Sign in to follow this  
SallyIronside

Please fix thatching

You guys set a lot of basic items to 100% creation chance.  For most, that is fine since there are plenty of others items to skill on.  This is not the case for thatching.  For thatching you have only 2 options.  Create thatch or create thatched roofs which you cannot do until 20 thatching skill.  With thatch set to 100% creation chance the skill gains are total garbage.  It will take tens of thousands of thatch to get to 20 thatching and then you will have to make thatched roofs over and over forever to keep raising it.  Please fix this!  Appeasing the new player base by making basic items stupid easy is no excuse to ruin an entire skill.

I let my priestess with skill 1 thatching do a few thatch creations. The leggat, ql68 with woa 80, was not just a grinding tool. After 180 creations, she was at thatching 5.9241184 . Her 180th tick was 0.0276 skill gain.

I then tried to do a few creations at my thatching of 23.96 . 10 creations brought me to 23.98, last tick was +0.0033 , gain of 10 creations +0.014736. Even at that rate, 20 levels would only need about 13.5k creations approximately. All that without CoC, without proper skiller tool, without SB. From 1 on, with SB, it may take something like 500-700 creations to get to 20, less with a CoC tool.

Still takes some time, but not broken at all.After 20, a thatched roof may be imped with planks. Edit: Imped a thatched roof with 10 planks, skill gain +0.061186 to 24.026033 without SB, best single skill gain 0.0079

Edited by Ekcin
addendum

3 hours ago, SallyIronside said:

With thatch set to 100% creation chance the skill gains are total garbage

100% create chance for bulk and stuff has 0 impact on skillgain, creation is just bad for skillgain

• Like 1

Question: Given the numbers ahead, I wonder whether creating thatch would not stay an alternative to improving. Granted, skill gain is over 4 times less at those raw numbers. But planks must be created, and, moreover, my roof ql rose after 10 imps from ql20 to ql43. I doubt that I could imp that roof 10 more times at my level. And planks have to be created, which costs more steps than just grass. A CoC leggat with ql adjusted to the level would allow to grind continuously given there is enough grass available.