Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Discussion #3

33 minutes ago, Nocturnes said:

I think priests should be able to wear armour that isnt heavier then 2,5 kg per piece (for breast slot). Meaning studdened and chain armour would be max they could wear. They would be targeted fast and this would mean they would have to play more supportive and use shields and tankier weapons to survive in the back of the line.

Massive -1.

Priests already can't improve, and in some cases can't terraform either. That's 80% of the game inaccessible to priests, and you want to make it so they can only watch pvp from a distance too? 

No thanks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BrokenSanity said:

Massive -1.

Priests already can't improve, and in some cases can't terraform either. That's 80% of the game inaccessible to priests, and you want to make it so they can only watch pvp from a distance too? 

No thanks.

To be honest to limit priests to not being able to improve or terraform doesnt solve the priest meta in pvp, they might aswell remove that, it only makes it so that ppl have to create a craft alt instead for all pve related tasks. The only way to make priest not better then a regular non priest fighter in every possible way is to make them weaker in another aspect, just like how sorcerers get a permanent debuff in another element once they learn a spell.

In almost every game spell casters are balanced with weaker armour, its only logical if you get ranged attacks that they would make you weaker in meele in return. However if they weaken our armour they could increase our range or other aspects. Leather isnt so bad in pvp anyway, been using it for ages.

Edited by Nocturnes

2 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

In almost every game spell casters are balanced with weaker armour, its only logical if you get ranged attacks that they would make you weaker in meele in return. However if they weaken our armour they could increase our range or other aspects. Leather isnt so bad in pvp anyway, been using it for ages.

So you support buffing priests with spell dmg and abilities so they can actually 1v1 without using melee "like other games" aswell as removing the non pvp limitations then? 😛

doubt it.

1 hour ago, Zekezor said:

So you support buffing priests with spell dmg and abilities so they can actually 1v1 without using melee "like other games" aswell as removing the non pvp limitations then? 😛

doubt it.

Mmmyees it was a buff disguised as a nerf, give me all the power! 😛 

Taking off armor in the middle of battle is dangerous, I think the risk is worth the reward. If priests can't wear armor heavier than cloth then I think a lot less will PvP.

what if there were favor fountains randomly spread out like source fountains with like 2000 favor and when you drink the contents you gain favor. would help people get their geared enchanted and be another incentive for roaming. 

2 hours ago, Moondevil said:

Make unequiping armor interrupt in progress spell casts 

Yes

On 9/24/2020 at 11:20 PM, Postes said:

6 spawn at once

THE smartest suggestion towards hota that ive ever seen. 

No ones tried to raid

Not true, i've raided 3 deeds so far. HOWEVER, they were easy deeds. Raid windows don't suit australians so anything better defended i will never be around for. BUT this has caused me to fight people during raid windows in order to take their things. It is working, just needs to be fine tuned somewhat.

when you lose 20+ people in a fight... it's a ###### ton of gear to replace

Can confirm that if we as jk get another full wipe it will almost surely mean we stop playing for some time. We have already lost several crafters. Personally im only going to be supplying food for grinding when needed but have already settled on pve until i get bored and quit.

On 9/24/2020 at 11:21 PM, Nocturnes said:

To remove priest restrictions on pvp servers would just cause everyone to be priest which is something they want to balance so that there is a reason NOT to be priest on pvp.

This and one other reason is a let down, already seen it on WU

Make it so each priest has a "set" of crafting skills they can perform. Sort of like a "class" of skills. Make it like 2 Carpentry related for like vyn and fo with 1 smithing type. and have it so Mag has like 2 smithing type skills and 1 carpentry. Lib can have like 3-4 since it's only 1 faith for that kingdom. I really don't like having wurm go into like class types, but it would help with the gear remaking as well. You can also add a profession change for priests only to a trader for like 5-15 silver incase the meta changes or w/e.

8 hours ago, Moondevil said:

I liked it how it was, timers between unequipping  gear. kind of sorted the boys out from the men interms of channeling if people had to cast with armor on. 

10 hours ago, JamesSnow said:

what if there were favor fountains randomly spread out like source fountains with like 2000 favor and when you drink the contents you gain favor. would help people get their geared enchanted and be another incentive for roaming. 

This idea is neat, however, should not allow for storing in containers on pvp. Which would mean priests would need to be protected while using up the favor. Only problem i see there is that you may or may not be within influence so casting wont be as efficient. unless people slapped down an altar and imped it ofc. 

12 hours ago, Zao said:

Taking off armor in the middle of battle is dangerous, I think the risk is worth the reward. If priests can't wear armor heavier than cloth then I think a lot less will PvP.

Ive done this a few times and almost always get 60 damage wound haha. timing it right is all the fun!

On 9/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, RainRain said:

kind of agree, i also dislike people taking off armor just to move faster for a few moments to catch up to someone- should have some sort of timer involved to equip gear

On 9/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, AceRifle said:

Oh fix taking on and off armor mid combat.  Kids are wearing plate and taking it off to cast spells. Priest should only be able to wear Leather and down. 

this has already been done. it lasted i think a month, and it was trash, widely regarded as trash, and helps remove some of the minimal amount of skill based micro in the game.
unequip all not being there on the pvp server would be much better, but unequip timers is actually obnoxious and unfun, from experience.

Oh fix taking on and off armor mid combat.  Kids are wearing plate and taking it off to cast spells. Priest should only be able to wear Leather and down. 

I think players should be rewarded for being able to do this.

4 hours ago, Zao said:

I think players should be rewarded for being able to do this.

Rewarded for waiting for the timer to reach 1 second, click unequip all and then click first item at your armor stack, hold shift, click bottom of your armor stack, then drag onto your character? Takes like a second if you know what you're doing.

1 second isn't enough time to make use of you being vulnerable.

Sorry to cherry pick on Ciray, first clip I could see. At 1:44 he unequips his armor with 3 seconds left. At 2 seconds left he has his armor already selected and ready to requip again. He's vulnerable for 3 seconds and that's only because he didn't time it optimally (or tried to consider potential lag).

Regardless, the vulnerability window is so small doing this trick, you have no time to react and land a swing/arrow. 

On 9/24/2020 at 1:28 AM, Darklords said:

Incentives to live on PvP servers

A lot of suggestions so far have been to reward more sleep bonus for things. While I think this is a good idea, with the intention to merge sleep bonus pools with freedom means people can stock up on defiance and head back to pve.

You'll need to consider how to force people to use those benefits on PvP.

I think the real problem here is sleep powder being purchasable. People spend money buying it so they can grind and sell those products to get more sleep powder.

You'd either need remove/nerf sleep powder, some how force a market on defiance or allow players to take items from defiance to freedom to be sold, and even the latter may not solve it.

Off Deed Mines

Back on earlier chaos, some of my fun was solo roaming enemy lands as hassling some of the lesser known players at the time and running back to my underground base hidden away when response showed up (pre-zoom horses + locates). Knowing I had a safe spot if things got hairy encouraged me to do this.

That said, that gameplay was fun as an attacker, really annoying as a defender. 

A new mine door type may be good, it gives retreating attackers a bit of time to assess their situation and react. Maybe make it so if you pass "roaming mine door" it doubles your log out timer unless it can balanced it so there's a fair chance defenders can break in before they can log out/escape.

Raid Windows

No one's really done an effective raid yet so I don't think kneejerking this is a good idea. You should get feedback on how much damage you are likely to do I'm the 6 hr window Vs empty and established deeds.

You could probably resolve issues here by nerfing defenders rather than increasing raid windows. Such as 1 person being able to repair a wall at a time (I don't know how much damage war machines do now, I heard some do aoe damage), reduce damage repaired per action (or when there's an enemy presence) etc.

Priest Balance

Rebalance hurting status on unblockable ranged spells or provide a way to negate damage like archery. Or if we're aiming to have the classic mage melee ranged combat triangle make shields redundant to archery when casting spells if it doesn't already work like that.

Also, interupt spells when you unequip armor during the cast.

Shield Skill/Creatures

The biggest issue I saw with this was just starting off, once you had 10 skill or so the gains seemed relatively fine. My suggestion would have been to make 1 shield skill act like 10 in pve only.

Battle Camp Hota

others have better ideas than me

Sorry for font sizes, editing quotes on mobile is not good.

Edited by Moondevil

just remove heavy/medium armors chance to fail casts regardless of cast power its a dumb mechanic thats super easy to get around

you can always open your body as a container and select every armor piece to unequip everything at once without the unequip everything bind, that wouldn't change it

1 hour ago, Moondevil said:

1 second isn't enough time to make use of you being vulnerable.

time your shield bash/special move to go off right as they cast and dunk them if they pull armor, not rocket science

23 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

time your shield bash/special move to go off right as they cast and dunk them if they pull armor, not rocket science

Or don't allow players to negate a debuff intended to reduce the effectiveness of priest spam?

Just now, Moondevil said:

Or don't allow players to negate a debuff intended to reduce the effectiveness of priest spam?

By that logic players shouldnt be able to quickly equip/de-equip armour to move faster either.

9 minutes ago, Moondevil said:

you trade a mild cast power debuff with a flat % chance of failing no matter what with a chance of getting 1 shot if someone competent notices you casting and pulling armor each time, seems fine to me

the debuff doesn't even stop priest spam coz things like LOF which is easily the most powerful wl spell dont use armor penalty

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

4 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you can always open your body as a container and select every armor piece to unequip everything at once without the unequip everything bind, that wouldn't change it

I personally, would be happier if people had to do this instead of just use the 2-click feature that was added. but that's just me. I don't think it's really an issue either way really though.

Agree 100%, just make it so if you have entered combat you are unable to take off armor, 

On 9/25/2020 at 1:10 PM, Moondevil said:

Oh I like this idea more! Nice suggestion, still allows for taking off armor and eliminates the issue of priest taking off armor for a split second