Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Imbue Nerf Announced

6 hours ago, RainRain said:

I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.

Yes, it's extremely gamebreaking to be able to mine ore 30 quality above that the vein is (as it makes having high quality veins much less needed, and raises the abundance of such ore/items made from said ore, which in turn devalues literally everything in the game made from said ore)- not only that, but if it allows you to mine that quality above your mining skill, it's even more busted as it greatly devalues the need to even raise the skill in the first place.

Well to be fair all i need is a rare pickaxe to mine ql 100 soo i mostly have it for the ability to break the ql of veins and have a higher then normal average and really the market is dead who cares if a mechanic "devalues" an item nerfs or buffs should not be made on a player driven market price basis and even if say mining imbue's where taken out and ql 100 dry up all that will happen is that ql 95+ tools will go up in price as ql 90 is easy to mine on iron with a ql 95 pickaxe and 95+ mining and a rare+rune on it it will not solve this issue

Having an imbue vs not having an imbue isnt a game changing event it isnt something that is needed its a nice to have thing that makes mining for hundreds of hours that much more rewarding(Yes when i am not terraforming i am mining this is all i do in wurm i get my food from others i get my imps from my friends(even though i got 90bs) all i do is mine and dig and rarely build) when your average rock shard ql is useful enough but even then there are plenty of times where a wall is ql 32 even with a supreme runed 100 imbue pickaxe these low ql walls happen far more often then the 90+ ones do so again the imbue isnt some magical thing that always leads to high ql its just a nice to have that i hope wont be affected too much by the upcoming changes

• Like 1

Thanks Retro, and wipeout in particular. Yes, it is possible to mine 22, not "30 quality above that the vein is", with rare+rune+imbue. I fail to see that as "gamebreaking", or dramatic whatsoever. Also, I fail to see the menace of crowds of lazy miners refusing to take the pains of leveling up beyond 75 instead relying on rare (or better) runed and imbued picks 😎 . To my experience, virtually everyone who got so far is already smitten with mining addiction :) . But granted, I may have panicked when originally starting that thread, my apologies for that. I hope you take in account that imbues are a valuable incentive for community events on the old servers, and may become on the new ones in the future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Thanks Retro, and wipeout in particular. Yes, it is possible to mine 22, not "30 quality above that the vein is", with rare+rune+imbue. I fail to see that as "gamebreaking", or dramatic whatsoever. Also, I fail to see the menace of crowds of lazy miners refusing to take the pains of leveling up beyond 75 instead relying on rare (or better) runed and imbued picks 😎 . To my experience, virtually everyone who got so far is already smitten with mining addiction :) . But granted, I may have panicked when originally starting that thread, my apologies for that. I hope you take in account that imbues are a valuable incentive for community events on the old servers, and may become on the new ones in the future.

And if any miner refuses to grind past 75 because a lack of sandstone veins might i suggest all of them to come over to my mountain in the near future as im going to hollow it out and level down the floor to make it max height(stupid system) worth of hollowness on the inside of 48k tiles so im sure you can then mine all the sandstone veins you want ;)

• Like 1

Maybe just have it do a check on a item and if it has a both a gathering rune and a imbue it calculates the higher bonus of the two and uses that 1 but not both. No need to nerf the imbue.

"... and then 39 years later, they decided that having all the end-game options is overpowered in their opinion."

Talk about changes out of the blue that nobody asked for, that also will improve nothing.

Step 2, they'll be using tile-based RNG to cap the quality of fields and trees, because it's OP that literally every single tree/field has the potential of being perfect quality? Why not make it like foraging/botanizing QL used to be, that ought to balance the faster favour gain for priests then that makes things easier for example? Devs hate it when players have some convenience.

Edited by Ulviirala