Sign in to follow this  
Jacobhayes

No Hot food cooking EXP gain

I have been playing for weeks on Cadence and have made dozens of meals and breakfasts and have gained 0 exp in Hot food cooking and rarely any Cooking skill exp and I'm not the first I reported this to CA HELP and at least 4 others said they also cant gain any hot food cooking exp and are 1.00 skill still and I have tried everything like taking pans in and out of the oven before cooking I put the ingredients in my backpack then into the pan before and after cooking I light the oven myself and nothing works. was told by GM to make a forum post so here we are.

On WU, I never gained XP if I did a dish that was way above my skill level.  Now I always start out making simple Breakfasts of a single potato in a clay bowl until I get to 10 or 15 HFC,  and especially avoid anything more than 25 points above my skill.

WU works different than WO but it is the first thing I would check.  If you are at 1.00 skill and making fancy meals with multiple ingredients, that could be the issue.  Try a test, maybe 5 clay bowls each with a potato or pumpkin.  Start small. And check the Lore of each dish with a right-click.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

even better would be fried meat - much easier to obtain than veges unless you have a big farm, fry the emat then put it in pottery bowls in an oven and get breakfasts - x2 skill gain for 1 meat per

I assume that the difficulty of the cooked food was too high, in which case you wont get skill. I just tested with my harmony test character, with no cooking or HFC skill gain before. He prepared a herb casserole with lingonberry, potato, and nettles in his pottery bowl in an oven. Lore told diff 21 for a herb casserole, and he got +0.215325 cooking to 1.215325 and +1.0 HFC to 2.0 hot food cooking.

6 hours ago, Jacobhayes said:

I have been playing for weeks on Cadence and have made dozens of meals and breakfasts and have gained 0 exp in Hot food cooking and rarely any Cooking skill exp and I'm not the first I reported this to CA HELP and at least 4 others said they also cant gain any hot food cooking exp and are 1.00 skill still and I have tried everything like taking pans in and out of the oven before cooking I put the ingredients in my backpack then into the pan before and after cooking I light the oven myself and nothing works. was told by GM to make a forum post so here we are.

What you do not say is... if you take the pan in inventory and than back to oven.. you get skill if you drag the pan from inventory to forge/oven/campfire, whoever puts stuff in the pan is irrelevant, what matters is .. who last had the pan in inventory before cooking something in it.

I have been playing the game for years I know what I'm doing. I'm making a simple breakfast or meal and no exp its Campfire-pottery bowl-Meat or Oven-pottery bowl- meat and I'm the only person involved in the entire process. 

Edited by Jacobhayes

Do a stress test. Place 10-20 bowls with one meat in an oven and light it.

At low skill, you dont always get ticks on meals due to the extremely high difficulty. Fried meat has 5 difficulty and breakfasts 15, so those are best early for skill.

Needs some actual testing done rather than just one-offs. Ensure they only have one ingredient per breakfast.

Edited by RainRain

On 9/27/2020 at 10:14 PM, RainRain said:

Do a stress test. Place 10-20 bowls with one meat in an oven and light it.

At low skill, you dont always get ticks on meals due to the extremely high difficulty. Fried meat has 5 difficulty and breakfasts 15, so those are best early for skill.

Needs some actual testing done rather than just one-offs. Ensure they only have one ingredient per breakfast.

So I did this and still no exp when I used a bowl I was finally able to gain exp by using one meat in one frying pan in a campfire not oven and I had to add meat to the pan in the fire then take the pan out then put the pan back in the fire

1 hour ago, Jacobhayes said:

So I did this and still no exp when I used a bowl I was finally able to gain exp by using one meat in one frying pan in a campfire not oven and I had to add meat to the pan in the fire then take the pan out then put the pan back in the fire

Either you skipped verifying that you were the last one placing the pans in the oven/fire/forge..           or       the old bug from ~year ago that loses ownership(whom to give the skillgains) is back

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Either you skipped verifying that you were the last one placing the pans in the oven/fire/forge..           or       the old bug from ~year ago that loses ownership(whom to give the skillgains) is back

Im the only person in local I did everything myself but I tried it on different things and the campfire and fried meat was the only way to go I used an hour and a half of sleep bonus and got my skill to 4.35

Were you the one to place the bowl (or pan, or other cooking vessel) into the oven/fire/forge? If not, take it and then drop it in yourself, and do the same for the ingredients, just to be on the safe side.