Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Questions about the new Favor Regen system

I would like to ask a few questions towards the devs regarding the new favor regen system being added. The thread about it has been closed so, Forum Mods, please put this thread where you think it should go. Sorry if some of the questions have been answered elsewhere.

1. What will determine the maximum amount of favor allowed in the pool?

2. What happens to any excess favor sacrificed above the maximum cap?

3. Approximately how large will the excess pool be?

4. For channel grinding, many people use a linked priest (or 2) for a consistent flow of favor by having the linked priests sac while the main casts. Has this been taken into account when considering how this will be balanced?

5. Will this increase the rate at which channeling can be raised? 

6. Will this increase the rate at which higher casts can be produced? If so, is there any consideration as to countering that in someway.

Sorry for all the questions but I think things need to be cleared up before I can get behind this change.

A Concerned Wurmian

I also would like to know what the max overflow pool will be and if we can see it.  From the way it was described to actually get the best benefit you will need to stay right near that cap so we are still looking to sacrifice to hit a specific goal just now it might be an invisible pool we are guessing at.

Also, what happens to boosting a deed's bonus with over sacing is that something a priest can no longer do? Or do they only do that if they sac over this hidden pool.  How long does the pool stick around does it decay? Can I get full favor and full pool and then just use it when I want?

You can't draw from it while in combat but how long outside combat before it starts generating? What is the rate at which you get this bonus favor? I don't pvp but what is to stop someone from maxing out their pool then breaking away from an engagement and getting favor back rapidly.  Or since we get the instant favor is this a very slow trickle?  If it isn't a rapid flow, IE >100 per 30 seconds then it it won't really reduce the need for sacrificing.  

I'm glad there are some details and it doesn't sound like a huge nerf now and could be useful but hard to tell with out more details.  At the very least it doesn't "look" like it makes it worse.  I guess we will have to wait and hope it's a net gain and there aren't any other hidden nerfs associated with it. 

edit: durn typos

Edited by Eleraan

I don't think any of this will be answered here until after they announce what the new system will be.  It is still unknown to everyone - on purpose.

The pool will be faith x 5

it regenerates as bonus per faith tick, the same as the system shared originally, with the major change being that sacrificing as normal will fill your favor first before filling the favor pool. 

2 hours ago, Eleraan said:

Also, what happens to boosting a deed's bonus with over sacing is that something a priest can no longer do? Or do they only do that if they sac over this hidden pool.  How long does the pool stick around does it decay? Can I get full favor and full pool and then just use it when I want?

As the existing system it decays slowly if you are at maximum favor. If you are at full favour when you sacrifice it will go to deed bonus (as per usual) 

There's a lot more questions around it so I do understand some confusion, but the end result of the system is that if you choose to continue as normal nothing changes, if you use this system you can stock up on favor to receive per favor tick. 

This system addresses the issues raised with the original system (having to wait for favor after first sacrifice, sacrificing issues, combat balance) but still achieves the goal of removing reliance on batteries needing to slowly regenerate favour to power level. All will be shared in the patch notes. 

I recognized that favor regen has been badly crippled in a stealth nerf. Is that in preparation of the new system so that we may expect not much better than the original favor regen?

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

I recognized that favor regen has been badly crippled in a stealth nerf. Is that in preparation of the new system so that we may expect not much better than the original favor regen?

It has not been touched. 

What was changed was how the server handled catch up lag, which may have affected it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! There was a change suggested on being able to get price the total favor in an sltar before sacraficing. Now that we will be sacraficing large sums. Up to 600 to cap out all favor it would be a huge qol change.

Edited patch notes out answered my question.

Edited by Eleraan

Thanks for the answers! Reduced sac timer is great (I know some wished more, but we always wish more 😎 ). Granted that the buffer may be useful, still I find the decay rate too much, and maybe well meant but disappointing. I had expected decay within hours, or worst ten or fifteen minutes range, not couple of seconds. Practice will show, and consider further tweaking.

Edited by Ekcin
typo/grammar