Sign in to follow this  
Glynflorel

Pinewood ACTIVE bee hive QL 43

Become an apiarist, farm honey and pimp your farm!

Bees produce honey, which is an ingredient in some cooking recipes.

Bees produce beeswax, which is used in the creation of waxed paper, wax sealing kits, candles, and skull cups.

Bees significantly increase the yield of farm tiles

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Bee_hive

Starting bid: 5s

Min increment: 50c

42 hour auction

1 hour sniper protection 

Pick up location N13 Melody, reachable by boat.
Delivery 1s on Melody, 2s for Harmony and Cadence (coast only). (Delivery price will be added on top of your bid - discount may be given based on actual travel times.)

[03:18:38] An enclosed structure in which some honey bee species of the subgenus Apis live and raise their young. You can barely make out the signature of its maker, '.ly..lore.'. Ql: 43.414383, Dam: 0.0.

timer_1600975404.svg

Bees do not increase farm yield. The. wiki is wrong. 

Why is this so expensive? We have so. many on Defiance they nust lie around in the open free for the taking. 

Do you have data to support that the wiki is wrong or is it anecdotal?  What tests have you run with or without hives?  With or without raking?

• Like 1

Bees do not increase farm yield. The. wiki is wrong. 

There is absolutely no bug report or other evidence to support this claim: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/search/&q=bee&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=28&search_in=titles

Why is this so expensive? We have so. many on Defiance they nust lie around in the open free for the taking. 

Even if this is true (given your other spurious claim), rarity on Defiance is irrelevant as you can't bring them to PvE.

I've not seen any for sale on the PvE server and to the best of my knowledge they are still rare. If the price is too high no one will bid or someone will offer it cheaper, but at the moment there is no precedent to go on and this price reflects the time I spent hunting for a wild hive.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Glynflorel said:

There is absolutely no bug report or other evidence to support this claim: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/search/&q=bee&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=28&search_in=titles

Even if this is true (given your other spurious claim), rarity on Defiance is irrelevant as you can't bring them to PvE.

I've not seen any for sale on the PvE server and to the best of my knowledge they are still rare. If the price is too high no one will bid or someone will offer it cheaper, but at the moment there is no precedent to go on and this price reflects the time I spent hunting for a wild hive.

Just the usual griefers attempting to reduce pricing by false claims about rarity and other aspects of the economy. Grats on the bees, seems like a fair price until a Bee-Keeper gets a lot of hives going. I know a lot of people were asking about them this last week.

Edited by Andru
  • Like 1

I would like to say that bees DO INCREASE my farm yields on Harmony.  I've been getting harvests of up to 12 in a moderately tended farm, on tiles in hive range.  seems to be up to 3 more yield than I get outside of the hive range.  We love bees!

Edit:  I don't know all the specifics on how hive QL and distance form hive, so don't ask me! :)

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 2