Sign in to follow this  
Zalxis

Deed rights not working properly on allied/friends deed

Simple description...

I am currently part of a large deed, that has the rights set to "Does NOT Allow Actions on Allied Deeds".

I tried to load some small crates on a cart, on an allied deed that grated me full rights as special role. It did not work.

GM came to help but there was no way to fix it on spot.

Just a side note. Once again Wurm Online proved me that it has best customer support on any game that I have played. Responsive and very polite. Thanks a lot for that.

try them give you individual role, not the non citizen one, maybe it'll work

I was the GM on the case. They had an individual player role on the deed, but it seemed to be overridden by default non-citizen role. My guess is that the allow allied actions being unchecked was causing the deed to use the non-citizen role instead of the specific one, hence the bug report

its not a bug. The player need both - permissions on allied deed to do certain stuff and have a permission in his own village to do stuff on alliance deeds. Then it works.

regardless what permissions an alliance deed grants him, if his own mayor doesnt permit him doing actions on alliance deed it wont work.

think thats done so the alliance deeds generally set up group permissions on their deeds for the full alliance rather than specific player, so it falls to the village mayor to decide who of his own villagers get to do stuff on alliance and who doesnt.

I am currently part of a large deed, that has the rights set to "Does NOT Allow Actions on Allied Deeds".

The OP states himself, that his mayor doesnt let him do stuff on alliance...

Edited by Skatyna

Correct, but having the deed set individual permissions for him specifically, should bypass his own deed not allowing allied actions. In other words, it should not treat him as a non-citizen, if they have a role specifically for him.

To put this yet another way, if I set deed permissions on my deed for a player specifically, it should not matter if that player is in my alliance, another alliance, or not in a deed at all. It should allow him to do exactly what I have given them permission to on my own deed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skatyna said:

its not a bug. The player need both - permissions on allied deed to do certain stuff and have a permission in his own village to do stuff on alliance deeds. Then it works.

regardless what permissions an alliance deed grants him, if his own mayor doesnt permit him doing actions on alliance deed it wont work.

think thats done so the alliance deeds generally set up group permissions on their deeds for the full alliance rather than specific player, so it falls to the village mayor to decide who of his own villagers get to do stuff on alliance and who doesnt.

Mayor on Deed One can set the rights for that specific deed. Mayor on Deed Two can decide otherwise, even if it is part of same alliance. Hence he set up a special role. Point is that Mayor One cannot decide who does what on Deed Two. He owns the village not the villagers. At least that is how I see it.