Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Discussion #3

With everyone now battling it out for control of Defiance for a while now it seems a good time for another round of feedback. Feel free to pick and choose which parts you would like to give feedback on. If there are any other topics related to Defiance that are not listed below feel free to bring them up for discussion as well.

Incentives to live on PvP servers

We have seen a lot of concern about people living on PvE servers and only coming to PvP when needed for PvP. Looking for feedback on what might make you more willing to stay on the PvP server instead of living on PvE for the conveniences there.

Off Deed Mines

There has been discussion about bringing back some form of safe off deed hop with restrictions to make them more balanced. We are open to giving this a try, it would likely be a new kind of mine door intended for use in these cases as to not nerf existing off deed mine doors. The idea for making them lock pickable but also having them lock off deed seems like it would work out well but we are open to discussion on what people would like to see. There is also likely to be more strict restrictions on how close these new mine doors can be together to prevent chaining them.

Roaming Inventives

Valrei and missions returning to NFI in the near future so missions should help with this but I understand the desire for reasons to be out raming the world. We will be looking to bring a roaming version of the depo back. What kinda rewards would you like to see? Would it spawning sleep powder be a big enough incentive to go claim them?

Raid Windows

We are looking at adjustments for raid windows, looking for people's feelings on how long they would like raid windows/the cooldown to change it.

Priest Balance

Looking for feedback on how people feel about the balance of priests/spells on the PvP side.

Shield Skill/Creatures

We are currently working on changes for shield skill gains/creature distribution issues and wanted to note that as I am sure it would be on peoples list of feedback. These changes will be live shortly.

Battle Camp Hota

I have not seen much defending of battle camps using the new mechanics so below I copied the patchnotes from them to make sure everyone is more aware of the mechanics.  We are open to feedback on ways to make fighting/defending for control of them a more common event.

• Battle Camp HotA
    • Battle Camps now spawn every 25 hours at random locations on the map.
    • These camps will not spawn in a village, under water, or on extreme slopes (mountains) or close to safe zones.
    • Lurker in the dark will now reveal the direction of 1 nearby battle camp along with its normal 1 nearby enemy player (Distance based on cast power/pendulum)
    • New Battle Camps start neutral, and can be conquered by using an action on it which takes 5 minutes. If a camp is claimed by an enemy kingdom, it must first be neutralized, which takes 5 minutes as well.
    • When four Battle Camps are conquered by a single kingdom, a HotA statue reward is created at the most recently conquered Battle Camp. All four camps that were controlled by the kingdom are removed from the map. Any neutral camps, or camps controlled by other kingdoms, remain in play.
    • Battle Camps have a loot option that lets the owning kingdom loot a lump of moon metal every 24 hours from it with a 5 minute timer to claim it.
    • When a new Battle Camp is created, all other active camps on the server will take 10 damage. When a camp reaches 100 damage, it is removed from play.
    • When a Battle Camp is created, it forms a 40×40 zone around it.
      • Players cannot terraform inside the zone unless they conquer it. When conquered, terraforming slopes are limited to 40 steep.
      • Players cannot create or continue fences inside the zone unless they conquer it and only within the first 5 tiles around the camp. When conquered, locked fences in this 5 tile area will not unlock for enemies when an allied player passes through.
      • Players cannot place mine doors in a Battle Camp zone.
      • Players cannot place deeds or extend deeds into the Battle Camp zone.
      • Players cannot construct or expand buildings into a Battle Camp zone.
      • When the zone is removed all fences in the zone will be deleted regardless of whether they were made before or after the zone.

As usual please keep the kingdom banter out of this thread.

• Like 3

Battle Camp Hota

I have not seen much defending of battle camps using the new mechanics

That's because there's no real reason to. Camps are basically decided by where they spawn (as they can/will often spawn deep into territory). Attempts to capture camps deep in enemy territory only really occurs whenever you're trying to rush multiple for a win (such as by having someone wait at a neutral camp and having another person neutralize another, and then rapidly capturing both.)

Current hota is alright for pvp sometimes, but it's largely RNG based off how many have spawned in who's territory- it's not as cool as the old hota was for having a combined "we pvp now" situation. I'll yoink my suggestion thread here for it.

We have seen a lot of concern about people living on PvE servers and only coming to PvP when needed for PvP. Looking for feedback on what might make you more willing to stay on the PvP server instead of living on PvE for the conveniences there.

There's two groups here- pvpers who grind on freedom, and only come over for pvp, and pver's who haven't come to pvp. Primarily, this discussion is about the first group.

The main reason those people choose to stay on the PvE server is character development- Freedom to follow vynora, have access to Path of Knowledge's level 11 bonus, the ability to easily sell equipment and buy sleep bonus with it (markets are small on pvp servers as most people give each other items for free, in order to make sure their kingdoms are doing well.).

So, if a pvp server is going to be incentivized over pve servers, they need to be able to keep up with the experience bonus- meaning that the vynora bonus, the PoK bonus and the sheer amount of sleep powder you can barter for needs to be accounted somehow.

Stuff like temporary affinities for killing people is a good start but nowhere close to pve (especially since it can be random affinities lol). Here's my suggestions:
1. Sleep bonus being part of the reward for pvp activities. Hotas, any other events that come out, and more bountiful valrei missions would be great; doubly so if it's sleep powder so people can barter/trade that around as well.
2. Affinities don't cross servers, so the abilities to gain permanent affinities via some sort of pvp activity (other than killing people and stealing theirs ofc) would be neat.
3. Grant a general skill bonus to all actions performed outside of starter zones- yes it might mess with balance, but it incentivizes people to play on the pvp server in places that aren't extremely safe, while also avoiding nerfing vynora.
4. Rework path of knowledge entirely- make it grant a skill bonus from the start that slowly scales the higher your path is (all paths should have a passive ability like this tbh, but that's for a different day). Still doesn't help if people want to keep PoK on freedom and a different path on pvp, but it's something.

If character development is just as good on the pvp server as well as the pve server, then pvp mains will stay on the pvp server- simple as that.

Edited by RainRain
More stuff
  • Like 1

Marry me

"In the near future"

"Shortly"

"Soon"

Can't wait!

💕

Edited by Muzukurin

Also, separate post:

I don't know about the other side, but the bait meta is getting really tiring in pvp. You wait around until one side sends in their 1-2 folk and dehorses the other, and then see if everyone commits or not. Do they have 30 people hiding in a cave on the other side of the steppe? 10? How horribly are you outnumbered?

It makes large scale pvp feel like a gamble- the most fun fights i've seen are the ones where the sides are just about equal (and more specifically, small skirmish fights).

Maybe some sort of item that scans a large area (and shows people when you're using it- some sort of local message) and tells you the total number of friendly/neutral/enemy kingdom creatures would be cool. Also could work for finding hunting spots.

38 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Basically, it comes down to economics. Players do not earn currency for playing on Defiance. Instead, they earn moon metal. Moon metal cannot be sold to Freedom, so that's not an option. So essentially every kingdom lives in a communist bubble where everyone is simply supplied with what they need... except sleep bonus.

When you play on Freedom, it's a capitalist system and you can sell excess of whatever you craft to other players in exchange for currency. You can then exchange that currency for sleep bonus. This makes playing on the PvE side far more rewarding as you're skilling twice as fast pretty much permanently.

You need to give sleep bonus incentives for playing on PvP. @BrokenSanitymade a great suggestion post addressing that. HotA wins granting sleep bonus and similar are great ideas. Check out that thread.

42 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Roaming Inventives

Valrei and missions returning to NFI in the near future so missions should help with this but I understand the desire for reasons to be out raming the world. We will be looking to bring a roaming version of the depo back. What kinda rewards would you like to see? Would it spawning sleep powder be a big enough incentive to go claim them?

Simply put, yes. This was tested in WU and supply depots which are easily spotted from anywhere on the map are very high activity PvP zones that can escalate rather quickly. Sleep powder is coveted right now.

44 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Priest Balance

Looking for feedback on how people feel about the balance of priests/spells on the PvP side.

Non-priests need a way to interrupt casts. If that can be provided, then it will be a much healthier state between priest and non-priest. Priests are still better, but at least non-priests will have tools to deal with them at their disposal.

45 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Battle Camp Hota

I have not seen much defending of battle camps using the new mechanics so below I copied the patchnotes from them to make sure everyone is more aware of the mechanics.  We are open to feedback on ways to make fighting/defending for control of them a more common event.

• Battle Camp HotA
    • Battle Camps now spawn every 25 hours at random locations on the map.
    • These camps will not spawn in a village, under water, or on extreme slopes (mountains) or close to safe zones.
    • Lurker in the dark will now reveal the direction of 1 nearby battle camp along with its normal 1 nearby enemy player (Distance based on cast power/pendulum)
    • New Battle Camps start neutral, and can be conquered by using an action on it which takes 5 minutes. If a camp is claimed by an enemy kingdom, it must first be neutralized, which takes 5 minutes as well.
    • When four Battle Camps are conquered by a single kingdom, a HotA statue reward is created at the most recently conquered Battle Camp. All four camps that were controlled by the kingdom are removed from the map. Any neutral camps, or camps controlled by other kingdoms, remain in play.
    • Battle Camps have a loot option that lets the owning kingdom loot a lump of moon metal every 24 hours from it with a 5 minute timer to claim it.
    • When a new Battle Camp is created, all other active camps on the server will take 10 damage. When a camp reaches 100 damage, it is removed from play.
    • When a Battle Camp is created, it forms a 40×40 zone around it.
      • Players cannot terraform inside the zone unless they conquer it. When conquered, terraforming slopes are limited to 40 steep.
      • Players cannot create or continue fences inside the zone unless they conquer it and only within the first 5 tiles around the camp. When conquered, locked fences in this 5 tile area will not unlock for enemies when an allied player passes through.
      • Players cannot place mine doors in a Battle Camp zone.
      • Players cannot place deeds or extend deeds into the Battle Camp zone.
      • Players cannot construct or expand buildings into a Battle Camp zone.
      • When the zone is removed all fences in the zone will be deleted regardless of whether they were made before or after the zone.

This one bothers me the most. When the Battlecamp HotA was first designed, being a temporary deed which slowly collected moon metal was the intended play. Instead, the following adjustments were made that broke their original concept:

• They are removed after X days.
  • They can be found from some absurd distance (100 tiles?) with a pendulum.
  • They announce what sector of the map they are in when they spawn.

The original idea was to make it so that weaker kingdoms would be able to attain moon metal steadily if they properly defended their battle camps. For example, just a week ago, Jenn-Kellon had 2 camps that were located just a few locals from the capital. These could have had fortifications installed to prevent enemy kingdoms from claiming it. Unfortunately, since they are removed after 10 days, there's no incentive for anyone to fortify a battle camp. Instead, the enemy came at off-peak hours and capped both at the same time, winning HotA and removing both from play.

Beyond that, there was two days where I got a group together to go out and find the fourth battle camp as soon as it spawned. On both days, the fourth camp spawned, and the first one was 10 days ago and was destroyed. This felt awful because we got into positions to find and capture all the camps, yet were unable to finish the job since there's no message about a camp expiring either.

The whole concept of removing the camp after some amount of time is the entire reason half the mechanics that were built for them are not used. It needs to be removed. The proper play for a camp is to have it be found in your territory, construct fortifications around it, place a guard tower if possible, then allow the enemy to trap themselves if they aim to claim hota. Stealth traps and so much more interesting ideas can be pulled off if these camps are able to just function as they were originally intended. Beyond that, a powerful kingdom can claim a camp, intentionally not claim HotA, and use it as an outpost for offdeed PvP. There's so many possibilities if they just did not expire.

Beyond that, the rewards could be improved. Moon metal can only be distributed in so many ways. Something a bit more potent that affected the whole kingdom would be nice, such as a Rite-style sleep bonus reward that can be claimed in 24 hours or something.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Remove the incentives to go to pve server:-

Remove all priest restrictions on pvp servers.

Allow rank 11 POK on pvp for the skill gain bonus.

56 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Battle Camp Hota

One of the things lost from the old hota system is a predictable time when enemy would likely be in a certain area. Currently even living in the center of the map, with no Hell horses or unicorn options as mounts it just takes too long to get anywhere. We see an enemy capping in the west, that's a 30+ minute ride even if you know the exact location of the tower and its a 10 mins to cap, the rewards for a single tower cap makes it barely worth doing unless you can manage to cap 4.

As a slight rework of hota here is an idea.

Make just 1 random tower

Give the tower a light. so we know where its at.

Make the spawn a predictable timer like old hota.

To Win you have to cap and hold the cap for 1 hour.

Give us fast mounts, going 25 to 30 km sucks, the lower weight cap of regular horses sucks, the variance in speed due to lower soul strength sucks. I miss my 44 KM rare gear hellhorse.

• Like 1

old hota was significantly worse

I'm not sure if people forget "have a deed on the edge, or don't participate" was the meta.

Much better would be to have a (additional, larger) weekly hota similar to the old mechanics, but randomly spawned similar to rift mechanics of choosing a location.
24hrs prior, the beam spawns showing the area of the hota
on start, hota pillars spawn in an area around the beam

this can be the "larger scale"/worth fighting for hota, continues to incentivize conquest style of gameplay on the server.

Something to consider adding to the depots (or above hota suggestion) that is server specific - affinity orbs. Definitely there's an argument towards "well, i shouldn't have to buy 5 affinities that's not fair" but it's also a reward server specific to defiance that both goes around during PvP, and gives you an advantage for continuous play on said server.
If this is not the play, instead I'd offer the alternative being the underwhelming temporary affinities as if you got a kill.

As far as locate soul goes, the spell has been hit too hard with the nerf bat.
I know the feeling of the enemy instantly knowing when I've left deed, and I don't want that back, but I certainly would like the range to be put back to a usable amount. I don't know the current values, but I feel like it's pretty safe to say double it. It's to the point it's rarely used because of both it's range and reliability.
a 500 tile radius shouldn't break anything, and I am assuming the current radius is 200.

Additionally, a nice QoL change would be if we were able to pull our horse gear from the horse we are riding. With the lack of res stones, I don't see this to be much of an issue.
I don't think horse speeds need touched, there's been quite a bit of smaller scale action that's been a lot more possible because people aren't speeding across the server at mach-5.

If it hasn't already been addressed:
Gravestones sink in the water
The new "priority system" prevents you from sucking a gem if your combat window is open

as a final suggestion, slash the tangleweave cooldown.
I think in the last big fight where we counted tangleweaves, there was something like 40 players involved, and 4 tangleweaves cast.
The cooldown is 5 minutes on a spell that lasts up to 1 minute duration, and it's easily the best counter to AoE heals.

I think the cooldown should be a minute, two max.
For how much of an advantage priests give, it's weird that the best tool to use against priests casting is on such a long cooldown.

Edited by Groot

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

Battle Camp Hota

Honestly the whole system is not that great. The guards do not attack. It needs to have something that keeps someone busy that they can't just sit there and do it solo. Kind of like how raids are send out waves of guards with a tankier guard to be the final boss. After that then you should cap. Or it could be more like a capture the flag type of thing. When you get a camp it gives you an item that overencumbers you that you have to move to a certain  center location. Perhaps even drag something. (Just a weird late night idea)

• Like 1

Why not make it so pendulums pick up and report more than just one person. That would help with fixing bait cancer meta.

Ex: One enemy slightly ahead of you to the right. Two enemies a good ways away to the left. Etc etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Melros said:

Why not make it so pendulums pick up and report more than just one person. That would help with fixing bait cancer meta.

Ex: One enemy slightly ahead of you to the right. Two enemies a good ways away to the left. Etc etc

no it wouldn't

i don't think it would at all; it'd just make people take less fights- though a consumable that gives an exact number also probably wouldn't be good either-

so what if it just gave a rough message for numbers, i.e 1-9 nearby enemies "some enemy presence", 10-19 "enemy presence, 21+ "large enemy presence" for people within ~200 tiles (1 map grid iirc)

addendum: such an item should take a while to shoot up as well, so you can't reliably use it when small groups are roaming- and it should be annoying enough to not have a large stock of them (some alchemical item)

additionally, anyone scanned should get an event tab notification of the fact they got scanned

Edited by RainRain

re: non-priest v priest
give shield bashing a base (~50%) chance to interrupt, even on unsuccessful bashes -> it's a 5 second timer and it's very unreliably used as an interrupt, and in almost every situation worse than just taking your 2h out and trying to either hit them or kill their horse to interrupt via damage.

• Like 1

What if With the battle camps, Winning side all get 1 hour of sleep bonus, Have them pray at a pvp portal so no overflow issues and make it so they needed to be at least on the server.  People who are there at the camps get 2 maybe 3 hours? and they can redeem at a pvp portal also to stop overflow.

That will get people active in it asap.

Hell im betting some pve only guys would come over if they could be active in winning the camp and getting the 2 or 3 hours of sleep.

24 minutes ago, zentil said:

What if With the battle camps, Winning side all get 1 hour of sleep bonus, Have them pray at a pvp portal so no overflow issues and make it so they needed to be at least on the server.  People who are there at the camps get 2 maybe 3 hours? and they can redeem at a pvp portal also to stop overflow.

That will get people active in it asap.

Hell im betting some pve only guys would come over if they could be active in winning the camp and getting the 2 or 3 hours of sleep.

Sadly it encourages zerg mentality. Players will all swarm to one side in order to profit off winning.

2 hours ago, Groot said:

no it wouldn't

K, what's your counter argument? Or is it just "no you"?

1 hour ago, Melros said:

K, what's your counter argument? Or is it just "no you"?

The counter argument is "our entire strategy revolves around the cancer bait meta"

On a more serious note, the biggest thing that should be addressed is keeping players on PvP, which means boiling it down to the roots of it. Sleep powder is king, and on freedom you can snort it constantly, on top of the passive skillgain bonuses. It's suboptimal to live on PvP, and makes no sense that someone that has been here since day one is going to be worse someone that can grind somewhere faster with none of the risk.

I'd say PvP needs to have a flat buff to skillgains across the board to make up for the disparity, possibly one that ramps up over time the longer you stay on Defiance up to a cap. If you use a portal, you either start your passive bonus back from zero or the bonus is paused for a significant period of time depending on how long you stay on PvE.

If you want pvpers to stop living on freedom, remove sleep powder, unlikely to happen due to being the core money sink now and make a ROS cast share cooldowns across all servers so there's no potential to collect 15 hours of ROS and spend all that time grinding there (cross portal shared sleep bonuses addresses this some,)

Adding SB incentives means people just gonna spend more time grinding anyway.. and with the upcoming sleep bonus pool being shared, it would be a bigger problem later just because POK11 and the fact mediation paths are split. Probably something that gets fixed after a meditation rework, a longer term goal.

Would adding an option to offer 4x skillgain at the cost of 4.5x (adjust rate as needed) the sleep bonus rate be healthy? Allows people to drain their sleep bonus quickly and focus on other things. Some abusable things to consider (med ticks).

Edited by Moondevil

6 hours ago, Darklords said:

Off Deed Mines

Roaming Inventives

Priest Balance

Battle Camp Hota

Legit zero reason to live on pvp server beside having a chance to fight someone. Figure out how to get people out in the wild, hence more organic conflict occurs. 

Atm legit no reason not to grind on pve, chance of rare, means more chance to sell it for silver, and thus silver is turned into sleep bonus increasing skill gain. Safer on pve also for skilling weapon skills and sub fighting why risk it when you can do it on pve.

How to make people live on pvp, only reason people play on the  pvp server is for the pvp, so find a way to help more pvp occur, offdeed minedoors is a good first step, small groups go out to roam since they feel safer due to mines they can retreat to, and once they are trapped their allies will come to rescue them and more enemies will converse hence more pvp occurs. 

Off Deed Mines

Cap the ql of the minedoor, suggestion is no higher than 50ql. Make it so this new type of minedoor can't be placed 10 tiles of each other.

Roaming Incentives 

How would the coding for the roaming depo work? 

Priest Balance

Atm firepillar legit feels like a waste of time. It does legit no dmg and isnt rewarding to having a well placed firepillar. Enemies stand on firepillar because it no longer does any dmg so its no longer used as a zoning tool, a core spell for Mag.

Battle Camp Hota 

As a player I never cared about hota, beside the fight, I don't care much for this looking for them ect, I preferred the old system I think the old system was a lot better for early stages of the game. 

Also on the note of hota, no point to really defend them unless you know where all four are and you can claim them, but depending on location of map might just be best to wait for a new one to spawn that might be at a better location.  

7 hours ago, Darklords said:

Battle Camps now spawn every 25 hours at random locations on the map.

27h now, and imho it should just spawn at completely random times, so like 1 camp anytime monday, 1 camp anytime tuesday etc. as it currently is the 4th camp spawns at the same time am/pm every single time (chaos is 9am/pm every time for me) and it's extremely predictable. 

These camps will not spawn in a village, under water, or on extreme slopes (mountains) or close to safe zones.

I've found plenty of camps on the side of mountains so that check isn't working.

Lurker in the dark will now reveal the direction of 1 nearby battle camp along with its normal 1 nearby enemy player

That always hits the first alphabetical camp which is really annoying (or a bug) if 2 are in the area. imho it shouldn't hit both so you can actually stealth trap near them, seeing as you can't make caves in the area you're relying on one already being made in the area.

6 hours ago, Sindusk said:

They can be found from some absurd distance (100 tiles?) with a pendulum.

51] The Battle Camp Champion is rather a long distance away in front of you.  Quite a bit further than that if you get a good cast on a seryll pend

My thoughts on making them more contested

- Death tab when you start conquering/neutralizing instead of at the end, and auto-loot at the end of the conquer, and add a death tab message for looting an already capped camp. Ends up with 5/10 minutes of enemy knowing you're there while cutting out the meaningless waiting without a chance of people coming to pvp, and adds some risk, as people could use capping/looting to bait a fight, or they could get interrupted by a mob if soloing and have to start over. It also gives enemies more time to respond, currently it's 5 minutes they have to find you if you're looting a freshly capped camp, or 0 minutes if you just run off as soon as you cap, making it pretty trivial to sneak a camp even near a enemy deed and run off/stealth/whatever.

- Make the camps stick around after hota is finished, renamed to something else and still give the loot option and be used as a forward operating base for pvp, as sindusk mentioned holding them is pointless as an enemy can just cap it and the entire thing poofs if hota ends. Maybe an option to build a tower on them and they stick around for more time, but are no longer lootable so they're a sort of temporary deed for 30 days or some amount of time you find appropriate. Fix the guards to actually work while you're at it, currently they're just walking medkits if you have LT

- Make the MM from looting build up, so like if it hasn't been looted in 3 days, 3 lumps. unless you're right next to them it's a pain to go across the map to collect them for a single lump, and 0 reason to attempt to hold them unless you're about to win hota, but if they had death tabs, and enemies could see that it hasn't been looted in days and see you're just a MM pinata near their lands

- Allow mine doors in the camp when you change them to be lockpickable/whatever

- Chance for random affinities or shakers or sleep bonus or whatever from looting/winning hota similar to what you're planning with missions would be cool too

4 minutes ago, FireHeart said:

Also wanted to point out that the finger of fo doesnt give a healing debuff it seems.

Only spells and LT do, finger of fo, cottoning, healing naturally, saccing for a heal all don't as healing resistance was added to counter lof/scorn/heal spam.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moondevil said:

If you want pvpers to stop living on freedom, remove sleep powder, unlikely to happen due to being the core money sink now and make a ROS cast share cooldowns across all servers so there's no potential to collect 15 hours of ROS and spend all that time grinding there (cross portal shared sleep bonuses addresses this some, but the POK bonus existing on pve means people will still go there when folks unlock it)

Adding SB incentives means people just gonna spend more time grinding anyway..

Would adding an option to offer 4x skillgain at the cost of 4.5x (adjust rate as needed) the sleep bonus rate be healthy? Allows people to drain their sleep bonus quickly and focus on other things. Some abusable things to consider (med ticks).

honestly a few things went out of whack as far as SB incentives due to the fact that freedom/pvp now share sleep bonus bars actually, so that's something to consider too.
maybe instead of sleep powder/sleep bonus rewards, you gain some sort of experience-related buff for some time that you can activate whenever, that also stacks with sleep bonus? but is only useable on the pvp server, and only gained from it? potentially as well as sp sources

Priest Balance

the game currently has like 3 'default' spell types across the kingom
"spammy" weak spell - rotgut, fireheart, ice shard
"strong" high cost spell - wormbrains, inferno, hypothermia
"weak aoe damage" - firepillar, fungus trap, frost pillar

then we get into more specialized spells, such as light of fo/scorn of libila, which have their own unique uses
light of fo for example directly scales with cast power as far as effectiveness and completely removes wounds, prioritizing largest ones which can turn it into a great turnaround spell
similarly, scorn of libila scales with the number of enemy combatants- with a maximum target limit based off the spell power (and prioritizing NW targets for some reason); this makes scorn much better for large scale pvp, but light of fo better for smaller scale pvp- scorn is also somewhat easier to make use of at low channeling ,with light of fo being better at high channeling

then we have spells like pain rain which are instant aoe damage, tentacles which i honestly have no idea what gap it's trying to fill, being a spell that deals damage over time in an aoe though bypassing armor?

vynora spells overall are much weaker than any other priest, specifically having worse scaling and worse base damage.
mag priests having a passive RNG res-stone effect is also, quite frankly, really lame. mag priests don't suffer from a lot of the anti-caster mechanics either, since most of their boons are passive (+% dmg bonus, +cr,  res stone) and wont be impacted by tangleweave, though their active portions can be
fo priests might be busted tbh but i'll reserve that opinion, they're very strong in combat and have some pretty funny/cool gimmick spells like bearpaws and oakshell
libila priests have this weird combo of really good and really bad spells; drain health is cute for tagging the hurt status on horses due to its 3s cast time, but the health healed is minimal and drain stamina basically shouldn't exist (the only situation i think it might be viable is if like 5 priests drain one dude at a time- but at that point why not just kill him instead). on the flip side, scorn is SUPER good early on. on the non-fighting side botd is self-defeating for gains (for some skills) as it increases skill AND item speed, meaning you'll take more actions over a set period of grinding, which means using up more materials and whatnot to achieve the same skill/minute as someone with coc. essence drain is a joke.

rebirth/dominate are overpowered currently simply due to the fact that people cant handle pets well rn (though they are already falling off in the rising meta of backup horses w/ bardings), but in due time they wont have that much value

my overall view is that most priest spells are actually OK. some are busted and i think we'll start seeing them more in pvp soon once people realize and abuse them- and i'll bet you that you'll see nerfs called.

ultimately, i don't think the aoe spells should get a buff in terms of damage. would be cool if they each had their own alternative effect instead of more damage- as i think we should avoid introducing more spells that can greatly impact battle with a single cast, and more on targeted skills for focus fire and similar situations. Making AOE spells better will just strengthen the need for priests in pvp, which overall feels lame. 

btw all the spells that heal by removing wounds completely ignore the heal resistance system - good job on that.
doesn't work on scorn, so...

Edited by RainRain

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Only spells and LT do, finger of fo, cottoning, healing naturally, saccing for a heal all don't as healing resistance was added to counter lof/scorn spam/heal spam.

Thanks good to know

4 minutes ago, RainRain said:

btw all the spells that heal by removing wounds completely ignore the heal resistance system - good job on that.

Are you saying, healing resistance isnt working?

Just now, FireHeart said:

Are you saying, healing resistance isnt working?

pretty sure it isn't working for any spell that removes wounds outright, at least it doesn't for scorn considering i had 75% heal reduc (15m duration or so) and i still had 3 wounds of 25+ healed, bringing me from near dead to full hp

Just now, RainRain said:

pretty sure it isn't working for any spell that removes wounds outright, at least it doesn't for scorn considering i had 75% heal reduc (15m duration or so) and i still had 3 wounds of 25+ healed, bringing me from near dead to full hp

Ok yeah lol, I was curious how we were getting people to like 25% 3 times and each time they would get healed completely. I wonder if its just from Scorn or if lof also has the same affect.