.

2 hours ago, warrior said:

Oh why we're at it, can we add 2 QoL updates?

- Allow 'get price' on items in an altar.

- Add 'get price' on a stack of items, which will give total favor for the whole stack.

can we get this?

• Like 4

Hopefully the 327th crittermovement fix will work :D

i do not understand the need for the favor sacking change, it will not impact the way I play my priests I think, but

15 sec sacking timer.

Thank you.

Fatigue kind of punishes new players like me who want to no life the game for a bit. 

Edited by DADLER

for all my ungratefulness about the bleeding favor pool, I should say thank you for the faster sac timer. That is helpful, as long as we remain tied to a system that requires sacrifice.  I personally have been casting all day, everyday, with links, trying to make it work without all the farm waste.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Creature spawning should now again be more distributed around the map

Doing my happy dance! 💃 Actually had mobs today! 😁

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

Normally, I am sympathetic to you, the devs, as you roll out changes, especially the controversial ones. I try my best to see both sides of the coin. But this time, the way this change has been communicated throughout the development process right up to release leaves me feeling that there is some ulterior motive for this change. Can you please explain the issue that this update is supposed to fix, and as well, how this change fixes the issue?

My thoughts as well.

Halving the saccing timer was a good idea, but the pending pool addition leaves me with a "meh" feeling. Was it needed? Why? As people have already tested, the numbers make it rather useless and wasteful. Tweaking those numbers should've been a thing for test server. From the feedback thread to release, in such a short time (in Wurm terms), it feels unneccessarily or even desperately rushed.

I mean, you've got reports that Holy Crop is bugged, but choosing to fix the unbroken things first is strange.

Below is just a conspiracy theory.

Spoiler

To ease the channeling grind, but why does it need easing? Why do we want new priests be able to reach high end casts faster? Hmmm.. anything to do with evening out the markets of north and south? Merge 2021 confirmed!

21 hours ago, Egard said:

Desert and Steppe look worse then they did before this update. 10/10 update removed the few mobs that were there now its even more barren. But dont worry the north coast will have 19537819571 mobs right. 

Northern Xanadu where I am is completely empty again, just like it was after the August 18 mob spawn patch.

15 hours ago, warrior said:

Oh why we're at it, can we add 2 QoL updates?

- Allow 'get price' on items in an altar.

- Add 'get price' on a stack of items, which will give total favor for the whole stack.

This!

As for the update itself, thanks for the sacrifice timer reduction. The pending favor pool is currently unusable due to insane decay. 

Also, not sure if this was intended, but it seems that you cannot add to your pending favor if you already have some pending. Additional sacrifices are completely lost.

1 hour ago, ianrose said:

This!

As for the update itself, thanks for the sacrifice timer reduction. The pending favor pool is currently unusable due to insane decay. 

Also, not sure if this was intended, but it seems that you cannot add to your pending favor if you already have some pending. Additional sacrifices are completely lost.

it was stated already if you have full favor and sacrifice  items they will go towards faith bonuses for the deed instead, the problem is with such a fast recharge time you can only use the pending pool completly then sacrifice some more.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:47 PM, Zekezor said:

Just make the potential favor start decaying after 1 min of normal favor being maxed.

That way people can keep grinding without annoyances since a failed cast remove a tiny bit of favor and thus give time to cast again without efficiency losses.

Yea, we have to get chance to spend our pending favor without decay, so it must be delay around 3 minutes to let us spend our maximum pending favor

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, Samool said:

As with all creature spawning changes, it will take some time for the spawns to happen. Creatures don't respawn during server restarts.

dont worry egard just a noob

23 hours ago, Thalorane said:

Northern Xanadu where I am is completely empty again, just like it was after the August 18 mob spawn patch.

Day two.  Northern Xanadu where I am (three deserts, large steppe, and forests) is largely empty of mobs.  The Get Info list is about 1/3 of what it was before update.

The favor  surplus does drain too fast to really use it , after 1 cast  its gone. I would love a 5 min timer then its all gone put that in the deed or give it to the Gods but we need a greater amount of time.

Maybe this has been said, but this is what happens when you have max favor and sacrifice:  [10:13:35] Vynora is surprised by your generous offerings.

It does not go into a pool.  It just goes away, or towards your enchanting bonus I'd guess, but no favor pool gain at all.

Today is a week since the update.  I haven't seen any other posts regarding mob spawns...  I posted several times about the mob spawn after the 8/18 update and don't know if it mattered one bit.

This is northern Xanadu, B20 and C20.  Three deserts, two steppes.  Before the update they had pretty decent spawns.  They have been almost completely empty of all mobs since the update, only 3-4 hyenas, a couple mountain lions, and rarely a scorpion or huge spider.  Maybe I've missed spawns but I've checked in the mornings and afternoons EST and there have been no mob corpses either.  It was the same after the 8/18 update, and spawn returned after the update was reverted.  I found a small pocket of scorpions and spiders Saturday on Release shortly before the public dragon slaying, but almost nothing else.  I hunted for about 8 hours yesterday, on south Exodus, south Release, and here on Xanadu extending out far into the surrounding forests.  Very disappointed and am hoping this is temporary.

5 screenshots taken over the past few minutes:

Spoiler

dwRVYpo.jpg

fABANna.jpg

RlSeglA.jpg

opxJrzt.jpg

zWzvm44.jpg

Edited by Thalorane

We're going to continue working through it, the first lot of tweaks were far too aggressive, and we took a bigger step in the second lot. 

We have heatmaps of creatures and can view spawn rates, but I will say deserts don't instantly mean more mobs, just more visibility. Lots of people hunt them and respawning doesn't guarantee spawning in the same place

• Like 3

But don't crocs/scorps tend to spawn more on the desert, as on chaos I was always to pretty much rely on going to any desert for scorp/crocs

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

But don't crocs/scorps tend to spawn more on the desert, as on chaos I was always to pretty much rely on going to any desert for scorp/crocs

Biomes/tile types do affect what can spawn, but as far as I'm aware (been a while since i was explained the spawn code in crayons) It picks a tile THEN picks what can spawn based on what the type of the tile is 

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We're going to continue working through it, the first lot of tweaks were far too aggressive, and we took a bigger step in the second lot. 

We have heatmaps of creatures and can view spawn rates, but I will say deserts don't instantly mean more mobs, just more visibility. Lots of people hunt them and respawning doesn't guarantee spawning in the same place

So what you’re saying is, turn the whole map into a desert. :) 

On 10/5/2020 at 3:14 PM, LionIX said:

So what you’re saying is, turn the whole map into a desert. :) 

I've always found way better hunting in forest 🤪  Less visibility so there is less chance that others will have charged around to kill mobs more than a few tiles off the roads/paths...

Local 'Get Info' is showing mobs down by about a quarter ( 250 to 190 ).. This is lowest number I have seen for that particular spot since I started about 5 years ago, the peak being over 500 back in 2015.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:07 PM, Retrograde said:

Biomes/tile types do affect what can spawn, but as far as I'm aware (been a while since i was explained the spawn code in crayons) It picks a tile THEN picks what can spawn based on what the type of the tile is 

Do you have a link to the post that had that explanation? I half remember having a feeling that having a mix of biomes/tiles types in an area had quite an effect, more so than vast desert/steppe area some people seem to like to create.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:10 PM, Ostentatio said:

Regarding the "pending favor" change:

• We'll be making some tweaks to how Favor in the overflow pool decays when your Favor is full. This mechanic is intended to prevent people using it for long-term storage or as an alternative to gems, but we agree that currently it is far too harsh a penalty and makes it difficult to use for its intended purpose. We introduced the feature knowing that some tweaks may be necessary to get it to a point where it feels right, and will be making changes to that effect.
    • The pool will drain significantly more slowly when Favor is full.
    • There will be a delay between adding pending Favor to the pool and the pool decaying, so you will no longer start losing Favor from the overflow pool immediately. This delay will not apply to actually adding Favor from the pool, only to the decay applied when your Favor is already full.
  • Overflowing your Favor by sacrificing animals will also add to the pending Favor pool, in addition to sacrificing items at altars.

Any timeframe for this? I was sure it will hit us soon its a bit over a week now and it looks like a highly request to "finish" the favor changes to make them work as intendet.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, DevBlog said:

You may view your current amount of pending Favor by hovering over the status effect icon with the mouse.

where is this icon? I don't see any new icon appearing when I sac to much?

the update is later today Killer, it isnt activated yet - actually status effects icon is in Hud settings so need that activated

Edited by Rhianna

Sign in to follow this