Sign in to follow this  
Nekojin

A small aesthetics change to reduce misclicks...

When transferring a bulk quantity from player inventory to a container or vice versa (or between certain other containers), it often asks you for a quantity. At the bottom of the quantity list of radio buttons, only a few pixels below, is the OK button. 

There's unused space on that window. Lower the OK button a half-inch, so that there's a gap between the numbers and the OK button, so you don't have the problem of accidentally trying to move 50 Stone Slabs, for example. ;)

Edited by Nekojin
  • Like 4

Agree completely. Half of the time I click on:

Here, I made a quick and sloppy photoshop edit of how it probably should be. 

Spoiler

WdQzvf4.png

Granted, another "\n" at the end, or a simple empty line would space it out more and won't interfere with anyone.

Unrelated to the suggestion, but I still wonder:

How do you misclick twice in a row? You said "..to not accidently move 50..".

That only leaves two options:

• A: You typed in the number you wanted via keyboard, and then moved the mouse to click on the OK button, but you hit the "50" with the first misclick and then misclicked again without checking and hit "OK".
    • Solution: Simply type in the number as before and hit enter, don't use the mouse, so you don't misclick trying to hit OK.
  • B: You clicked on a number in the list, then tried clicking on the OK button, but hit the "50" instead of "OK" - then without checking you clicked OK.
    • There's no solution to that. What if you then misclick "25" instead of "50"? Space that out as well?

Don't get me wrong, the Wurm UI is horribly dated and should receive a full makeover. But misclicking twice and not checking your own inputs is something no UI can safeguard against without hindering "quick" gameplay by introducing something like a cooldown before you can click OK.

also clicking on repair the pointer drops to rename at rifts all the time its annoying as the pointer has a bug im sure of it.

• Like 1

You guys click OK and not hit enter? 

will pass it along

2 hours ago, christopher said:

also clicking on repair the pointer drops to rename at rifts all the time its annoying as the pointer has a bug im sure of it.

I don't think this is a bug, more that some options need to get sent from the server and so the list populates some options and then the server sends others it fits in