Sign in to follow this  
Kingsponge

Unhitch animals individually

So, as someone who will hitch their riding horse to a cart or wagon but then unhitch her to run around to either explore the area I'm in or to head quickly somewhere else (without having to take my cart or wagon) it would be nice if we could select the individual animals hitched to a vehicle and be able to unhitch them instead of only being able to select the vehicle itself and unhitch them all at once. We can do it with hitching posts so why not vehicles 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

You already can, right click an animal while riding it and you can unhitch just that animal... 

8 minutes ago, Grifo said:

You already can, right click an animal while riding it and you can unhitch just that animal... 

I see 🧐

Either way, would be nice to not have to get on the vehicle to do so. Alas, since it's possible this can go ignored then. 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:15 PM, Kingsponge said:

I see 🧐

Either way, would be nice to not have to get on the vehicle to do so. Alas, since it's possible this can go ignored then. 

I still love you Kingsponge! 
And for what it's worth, I didn't realize there was a way to individually unhitch animals either. So thank you for this post, so that I could learn too!!! 

~A💜

• Like 1

In fact, unhitch/lead an individual hitched animal as commander works fine on carts. On wagons, it only reliably works for the first two close to the driver. For the distant two, it works sometimes, especially on slopes, but most times it does not (boring "you are too far" message). I assume it is a side effect of the chaos the devs caused by nerfing access of a lot of stuff from distance. Anyway, it would help a lot to unhitch without embarking as commander. So +1

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

I have not managed to get this to work for me.  Firstly, that bit about needing to be embarked to unhitch was not initially explained to me (but then you need to be standing to hitch, don't you?) but even from the driver's seat I couldn't get it to work (wagon).  Maybe I was only trying it on the lead horses, I can't remember now, but I eventually gave up.  Basically, I keep saddles on all of my horses that I will hitch so I can pretty much do as OP describes - drive out to a location, ride one horse around near that location - without them wandering off.