Sign in to follow this  
Crukash

Building Roofs in caves

I would like the ability to put a proper roof on buildings in caves. Unsure why it isn't allowed or was something just overlooked.

• Like 2

Why would you need a roof in a cave. There is no rain there.

Just kidding. If it's something easy to allow it would be nice for esthetics. But this needs some calculations for the cave height/roof height.

If not having a flat floor over as it is currently possible is ok also. 

Not sure why the height check would be that hard to figure compared to the height check to add another floor.  Having done some building planning underground it does check to see if there is enough height to add for another floor.  Just add in that same check for roof.  Unless there is some coding issue I don't see why this would be that big of an issue to add. 

I absolutely agree and want. I am building a city in my cave on my oversized deed and this option would make this so much more complete

• Like 1

Still need roofs on my underground city. Please and thanks. 

+1 As someone who has been in caverns I can say that moisture does seep and drip even flow from cave ceilings. Stalactites(Which I would love to see in Wurm's caves too!) wouldn't be possible if it didn't. I'd imagine bat droppings would be a consideration as well. All considered buildings are just not complete without a roof even underground.

From what I have heard once, roofs has infinite height of some sort, ofc it isn't visible in game. I guess this infinite height maybe is problematic in caves that has limited height. Not sure tho, just rumors.

• Like 1

Infinite height of a roof would prevent players from planning another floor above a roof, so that would make sense in a way (allowing a roof to be treated like just another floor without additional coding, probably). Assuming the rumors that Wilczan mentioned are correct.

But as to roofs in caves: Yes, please!