Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

Question to the peeps: What would you want to see more level to ground(dirt pile) or level to wagon/cart?

Well?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. level to ground or level to wagon/cart

• level to ground
    • level to wagon/cart
    • Don't really care
    • Eww terraforming
    • Wait we can level?
    • if on ground, level to ground. If in a cart, level to cart
    • level/dig to a container on the same tile

As the title states what would you want to see more in the game level to ground(dirt piles like digging to ground) or straight up level to wagon/cart

Note to gm's this is not a suggestion this is me wanting to know the opinion of the wurm community on what they would like my suggestion about this topic has been made 6+ times in the suggestion section over the years

Edited by wipeout

if on ground, level to ground.  If in a cart, level to cart.  Can't vote because I want both equally as much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wurmhole said:

if on ground, level to ground.  If in a cart, level to cart.  Can't vote because I want both equally as much.

il add that

• Like 1

I am 50/50 on this one

since the mechanic can get really abused with afking, the state it is in right now shouldn't be changed in my opinion, i know a lot of people would like to have a level to storage option, some have much much more massive projects than i do.

but it could be implemented if they shortened the time you can level, as it is rn you can do leveling for a long time if you drop all the accumulated dirt/sand in your inv

a shorter timer + leveling to ground would be a +1

6 minutes ago, Benalish said:

I am 50/50 on this one

since the mechanic can get really abused with afking, the state it is in right now shouldn't be changed in my opinion, i know a lot of people would like to have a level to storage option, some have much much more massive projects than i do.

but it could be implemented if they shortened the time you can level, as it is rn you can do leveling for a long time if you drop all the accumulated dirt/sand in your inv

a shorter timer + leveling to ground would be a +1

but is afk leveling such an thing that can be "abused"? right now i can hold 20 dirt in my inventory at one time i can do this twice before i run out of stamina before reaching the 3rd full inventory for me personally something like this would remove 2 clicks and 2 times moving the mouse from inventory a few pixels over to crate but for those who hold less dirt(and thus have less stamina) would have a similar thing happen anyway say 6 dirt in inventory they might be able to do that 2-3 times before they run out of stam as well
So increasing the stamina needed for leveling would only hurt those with low stamina vs those with 50-60-70+ stam anyway i myself am at 56 stamina atm but my alt who i normally use next to me leveling(he levels too) can go 2-3 times running out of stam before i run out of stam

And hey right now level is afkable anyway ;)

I would like to see levelling to anything but my inventory. I would add another option to the poll: level/dig to a container on the same tile - while digging while driving a cart looks a bit absurd, digging to a container is absolutely normal IRL. 

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

I would like to see levelling to anything but my inventory. I would add another option to the poll: level/dig to a container on the same tile - while digging while driving a cart looks a bit absurd, digging to a container is absolutely normal IRL. 

Added that option too

3 hours ago, wipeout said:

Added that option too

Is there an option to change the vote in WO forums polls? :D Because I can't switch my vote now. :)

9 hours ago, Platyna said:

Is there an option to change the vote in WO forums polls? :D Because I can't switch my vote now. :)

I wish i cant reorder them nor if i enable multi vote can people vote multiple times :( its a silly voting thing

I would like to see it to/from a container IN a cart.  🙂

Serously, imagine what Wurm trousers must look like with those pockets!

Levelling with a dredge levels to the boat, so why not give an option to level to cart.

I don't like the idea of any form of "dig to ridden vehicle" besides boats of course. We don't dig from a large cart/wagon, and I find the mechanic a silly idea.
However, a "dig to small cart" would make sense to me, as we're 2 feet on the floor as-is and it's not much different than the "dig to pile" already and is instead a "dig to container" in which you're actively dragging.

7 minutes ago, Zera said:

I don't like the idea of any form of "dig to ridden vehicle" besides boats of course. We don't dig from a large cart/wagon, and I find the mechanic a silly idea.
However, a "dig to small cart" would make sense to me, as we're 2 feet on the floor as-is and it's not much different than the "dig to pile" already and is instead a "dig to container" in which you're actively dragging.

but in practice digging to a small cart would just be worse than digging to a pile. so nobody would use it.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 3:29 AM, Zera said:

Except that small carts are 40 dirt max vs ground 100-109(depending where you stand and how much you are willing to cheese it you can technically go higher) so not many would really use that

The idea behind it can be explained as the following
You dig the ground fill your shovel up and throw it into an open crate that sits in your cart/wagon and do this until the crate is full then fill the next one
That interaction that game play wise would be "sit in a cart/wagon and dig/level" is pretty much the same as shoving 20kg's at a time into your pants its pockets

It is more silly to imagine you having 300kg of dirt in your pockets then just digging to or from a wagon honestly

On 10/4/2020 at 10:38 AM, Tpikol said:

but in practice digging to a small cart would just be worse than digging to a pile. so nobody would use it.

I suppose, though I'd have to say that digging to a small cart as opposed to a ground pile is more convenient if I needed to move that dirt a few tiles over to use elsewhere. At that point it's already in a transportation vehicle to move somewhere else.
I've personally used this for shifting dirt in terraforming projects, transporting bricks and mortar as I build fences, and so forth. It keeps me mobile and my resources I need right on hand while I work. Rather than shuffling a large cart every two tiles or large gaps and then having to shuffle with a heavy inventory to a fence or tile about 2-4 tiles away from my resource collection.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:00 PM, wipeout said:

Except that small carts are 40 dirt max vs ground 100-109(depending where you stand and how much you are willing to cheese it you can technically go higher) so not many would really use that

The idea behind it can be explained as the following
You dig the ground fill your shovel up and throw it into an open crate that sits in your cart/wagon and do this until the crate is full then fill the next one
That interaction that game play wise would be "sit in a cart/wagon and dig/level" is pretty much the same as shoving 20kg's at a time into your pants its pockets

It is more silly to imagine you having 300kg of dirt in your pockets then just digging to or from a wagon honestly

I've no problem with dirt digging to a container, it's the action of sitting atop of a Cart or Wagon and being able to dig from the Driver/Passenger seat that doesn't seem fitting at all.
While sure putting dirt in your pocket doesn't make a whole lot of sense either, why does that make it OK to make it worse? :P

To dig to a container on the same tile, fine. Whether it's a crate, a cart, or other form of container on your tile. I can get behind that.
Digging from the seat of a vehicle, not so much.

To make a bold statement of "nobody" is funny, as it's almost always wrong. Someone will use it, though it may not be the majority of someone's. :P

Edited by Zera

On 10/4/2020 at 7:29 AM, Zera said:

Sounds like SOMEONE needs a longer shovel.

I voted for ground and cart, but honestly I'd be 100% content with just level to ground. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zera said:

I suppose, though I'd have to say that digging to a small cart as opposed to a ground pile is more convenient if I needed to move that dirt a few tiles over to use elsewhere. At that point it's already in a transportation vehicle to move somewhere else.
I've personally used this for shifting dirt in terraforming projects, transporting bricks and mortar as I build fences, and so forth. It keeps me mobile and my resources I need right on hand while I work. Rather than shuffling a large cart every two tiles or large gaps and then having to shuffle with a heavy inventory to a fence or tile about 2-4 tiles away from my resource collection.

I've no problem with dirt digging to a container, it's the action of sitting atop of a Cart or Wagon and being able to dig from the Driver/Passenger seat that doesn't seem fitting at all.
While sure putting dirt in your pocket doesn't make a whole lot of sense either, why does that make it OK to make it worse? :P

To dig to a container on the same tile, fine. Whether it's a crate, a cart, or other form of container on your tile. I can get behind that.
Digging from the seat of a vehicle, not so much.

To make a bold statement of "nobody" is funny, as it's almost always wrong. Someone will use it, though it may not be the majority of someone's. :P

Ideally id want it to be a "park wagon with crates on tile get off and level and it puts/takes dirt out of crates" kinda thing but the few attempts that have been had in wu to get that to be a thing lead to a multitude of issues where as embarked dig to/level and such where added quite quickly and flawlessly when the topics came up at the start of wu

I just hope that there is enough interest for such a thing in the first place im not even worried about if the devs do it as we all know how they work by now i just want to figure out what the wurm population thinks of such an idea
Also as stated before you need a longer shovel ;)