Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Ash should be easier to make

Can we just set fire to the felled tree and wait until there is only ash left? Tons of ash...

Or set fire to a shriveled tree that has no other use than regrowth?

4 minutes ago, RainRain said:

Just make coal piles.

I am not smith... all I need is ash.

1 minute ago, Darnok said:

Coal piles give equal amounts coal, tar and ash. You'll get your ash.

• Like 1

If you have a furnace you can also clean it to get ash.  Basically if you are using a forge, kiln, fireplace or oven you are already creating ash.

I don't really have the patience for making piles much, myself, but will likely start to do it once the rest of my to do list is shortened, or at least ceases to lengthen.  However, ash is pretty easy to get.

• Like 1

As a man who lives in a mine and needs a lot of concrete which uses ash, I found that a mix of coal piles and cleaning furnaces and ovens every so often is the best way. Mainly because making bulk fire's is honestly not that usefull as it gives around 1 ash rather then the 3 or so a simpel furnace/oven gives or a lot more that charcoal piles give.

Ash is already easier to get than it was, with the introduction of the clean action on furnaces, ( forges, ovens, smelters, kilns ), it’s never been easier to get good ash, clean produces 3 ash an action, a regular cleaning of the forge and oven before lighting means I often have a surplus of ash.

3 hours ago, Darnok said:

Coal making is not smithing. You dont need to use the charcoal, you can sell it 

Ash is already easy to get. Clean your ovens, make campfires and above all make coal piles.