Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/SEP/20 – Favor Sacrifice Rework

Okay.. I guess. I didn't realize that favor and sacrificing was really even an issue. I don't see many complain about it. Kind of an odd area to focus in on with all the other opportunities out there. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

why? if you wanted more favor from a gem after using it and maxing out you'd just use it again after spending favor, that's not a good change lol

this

this pending favor system seems completely and utterly unnecessary, if i'm honest, as Polk said.

If it really was a huge issue, why didnt you just reduce saccing timer to 15 seconds and leave it there? Now it looks like there is just a mountain more work for a system that addresses a super minute problem with public disinterest.

Edited by Morathi
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

• The pool will drain significantly more slowly when Favor is full.

Doesn't the pool drain only when your favor is full?  Was the intent with this sentence to be simply

"The pool will drain significantly more slowly"?

Or does this mean the drain rate will be related to the amount of excess pool you have at the moment?  So for example +50 bonus pool will have a different drain rate than +350?

Why drain at all when doing channeling grind? Multiple suggestions on ways to limit abuse (make it only drain on certain conditions). You trashed the channeling grind (other devs) and now are stepping back with an “improvement” that barely improves anything. 

Honestly; the best solution would be to just to remove drain entirely.

It's not going to offset the advantage gained over YEARS in the old servers, however it is going to be less of a kick in the teeth than the numerous ones we've had over the years.

What am I going to do with 500 fast regenerating favour; take over the world?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Regarding the "pending favor" change:

• Overflowing your Favor by sacrificing animals or using vesseled gems will also add to the pending Favor pool, in addition to sacrificing items at altars.

wtf no

dont mess up the gems

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:
  • Overflowing your Favor by sacrificing animals or using vesseled gems will also add to the pending Favor pool, in addition to sacrificing items at altars.

What? No? Don't do that, please.

That's a terrible idea, if I suck a high ql gem to top up my favor bar, I don't want the entire gem being used up only to decay away.

• Like 4

Yeah, the point being made about gems is my mistake; it would never go into the overflow pool since it won't give you more than you need anyway. Will edit that out of the post.

• Like 1

I don't see why favor really needed a change it was fine. If it was more of a QoL thing, then just simply set it to regain favor every second or two seconds as opposed to every 5 seconds and double the favor regain..?

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: You can now portal to Defiance directly from the portal on the tutorial server

Late

Welp, I changed my mind.  New system is just sad.  So disappointed in our dev team.  If even looking for a job, be sure NOT to list this as one of your accomplishments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:
  • Natural favor regeneration has not been changed with this update.

I'm not sure if this was referred to some of the things we listed as problems/cons of the new system

But, we never implied that favor regen was reduced in general, we just meant that if you are going to overflow with hundreds of favor, you never really get the chance to be at 0 favor while you are sacrificing, which is where you get the 10 points free-favor regen which is what allows you to get back at 50 favor from 0 by sacrificing just 40 favor worth of items.
This is how the favor regenerations "gets lost" , even though it wasn't changed, trying to use the new system in a meaningful way, will prevent you to get in the 10-free-favor zone, which by itself is already a good reason to avoid using the new system entirely

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maiya said:

I did one update 

it said server was still off line

then after it say retry update 

and I get this 

uWXCwyu.png

What to do?

Same here !  Please help ! 

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

• Natural favor regeneration has not been changed with this update. Due to some lag compensation related issues in the code, there may have been a temporary period where people on some servers were actually experiencing higher than normal Favor regeneration, so some people seem to have gotten the impression that the natural Favor gain rate was lowered at some point. It was not; there was just a short period recently, for maybe 2 or 3 days, when it was too fast on some servers.
  • We'll be making some tweaks to how Favor in the overflow pool decays when your Favor is full. This mechanic is intended to prevent people using it for long-term storage or as an alternative to gems, but we agree that currently it is far too harsh a penalty and makes it difficult to use for its intended purpose. We introduced the feature knowing that some tweaks may be necessary to get it to a point where it feels right, and will be making changes to that effect.
    • There will be a delay between adding pending Favor to the pool and the pool decaying, so you will no longer start losing Favor from the overflow pool immediately. This delay will not apply to actually adding Favor from the pool, only to the decay applied when your Favor is already full.
  • Overflowing your Favor by sacrificing animals will also add to the pending Favor pool, in addition to sacrificing items at altars.

Wait, are you saying the update we just got is getting updated again to fix it and make it useful, so we aren't just wasting favor every time we add into the pool?

8 minutes ago, Amirius said:

Same here !  Please help ! 

check this post if u still got problem 

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Changes to item sacrificing:
    • Change: The time required to sacrifice at an altar has been cut in half, from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
      Change: When sacrificing items, any Favor that would overfill your current Favor bar will instead be added as pending Favor, which you will receive gradually over time.
    • Pending favor will still drain when your Favor bar is full but at a much slower rate.

just tested that "pending" favour and its absolute garbage.. mainly - you loose way too much favour if you want to sac 600 worth of favour at once for your casts..

the only good thing is that the favour is still instant up to your initial max when saccing and the saccing timer is 15s now. thanks for that i guess, so we can all use the OG system by calculating how much is needed to sac for every cast

Edited by Skatyna

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

• Natural favor regeneration has not been changed with this update. Due to some lag compensation related issues in the code, there may have been a temporary period where people on some servers were actually experiencing higher than normal Favor regeneration, so some people seem to have gotten the impression that the natural Favor gain rate was lowered at some point. It was not; there was just a short period recently, for maybe 2 or 3 days, when it was too fast on some servers.
  • We'll be making some tweaks to how Favor in the overflow pool decays when your Favor is full. This mechanic is intended to prevent people using it for long-term storage or as an alternative to gems, but we agree that currently it is far too harsh a penalty and makes it difficult to use for its intended purpose. We introduced the feature knowing that some tweaks may be necessary to get it to a point where it feels right, and will be making changes to that effect.
    • There will be a delay between adding pending Favor to the pool and the pool decaying, so you will no longer start losing Favor from the overflow pool immediately. This delay will not apply to actually adding Favor from the pool, only to the decay applied when your Favor is already full.
  • Overflowing your Favor by sacrificing animals will also add to the pending Favor pool, in addition to sacrificing items at altars.

I know im being "that guy" but wouldnt even just 24 hrs on the test server had yielded the information needed to make these changes before going live?  Please consider using the test servers more.

That said halfing the sacrafice timer alone makes this a positive change so ill say good job...mostly.

• Like 2

Oh why we're at it, can we add 2 QoL updates?

- Allow 'get price' on items in an altar.

- Add 'get price' on a stack of items, which will give total favor for the whole stack.

Edited by warrior
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

why not simply giving 10 minutes decay delay and after that the favour pool is instantly decayed. That will allow ppl who grind to use it efficiently without a loss and will also prevent a huge storage for pvp priests to carry into battle, so the gems stay valuable. 

10 minutes as 600 favour makes 20 casts for 30 favour at 30 sec timer. that's exactly 10 minutes and those are the spells ppl grind channelling on give or take...

Edited by Skatyna

Thanks for listening to the all of us that said that non-overfill favor should be added as it was before. That saved this from being a huge nerf and all around s***show.

Currently the overfill mechanic is completely useless and pointless, at least for PvE. It sounds like with the proposed balance changes it could be marginally useful, at least from a QoL point of view of not having to calculate favor exactly (meaning non-bsb items are more relevant). That's good at least.

If you knew this needed balancing and you had a proposed fix ready this fast after getting feedback then why on earth didn't you put it on the test server first like *everyone* requested in the announcement thread..

The point still remains. Reduced sacrifice timer is a very small buff (at least for priests without links). The favor overfill is a nice quality-of-life improvement, but hardly a buff in the grand scheme of things.

This does not in any way balance the nerfs to linking that was done earlier. I hope you will consider mechanic changes that actually buff priest skill gains (and more quality-of-life improvements will be welcome too of course).

• Like 1

I'm confused!

Why is everyone ragging on this update? This is about as good as we were ever going to get it.

1: Effectively they gave us 15 second sacrifice actions.

2: Some overage is now recouped instead of wasted.

**Storing in the pool is basically not useful due to losses, but so what. This is still an improvement. A nice step forward.

• Cat 1

Unsure what to think of this, other than the fact that time should have been better spent on something more useful and needed

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davih said:

I'm not sure if this was referred to some of the things we listed as problems/cons of the new system

But, we never implied that favor regen was reduced in general, we just meant that if you are going to overflow with hundreds of favor, you never really get the chance to be at 0 favor while you are sacrificing, which is where you get the 10 points free-favor regen which is what allows you to get back at 50 favor from 0 by sacrificing just 40 favor worth of items.
This is how the favor regenerations "gets lost" , even though it wasn't changed, trying to use the new system in a meaningful way, will prevent you to get in the 10-free-favor zone, which by itself is already a good reason to avoid using the new system entirely

I was replying mostly to Etherdrifter's post, which seemed to imply that favor regeneration itself was nerfed at some point, which it was not.

4 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

I was replying mostly to Etherdrifter's post, which seemed to imply that favor regeneration itself was nerfed at some point, which it was not.

Glad to hear that issue is fixed; not that I notice these days since I rarely do any casts!

Really only impacts point (d) of my post of course; the rest still stands rather well.

Sign in to follow this