Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Discussion #3

On 5/23/2021 at 1:44 PM, AceRifle said:

Something I would like to see on a new map is no Kingdoms. Only villages and Village alliance. Once your village hits a specific size, you can pick a chief. Only one chief per alliance. Within the village, you have Wl/Bl cults so you can have mix wl/bl priest within the village.

bump

Something that would be interesting for a new map would be PMK with population limit, just an example : 15 toons to found, 25 max and for like ever 2% of influence you get another 10 more people you can have in the pmk or something.

then of course theres the turn elevation into a challenge server, lasts 3 months only happens twice a year. Can import toons from freedom over to it etc. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, Egard said:

Something that would be interesting for a new map would be PMK with population limit, just an example : 15 toons to found, 25 max and for like ever 2% of influence you get another 10 more people you can have in the pmk or something.

then of course theres the turn elevation into a challenge server, lasts 3 months only happens twice a year. Can import toons from freedom over to it etc. 

Agree that Elevation should be a challenge server. I would like them to try a variety of concepts and maps, such as a very small close quarters map and an archipelago map. Let people enjoy them for 3 or so months then allow them to take the spoils of war back home with them. 

There s one main issue I have noticed about PvP, and many people that I know feel the same.

There used to be a time you could grab your shield, sword and half decent armour, and just go out and fight, however, nowadays if you re not

- 90+ Fighting skill (and sub skills)

- 90+ Sickle skill

- wear a Scales set with fully enchanted 90+ Web Armour on all parts (and corresponding helm)

- are a Priest

- have taken most of the Tomes

- have Path of Power or Shield of the Gone, meditation at 70+

- have moon metal weapons, i.e. Adamantine sickle

- have 3 different weapons on you for different situations, with different top level enchants , e.g. Life Transfer, Acid Charge, Frost Brand, ...

- have 3 sets of different jewellery on you to switch around, also depending on situation (acid protection, corrosion, ...)

- have 4 sets of rare saddles and rare horse shoes with 90+ WoA enchants, and 4 best full speed traits Hell Horses +top level barding

you are simply not competitive enough to stand any chance of not being slaughtered in 2 to 3 hits.

1 hour ago, Roysta said:

There s one main issue I have noticed about PvP, and many people that I know feel the same.

There used to be a time you could grab your shield, sword and half decent armour, and just go out and fight, however, nowadays if you re not

- 90+ Sickle skill

- wear a Scales set with fully enchanted 90+ Web Armour on all parts (and corresponding helm)

- are a Priest

- have 3 different weapons on you for different situations, with different top level enchants , e.g. Life Transfer, Acid Charge, Frost Brand, ...

- have 3 sets of different jewellery on you to switch around, also depending on situation (acid protection, corrosion, ...)

- have 4 sets of rare saddles and rare horse shoes with 90+ WoA enchants, and 4 best full speed traits Hell Horses +top level barding

you are simply not competitive enough to stand any chance of not being slaughtered in 2 to 3 hits.

Thats what defiance fixed!

3 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Thats what defiance fixed!

I'm sorry but i am talking PvP, and I'm not gonna argue with people that call Defiance a fix.

NFI are useless and should have never been created. There have been enough servers as was.

There was absolute no need to invent another altered reality, which is completely set apart from the real 15 year old game.

46 minutes ago, Roysta said:

I'm sorry but i am talking PvP, and I'm not gonna argue with people that call Defiance a fix.

NFI are useless and should have never been created. There have been enough servers as was.

There was absolute no need to invent another altered reality, which is completely set apart from the real 15 year old game.

Lmfao

1 hour ago, Roysta said:

Stay off my lawn! 

4 hours ago, Roysta said:

Out with the old in with the new!

8 hours ago, Roysta said:

- 90+ Sickle skill

- are a Priest

- i am not 90 fs

- i am not 90 sickle

- i dont have scale

- i am not a priest

- i dont have most of the tomes

- i dont have moonmetal weapons

- i have 2 weapons on me for different situations

- i have 1 ring and 1 necklace

- i dont have rare horse gear

and i died today to 4 hits not 3, ok?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roysta said:

- 90+ Sickle skill

- are a Priest

mindset issue right here, nothing else

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Roysta said:

Defiance is like the most basic and vanilla PvP you can get. It's that simple. Don't try and disregard years of someone's work and then they pvp and poop on you because you wanna jump just right into it with a month old account lol. Plus, people "can" pvp with day old accounts, you'll still probably die in two hits, but pvp is all about who has the bigger group, who casts the spells at the right time/priests(champs on chaos), partially your gear/skills(body stats), and lastly the biggest is game knowledge obviously. you can't just go out all whilly nilly and think you can pvp, thats just how you get 3 hit.

basically, just know what your working with account-wise so you know what you can/can't do so you have a general idea of your thresholds. Not even kidding, but you can have all the things you listed, and still get 3 shot if you don't play your cards right....

On 5/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, Roysta said:

There was definitely a need to make Defiance. It creates what is effectively a PvP training ground for newer accounts. The ruleset making it a lower ceiling allows most anyone to participate.

The problem here is that skilled accounts cannot transfer from Defiance -> Chaos. If the newer accounts made from the Steam release could transfer to Chaos, you might actually get some really active PvP on Chaos as a result.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:49 AM, Sindusk said:

There was definitely a need to make Defiance. It creates what is effectively a PvP training ground for newer accounts. The ruleset making it a lower ceiling allows most anyone to participate.

The problem here is that skilled accounts cannot transfer from Defiance -> Chaos. If the newer accounts made from the Steam release could transfer to Chaos, you might actually get some really active PvP on Chaos as a result.

That would be neat but unfair because the priests on chaos cannot grind skills imping like the Defiance once could do by going on the freedom NFi. Could maybe make it an option: as a Defiance player can either be stuck to priest and go to Chaos as priest or not be able to Chaos but be able to portal to your pve cluster servers.

Also when on Chaos could they sail to SFI pve or not? 

But back on pvp i have a question: Should libila get 9 champs instead of 3? Because a WL has 3 gods so can have 3 champs from each = 9 champs at once potentially while BL can only have 3?

22 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

unfair because the priests on chaos cannot grind skills imping like the Defiance once could do by going on the freedom NFi.

Chaos/bl had this exploit feature for eons vs nfi's 10 months

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

Chaos/bl had this exploit feature for eons vs nfi's 10 months

And the devs should learn from this and make sure that everyone has the same oportunities when made to play on the same server no?

that ship has sailed for chaos already, its not a new server to shelter from the big bad

1 minute ago, SmeJack said:

that ship has sailed for chaos already, its not a new server to shelter from the big bad

Just because the server is old does not mean new people cannot start to play on it or decide to sail from freedom and is about them having the same oportunities as the ones from NFI because if not then there is no reason for new ppl to start on SFI anymore and now we have the pve version of Epic?:)

Im not really sure how you think that playing against toon a from chaos that used the same system as toon b from defiance is any different. Consolidation is better than stagnation but I guess I couldn't care less either way, the ignorance is more interesting.

Noone is against consolidation. My argument is why can't consolidation happen while the new players have the same opportunities to develop their toon regardless of the cluster they start on.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, Roysta said:

That makes literally no sense. You're stating exactly what everyone else has - they hated tomes, they hated SOTG, needing skills, etc. but some players worked very hard for those things, and invested in them with real-life currency. It would be unfair to take elements away from the game that players worked for, but as an alternative Defiance was the more vanilla landscape. You don't need everything on that list to compete. I still think you need a lot to get ramped up and going especially to be competitive in PvP,  but the requirements are a lot lower on Defiance. 

Would be cool If we get more tomes from missions again. Atm. It's pretty hard for anyone new who's trying to play to get any of the goods ones.

Edited by AceRifle
  • Like 2