Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Links - Let them gain the skill the primary loses

For each link, the skill gain gets nerfed on the primary - I say let the links gain that nerfed away skill.  That would make it nice for priests that get together to share their favor.

Think in terms of how the links could feel.  "Hi, I'll be your link today Miss Vyn!  There we go, you are all set to cast spells.  Mind if I watch?  Ah, nice cast there!  I think I see how you did that and will try that method when I cast some day.  Wow, I feel smarter already!"

Or there is this:  "Here Miss, use me up till I run dry.  I mean, my life has no meaning but to serve your whims.  I'm sure Vynora is pleased with my sacrifice to you, so that YOU can become great in her eyes.  No?  Vyn doesn't love me at all.  I give everything and Vynora shows me no kindness. My life is pointless."

Our poor links.  My eyes tear up just thinking about how we abuse them.

how would this work across different skill levels?

If i'm at 20 channeling and link 3 times, i'm losing 15% exp. But my ticks are going to be 10 times as large as someone who's at 70 channeling. It'd be ludicrious to grant even 5% of that tick to the links imho.

Likewise, if i'm a 70 channel priest and im getting tiny ticks, what benefit will someone at 30 channeling gain from gaining a tiny fragment of what my tick is?

It's clever in theory (rewarding links) but falls apart when you consider how skills work in wurm. I feel like if it's in any way useful, it will only be abused somehow- so -1.

Edited by RainRain

Well in theory one could just reward all links with a percentile reduced tick at a standard difficulty based on the linker's channel skill.  The larger the skill loss for the primary, the smaller the reductions for the secondary.

Why not think outside the box though, why not let it be prayer ticks instead of channel?  That way you can't argue it'd make channel gain too easy while still making it at least somewhat rewarding.

I agree that linking should offer some benefit for the person who is the link.

A reduced channeling tick, suitable for their level, would probably work best.

But i'm sure that somoene can come up with something better.