Sign in to follow this  
Samool

On Things Current

2 hours ago, Shmeric said:

Just another quick personal opinion. Wurm does not need new content every 2nd month.

Fixing some critical and/or long term annoying issues would be much more appreciated.

Animal spawns and disembarking bugs jump up and down on suggestion and bug forums, for example, effortlessly not getting enough attention.

do you know how mmos work?

0 new content - players are getting bored and they stop playing

imagine world of warcraft wihout regular expansions

Edited by Votip
  • Like 2

Two  5 hour Sleeps would be more useful than one 10 hour

• Like 5

Yall gonna learn how to advertise or we just gonna let the game die again? Cause at the rate its going we ded ded by Christmas.

• Like 4

maybe fix the bug where you buy sleep bonus upgrade to the account like i did i could have up to 6 hours and always logged off in my bed on 5 hours and its never gone past 5 hours now so ive lost the upgrade. not sure why but the amount of sleep bonus I've lost out on is a lot, I've opened a support and hope this will be fixed

I even tried using sleep powder to raise above 5 hours and didn't work ! -Waste of marks and would like a refund or fix 

Edited by wsrich
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Votip said:

do you know how mmos work?

0 new content - players are getting bored and they stop playing

imagine world of warcraft wihout regular expansions

I'm not sure if you noticed but wurm isn't a themepark like wow. In wurm, the players are the content (or are supposed to be) while in wow type games if the devs stop pushing stuff out there is very little to repeat or do. 

Note: I am not saying wurm doesn't need new things as new shineys are always fun when implemented correctly and fit the player playstyles. I am simply pointing out that maybe using wow as comparison isn't as solid of an idea as it sounds.

• Like 2

its only after 2 months do they even attempt to address the kingdom coffer issue. I've played everyday and never once was their coin in harm(when i checked). I've been told you guy connected all the servers coffers to make it easier to manage. In doing so you borked ALL the servers coffers. Then i was told by a reliable source that you had no intentions of fixing it and that you were just going to wait for all servers to hit 1 month to sync cycles. It appears that these unconfirmed rumors were true. As it's lining up exactly as they said it would. So what will you be offering in tangible recompense? i don't need, nor want sleep bonus, i already have a bed and sleep powder. How about you let US choose in the form of Marks, Karma, or sleep bonus...wont cost you a thing and you'll keep already pissed people happy(ish).

• Like 1

the feel i get from this thread is that issues are being addressed by saying they're being addressed, and then we get stuck with horrible updates under the guise that they can be tweaked later, but it doesn't actually happen

you know, like history shows

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, azuleslight said:

Then i was told by a reliable source

source: my uncle works at nintendo

• Like 2

Are ther news how it will work with the deed bonus from Sacrefies? Curretly if you oversacrefies you get non. So only sacrefies if you have full favor. Second with the new system it would be not "bad" to sacrefies with full favor but can this not be exploitet to get deed bonus AND pending favor? (you loos the instatn favor part I am aware of it taht this is maybe the bonus you get but oh well jsut a thought)

13 hours ago, Samool said:

before removing the old UI client

😞 noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 4

1 hour ago, azuleslight said:

its only after 2 months do they even attempt to address the kingdom coffer issue. I've played everyday and never once was their coin in harm(when i checked). I've been told you guy connected all the servers coffers to make it easier to manage. In doing so you borked ALL the servers coffers. Then i was told by a reliable source that you had no intentions of fixing it and that you were just going to wait for all servers to hit 1 month to sync cycles. It appears that these unconfirmed rumors were true. As it's lining up exactly as they said it would. So what will you be offering in tangible recompense? i don't need, nor want sleep bonus, i already have a bed and sleep powder. How about you let US choose in the form of Marks, Karma, or sleep bonus...wont cost you a thing and you'll keep already pissed people happy(ish).

Rest assured this is not the case at all. 

Whatever reliable source has been rambling in gl chat is incorrect 

39 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

😞 noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This x100000

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Forests said:

How does 10 hours of sleep bonus work? I only have a max of 5.

Dev awarded sleep bonus can reach a max of 10 hours. (You’ll be above your normal limit till you use it)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azuleslight said:

Then i was told by a reliable source that you had no intentions of fixing it 

Was it your Grandma...?

16 hours ago, Samool said:

• Situation with uneven creature spawns on all servers should be fixed, and the creature cap on Defiance will be additionally raised

This is very good news - now are spot where each tile has a mob and rest of servers are empty. SFI, NFI alike - and Defiance is even worse with the low cap.

Actually on Celebration if things don't change I'll need to fence around a huge area to prevent SERIOUS creature ratio degradation on our deed.

Simply and honestly thank you:

Missions and Valrei features

Missions will appear on the new servers along with a Valrei update intended for Defiance, which should be very soon.

Sleep bonus(es)
This is coming a bit late, but as announced before, we will grant everyone 10 hours of sleep bonus to compensate for the rocky launch and the following weeks we’ve had - this will be announced a few days before it happens so everyone has a chance to use up what they have left.

New UI
We’re working on further improving the new UI and addressing the common complaints before removing the old UI client - among these will be improvements to the default/repeat action systems, text size settings, better chat settings and more.

Favor regeneration

To help with the Channeling skillgain (and generally make casting less annoying) we’ll be introducing changes to how favor works.

This will work off the previously suggested changes to allow a higher pool of pending favor to be prepared, with concerns raised in that feedback thread (https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/178620-changes-to-favor-gain-from-sacrificing/) being addressed - further details will appear in the patch notes.

I'm seriously concerned about this point . the proposed system is unnecessarily overcomplicated and possibly gimping casting rather than helping it, I think the saccing timer reduction would be enough to rebalance. Let's see what are the details.

This will be coming together with a sleep bonus merge between Defiance and the PvE servers of the Northern Freedom Isles - your sleep bonus will cross through when using the PvP portal, so that you can use it where you want to.

IMHO this one is a clear nerf of sleep bonus - I doubt it will help pull/keep players to/on Defiance but takes away fun of management of SB on both sides.

Sorry for the leftover empty quote boxes :S

4 hours ago, Forests said:

How does 10 hours of sleep bonus work? I only have a max of 5.

3 hours ago, LionIX said:

Dev awarded sleep bonus can reach a max of 10 hours. (You’ll be above your normal limit till you use it)

And if nothing is changed ....then dont use bed untill you down to your useally 5 hours or u might loose the ones over 5 hours 

I do really appreciate your post, and hope for more news from the drawing table. 

18 hours ago, Samool said:

This is coming a bit late, but as announced before, we will grant everyone 10 hours of sleep bonus to compensate for the rocky launch and the following weeks we’ve had - this will be announced a few days before it happens so everyone has a chance to use up what they have left.

Could we get this sleep bonus in form of sleep powders for chars made before on at the "hard time"? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Platyna said:

I do really appreciate your post, and hope for more news from the drawing table. 

Could we get this sleep bonus in form of sleep powders for chars made before on at the "hard time"? 

I guess that could be miss-used and sold....

1 hour ago, Maiya said:

And if nothing is changed ....then don't use bed until you down to your usually 5 hours or u might loose the ones over 5 hours 

This was fixed a couple years ago.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

In that thread, I mentioned that the player feedback offered in the thread would be considered when implementing anything. As mentioned in the post you're replying to here, those concerns are being addressed and more details will come.

Any news about if any dye suggestions will be considered and RGB 1 1 1 will be brought back in game? 

18 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Call me a pessimist but from what I'm reading here, it sounds more like just releasing stuff that was held back with minor tweaks rather than actual new content. It's been 2 months since launch and there's nothing major in development? That's terrifying.

-100  Seriously dude???  First, they aren't charging anything for it.  It's all stuff that was too high level (rifts) for new servers, or known to be problematic (favor, source fountains).  Also, this isn't WoW.  It's a very small team working on a game with lots of moving parts, on new servers, with hordes of new players poking at all the old issues.   Plus we are only a couple of months in.  Plus who knows what may be on the table for future development, but it's way too early to talk about yet because they are still dealing with all the new players poking at old issues.  Honestly...  

• Like 3

How about fixing the lag on Xanadu? Gave some input on that in a bug report almost two weeks ago, haven't seen any improvements since then and no feedback on the issue.