Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Discussion #3

seriously, obviously salty we had to watch the ass of zekes shiny horse and didnt manage to hit

but can you please, for the love of god, remove the RNG on speedtraits on normal horses? at least on pvp? @Darklords

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

seriously, obviously salty we had to watch the ass of zekes shiny horse and didnt manage to hit

but can you please, for the love of god, remove the RNG on speedtraits on normal horses? at least on pvp? @Darklords

...or at least scale down heavily. It is atm a luck game mostly.

I think it'd just be better to nerf the speed on barded horses in general, give more risk versus reward to not using a naked speed horse. 

• Like 1

I'd just be happy to get rid of the barding bug once and for all instead of just every server reset.

something doesnt go jks way 

>please remove it @dev @dev @dev REEEMOVEEE AAAH also add off deed minehops so we dont even have to pay coins for our 30 wardeeds aaah

something goes jks way

crickets

• Like 2

Comabt Change: Swingtimers start the moment I target somthing agaisnt this target instat of the moment I am in range of somthing. Give infantry and bardet horses a chance!

• Cat 1

Please do this: Once you die, you can't spawn for 5 minutes aka have a timer to respawn. Then you can't lead a horse or tame animals for 10 minutes because you've recently died.

49 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

Please do this: Once you die, you can't spawn for 5 minutes aka have a timer to respawn. Then you can't lead a horse or tame animals for 10 minutes because you've recently died.

LOL. This cant be serious...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Postes said:

LOL. This cant be serious...

Well, either that, or you take away gravestones. Because it's stupid for any side to simply regear near a fight and come right back into it with full hp. 

3 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

Well, either that, or you take away gravestones. Because it's stupid for any side to simply regear near a fight and come right back into it with full hp. 

I clearly remember you doing that a couple of weeks ago with Xayah when you had MR at your deed. We did not complain about that.

impacts defending a deed too, its just a bad idea all around

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carmichael said:

lol

2 hours ago, Goyle said:

I clearly remember you doing that a couple of weeks ago with Xayah when you had MR at your deed. We did not complain about that.

Yeah, I say it's stupid. Even after doing it myself. It puts anyone out in enemy lands at a disadvantage. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carmichael said:

It puts anyone out in enemy lands at a disadvantage. 

Well is this not the point of Fighting on home ground? to have a Advantage? Attaker allredy have the bonus of them deciding the time of engagment.

I would be more a fan of Slowing down Horses If not on Deed/Own Kingdom after a PvP death so you can´t rejoin the fight in less then 5 min after your death if you deep in the enmy hearthland. This is somthing that I found way sillier that you can ride accross the map and go back in the same fight were you have died.

40 minutes ago, Radircs said:

Well is this not the point of Fighting on home ground? to have a Advantage? Attaker allredy have the bonus of them deciding the time of engagment.

I would be more a fan of Slowing down Horses If not on Deed/Own Kingdom after a PvP death so you can´t rejoin the fight in less then 5 min after your death if you deep in the enmy hearthland. This is somthing that I found way sillier that you can ride accross the map and go back in the same fight were you have died.

Yeah I know, but you get rewarded far more with no repercussions for simply dying and coming back with full health and a pair of barded horses you have to fight all over again. Because you simply killed them. Like I can’t even take their gear mid fight because a freaking gravestone takes 1 min to loot. And if you’ve ever PvPd before. You cannot loot a grave stone as your fighting. But instead they’ll come by and reloot their own stuff either right after their death or naked on an alt with no gear/fs. Alts being use for anything in safety is also another thing that is annoying. But really, if you want to have a PvP server die quicker because something is giving you a current advantage vs something for the long run and you increase the state of the game without fixing these types of issues be my ####ing guest. Literally if it really was down to me. I would put a heavy CR  debuff for 1 hour upon death, to include not giving a gank bonus but a gank debuff. When you have even a brand new player ask why were they able to respawn at that area of the fight and be able to come back into a fight immediately in the first place should raise some eyebrows? 

And another thing you shouldn’t be able to respawn at the deed that is currently being raided, IE you gotta respawn in Capital(unless Capital is getting raided)/starter area. There are too many bonuses for people to sit on deed and wait for people to come to them. That needs to slowly go away. Otherwise the server as a whole will slowly die out like it is starting to. A lot of people aren’t playing anymore because of content updates not regularly coming to PvP servers, and the PvP side is always what seems like to be getting overlooked. /rant. Just my 2 cents. 

also, bring back off deed minedoors. 

Edited by Carmichael

Over the years the game has gone backwards instead of forward on the PvP side of things. And if most of you can’t see that, you’re literally blind, and playing to your own personal advantage which isn’t helping the game nor helping anyone but yourself for that current streak of victories. 

3 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

Over the years the game has gone backwards instead of forward on the PvP side of things. And if most of you can’t see that, you’re literally blind, and playing to your own personal advantage which isn’t helping the game nor helping anyone but yourself for that current streak of victories. 

That's ironic haha

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joemog said:

That's ironic haha

It’s been the same groups of people that have been playing with/against each other for the past 3-5 years. Nothing has changed, nothing is new here. Like these are serious issues that I can’t be blatantly more obvious about.

Long term reader, first time poster.

From what I've seen thus far, priests need more vast punishment for failure.  The fact that anyone can be Tangleweave'd and just recast again right after makes it un-strategic and spam heavy. (Spam the spell, they'll fail to tangle one of these times!)  Instead the spell should backlash because of the Tangleweave, and take 50% of the favor cost from the person that got interrupted and or put the spell on cooldown or a longer cooldown based on the spell.

Off deed mine hops (especially rock face mine doors) would just make the game worse in my opinion.  There's enough people hiding around in wait as it stands, give them more incentive to hide in a mine long term off deed and you'll have less people willing to go into or toward enemy lands.  I'd say limit it to Mine Doors that are visible and have doors for they can be locked and lockpicked.  Making it so anyone can continue to leave through a mine door with or without permissions.  Adding a small window of enemies able to go into your open door behind you (1-3sec) and I feel it would stop the abuse of the door for a long term uphill fight.

> There are too many bonuses for people to sit on deed and wait for people to come to them. That needs to slowly go away. 

> also, bring back off deed minedoors. 

These two things seem way too contradictory in my opinion.  Especially based on what I've seen from how the community uses Mine Doors.

Edited by M4g1kz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, M4g1kz said:

Long term reader, first time poster.

From what I've seen thus far, priests need more vast punishment for failure.  The fact that anyone can be Tangleweave'd and just recast again right after makes it un-strategic and spam heavy. (Spam the spell, they'll fail to tangle one of these times!)  Instead the spell should backlash because of the Tangleweave, and take 50% of the favor cost from the person that got interrupted and or put the spell on cooldown or a longer cooldown based on the spell.

Off deed mine hops (especially rock face mine doors) would just make the game worse in my opinion.  There's enough people hiding around in wait as it stands, give them more incentive to hide in a mine long term off deed and you'll have less people willing to go into or toward enemy lands.  I'd say limit it to Mine Doors that are visible and have doors for they can be locked and lockpicked.  Making it so anyone can continue to leave through a mine door with or without permissions.  Adding a small window of enemies able to go into your open door behind you (1-3sec) and I feel it would stop the abuse of the door for a long term uphill fight.

> There are too many bonuses for people to sit on deed and wait for people to come to them. That needs to slowly go away. 

> also, bring back off deed minedoors. 

These two things seem way too contradictory in my opinion.  Especially based on what I've seen from how the community uses Mine Doors.

So the state of PvP at the moment is literally two things. 1: Who has more people to fight at the given moment. 2: Who can respawn and re-gear faster from their deed. There is nothing that encourages small scale PvP anymore, even depots/hota being spread out. Everything has turned into a numbers game, and who has the balls to go to someone else's deed to PvP/force PvP, and risk dying because they already have the advantage of being on their deed. To do anything PvP related, a person that wants to find some risks twice as much vs someone who sits on deed and risks nothing, or very minimal. 

On the other side you have 3-4 People in enemy kingdom and hope for a fast esay kill and run away befor reinforcments arive. Its a Tricky balance if you amke it to esay for people to escape unharmd you ahve more Ganking and drive of more new players that are killed for cheap death tabs. On the other side I understnad that its annoing that raiding is now harder but to be fair you need a some waht safe spot. Loosing a fight and basicly be locked out of your deed like you suggest don´t feels right. Maybe we shuld limit the gravestones to only one per person. Like if you die again the first gravestone just pops. So if you just run back into the fight and die again well say good by to at lest the first set of gear. It make a retrive riskyer and reward the fraction that is winning even in a direkt sige. But it also give you the advantage of the existing of a gravestone. Other options could be a withering effekt were the Gravestone timer is reduced by 1 sec for every 1min its allredy standing down to like 10-20 sec or somthign like this (waht make it also more noob frindly its quite annoing to try to snatch your gravestone under the nose of 3 real trolls if you now have to wait 1 min to loot it)

On top of this ther is just no real reason for exploration what reinforces the "hide in the own kingdom" stile. Only after you have the full Kingdom assambled people move out. I never see JK do anithing with less then 10 People to be fair. But this is also true for us in MR we don´t move out becous we knwo we need the numbers and that ther is no real reson to go outside. I think I have some were a suggestion to give us some random evershifting points to capcher that give a kingdom wide skill bonus (so not direkt fight relatet bonus that would maybe shift balance to mutch (on the other hand a Shortswords do more dmg or some ###### like this would maybe shake up the meta :P)) to increes pvp live incentives and are spread enough to make it advnatages for solo/small groups to just rome to cover more ground to find them.

Another thing would be to balance Valerei gods so they’re all equal please. I still see that Magranon is basically going to win majority of the scenarios and receiving bonuses. It should increase the str and everything else when you do missions. Make it strictly mission/karma based.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carmichael said:

Another thing would be to balance Valerei gods so they’re all equal please. I still see that Magranon is basically going to win majority of the scenarios and receiving bonuses. It should increase the str and everything else when you do missions. Make it strictly mission/karma based.

Ok this one i dont get where is Mag stronger? wekll he is a bit now after wining the last Senario but we also had a loose fight against a mutch weeker oponent last round so the whole stats thign is well just increes the chance of wining and you get stronger by doing missions so well yeah MR have done like waht 100 missiosn last Senario and JK feels like maybe 10-15? So of cours Mag wins...

Edited by Radircs

2 hours ago, Radircs said:

Ok this one i dont get where is Mag stronger? wekll he is a bit now after wining the last Senario but we also had a loose fight against a mutch weeker oponent last round so the whole stats thign is well just increes the chance of wining and you get stronger by doing missions so well yeah MR have done like waht 100 missiosn last Senario and JK feels like maybe 10-15? So of cours Mag wins...

Base stats, Mag is stronger than any other god, Mag will beat out any other god in fights because it's base str is 65 vs 60 for Fo, and 50 for Lib. There is no Balance to it at all. The other stats really don't seem to matter when it comes to Valrei

Through science, it has been proven that the Valrei board is biased towards Magranon winning. I think Alexgopen made a few posts on it some time back.

• Like 1