Sign in to follow this  
Athila

Winter

I would love too have the winter cold not just a visual thing , making the need for warrm clothes and fires too keep warm!

Best regards 
Athila 
Harmony Horses

Hamony

Hi Athila,

There is an app running on some of the Wurm Unlimited servers where you do need to keep fires burning, wear warm clothing etc or else you start taking cold damage. The chill is also affected by altitude and wind strength if I remember correctly.

On our server we found that during the winter with the cold-mod 'on' our population went down a lot. At the moment the mod is switched 'off' and the population is again back up to normal levels.

I like winter and for me, having winter chill would not be a game-breaker, however, I would suggest that many people playing Wurm Online do not enjoy winter for a variety of long-standing reasons and if your idea was implemented would take a break. I cannot imagine the developers would want this to happen so sadly, even though I share your positivity with your suggestion, I fear there may not be many people who would agree with your suggestion.

on the WU mod- its a ton of fun but it also kills the server population. That's a super niche version of survival. Don't get me wrong i love it but i highly doubt the masses would on WO.

Edited by Hayzues

12 hours ago, Hayzues said:

on the WU mod- its a ton of fun but it also kills the server population. That's a super niche version of survival. Don't get me wrong i love it but i highly doubt the masses would on WO.

Agreed - if new players showed up during winter, it would dramatically raise the likelihood that they'd quit, if they're repeatedly dying due to something completely outside of their control.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

Agreed - if new players showed up during winter, it would dramatically raise the likelihood that they'd quit, if they're repeatedly dying due to something completely outside of their control.

Some maps like Cad and Har should be synchronized in this respect and if Cad is mid-winter then Har should be mid-summer.

Winters should be harsh, not only does this idea with a fire or the requirement to wear warm woolen clothing, but any snow-covered crops should die. Small and sick animals outside should also die of the cold.

Edited by Darnok

My impression is that you play Suggestions rather than playing Wurm.

• Like 1