Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/SEP/20 – Favor Sacrifice Rework

PatchNotes-1-1.jpg
  • Changes to item sacrificing:
    • Change: The time required to sacrifice at an altar has been cut in half, from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
      Change: When sacrificing items, any Favor that would overfill your current Favor bar will instead be added as pending Favor, which you will receive gradually over time.
    • Pending favor will still drain when your Favor bar is full but at a much slower rate.
    • Sacrificing items when your Favor bar is full will still result in gaining deed bonuses instead of Favor (or pending Favor).
    • Your total amount of pending Favor is equal to five times your current Faith.
    • You may view your current amount of pending Favor by hovering over the status effect icon with the mouse.
  • Change: You can now portal to Defiance directly from the portal on the tutorial server
  • Change: Creature spawning should now again be more distributed around the map
  • Change: Defiance’s creature caps have been increased
  • Change: Killing bred and zombie creatures no longer increases Bloodthirst’s power
  • Change: Enabled back fatigue on Northern Freedom Isles servers – this was disabled temporarily since their launch
  • Bugfix: King’s coffers on Northern Freedom Isles should again function properly (and give out rare coins during foraging and other actions)
  • Bugfix: Fixed Valrei mission items spawning in predictable places in certain cases
  • Bugfix: You can no longer sacrifice an animal while it’s being led by someone else
  • Bugfix: Fixed a permission issue making the “Drink” action on water containers use the take item permissions
  • Bugfix (PvP): Battle camps can no longer spawn on cave openings or mine doors
  • Like 1

Change: When sacrificing items

So, this doesn't work with sacrificing mobs? Because it seems like a nice thing - coming back with 500 PFavor after a good hunt.

Edited by Vessel

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Enabled back fatigue on Northern Freedom Isles servers – this was disabled temporarily since their launch

Why? don't you wanna give the any new players that wanna play this game same footing space so they can chose if they wanna no-life their first 2 months like everyone else before they find out about the game?

you obviously saw fatigue as an issue for people on new servers since you removed it for a few months so why is it just not completely removed entirely

are you that afraid of having to rewrite your garbage anti-macro rolf made like 15 years ago

• Like 7

I did one update 

it said server was still off line

then after it say retry update 

and I get this 

uWXCwyu.png

What to do?

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

• Change: Creature spawning should now again be more distributed around the map
  • Change: Defiance’s creature caps have been increased

Desert and Steppe look worse then they did before this update. 10/10 update removed the few mobs that were there now its even more barren. But dont worry the north coast will have 19537819571 mobs right. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

7 minutes ago, Egard said:

Desert and Steppe look worse then they did before this update. 10/10 update removed the few mobs that were there now its even more barren. But dont worry the north coast will have 19537819571 mobs right. 

Not true, I've attached a picture of the mobs I've seen below:

• Like 3

FYI I just tested the bonus favor to see how quickly it degenerates.  50 bonus favor was gone in about 4 minutes.  50/4 = 12.5/min.  It also continues to degenerate while casting.  This results in the loss of about 6.25 favor for every 30s cast.  For completeness, sucking a gem while not at max favor did not put me over my max.  It only used the amount of the gem to get me to my normal max.

TLDR: New system is extremely inefficient, and I personally won't use it at all.

Edited by bregga
  • Like 3

As with all creature spawning changes, it will take some time for the spawns to happen. Creatures don't respawn during server restarts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Samool said:

As with all creature spawning changes, it will take some time for the spawns to happen. Creatures don't respawn during server restarts.

can't we get a forced creature respawn? like every creature that is not on a deed should just be deleted on restart and then slowly respawn after.

the main problem we have right now are mines and creatures stuck in them

4 minutes ago, Samool said:

Whats the creature count now after the changes because this hasnt changed :

aFuMO8T.png

• Like 1

the passive drain for favor is way too much, can it be made so it ticks once every min with a higher cost? loosing that much faith for every time  you fill up and do a cast is really bad.

also it seems you really have to be ready on for casting, as the bar refills way too fast and then goes back to wasting favor by the time you cast again.. really broken implementation of the idea you guys have managed to do...

Edited by viruskiller
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Maiya said:

I did one update 

it said server was still off line

then after it say retry update 

and I get this 

uWXCwyu.png

What to do?

Any help for this ??????

Here's my feedback on favor rework:

The 15 second sacrifice timer is nice, it was long overdue, and thanks for finally doing it.

The "excess storage" is pretty pointless to be honest, it degenetes so quickly that it cannot be used efficiently, or at least on purpose.

Limiting to 5x your favor could make sense if it didn't degenerate, degenration would make a bit more sense if there was no cap to stored favor. even though it would still be a pretty heavy tax

Both things at once kinda seem like overkill

To be honest, i would have been happier with just a 10 secs sacrificing timer and no "exceeding storage". At least it shouldn't go down while you are casting a spell. 20 secs are a lot, add a failed one and you already lost like 10-15 favor without accomplishing anything, it's very wasteful and i probably would never consider to use it.

Also the "gradual refilling" doesn't allow for constant casting 50-spells even if you accept to waste that favor , which piles up on an already low-convenience mechanic

Edited by Davih
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, viruskiller said:

the passive drain for favor is way too much, can it be made so it ticks once every min with a higher cost? loosing that much faith for every time  you fill up and do a cast is really bad.

The best solution for this is to make it so you DON'T degenerate favor while casting.  This will negate the drawback for it's intended use of channel grinding while still keeping it useless for building up favor for PVP encounters.

• Like 6

“we've decided to give some further details before it goes live:“

(on locked feedback thread)

12 hours before it went live...

Edited by LionIX
  • Like 3

i think the excess storage idea would be good if you didnt have favor being wasted during the cast time. its going to cost more favor to grind if anyone uses the extra storage. with how hard it is to make good door locks or square pieces of cloth rn i dont see any reason for people to use it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bregga said:

The best solution for this is to make it so you DON'T degenerate favor while casting.  This will negate the drawback for it's intended use of channel grinding while still keeping it useless for building up favor for PVP encounters.

this!

5 minutes ago, bregga said:

Yes, this

i think it only needs to be made so you only loose favor  after 60 sec of no casting, this timer should only be reset by casts of 30+ favor

• Like 2

Just make it drain quickly if you embark. Have no drain if on foot. Would that solve most of the PvP usage issues but remove the losses for casting grind?

• Like 1

Maybe change it so it works like sleep bonus. After 5 min of inactivity you get an orange notification that you will start losing favor from pool.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LionIX said:

Just make it drain quickly if you embark. Have no drain if on foot. Would that solve most of the PvP usage issues but remove the losses for casting grind?

well it will kinda make priests op for defensive purposes.  i think in the end is the same old "fredomer's suffer for PVP's sake" story i've known since 8 years of playing..and all for the stuborness of not making an exception for PVE..like there are already for many of libila's spells, stealing and other stuff.

1 minute ago, viruskiller said:

well it will kinda make priests op for defensive purposes.  i think in the end is the same old "fredomer's suffer for PVP's sake" story i've known since 8 years of playing..and all for the stuborness of not making an exception for PVE..like there are already for many of libila's spells, stealing and other stuff.

There are already resistance to healing/repeated damage spells. There are also cooldown on repeat casting, is it really all that overpowered? (or can those be tweaked?)

6 minutes ago, viruskiller said:

i think it only needs to be made so you only loose favor  after 60 sec of no casting, this timer should only be reset by casts of 30+ favor

Actually, this

If this works well for pvp abuse-issues , it's probably the best solution so far

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this