Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Balance of religions for PvE followers

58 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

1km/h on a horse is nothing, my horse can go up to around 47km/h max and my hellie can get 55km/h. even with a 5 speed with 70/70 gear its still around 35km/h or so, so like 3%. compared to 2x damage, 2.5% less reduction on armor is also nothing. Even if you're giving mag 2x damage on his swings, the dual wielding will be a lot stronger due to the two weapons with parry rate. "two tiles range" is a pretty meaningless buff when the longbow at high skill can hit until about 40 tiles.

Then this disadvantage on horse riding should be % value not fixed to be balanced.

58 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

When you're at 0 favor, the next regen tick in 5 seconds regenerates like 7 favor. you will quite literally regenerate favor faster than you can use it no matter what type of action you are doing, not to mention followers can still sacrifice and use gems to regenerate favor.

So maybe this tick should also be changed? Like after using actions that burn favor on followers next regen tick is 20 minutes after action is finished.

5 minutes ago, nitram20 said:

But lorewise Fo is a tree and nature loving hippy, and followers being able to do special stuff exclusive to said follower that priests cant doesnt make much sense. 

Ok ok, changed that. Happy?

1 hour ago, Nekojin said:

This is a Gish Gallop, and not worth the time to try to argue the individual points, because he'll just pivot to other gish-y galloping.

I would really like if you would focus on my idea and arguments instead of me and my "style of making discussion".

Edited by Darnok

5 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Ok ok, changed that. Happy?

Not really no. Maybe if you stopped making suggestions

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

I would really like if you would focus on my idea and arguments instead of me and my "style of making discussion".

My calling your suggestion a Gish Gallop means that each of your little ideas are at least a little bit bad, and both trying to tackle them individually and trying to tackle them all as a single article will be something that is far more work and effort for us to do, than you've put into your suggestions. And no matter how people critique it, you'll find some other petty way to reject those criticisms - easy for you, hard for us.

So, no. I'm not going to try to tackle your absurd suggestions any more until you demonstrate that you actually understand what you're talking about, and have given some time and effort into considering how it connects into the game as it currently exists.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hayzues said:

seems like the masses have spoken.

So was the cheater. Who trick people into buying and then give up without a word. Thank you now I'm sure you did it on purpose.

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

This game has no depth

This is probably more egregious than claiming the game is still in beta.  

It's just....  I.... you...   oh, nevermind.  

Can I just say that I absolutely love that you are suggesting ideas that you genuinely believe will improve the game, many people here seek the same goal of improving how they play the game and how the game flows. 

That said, I'd like to remind you of a few things:

1) This game is NOT in beta, being an MMORPG, updates have been occurring steadily for the past 14 years (minus a few summers) and the game is incredibly deep and complex. 

2) I can see by the creation date on your account that you are a new player, and you are bringing a fresh perspective on things, which is great! But please PLEASE remember, you are incredibly new to this game, and most likely to the concept of a true sandbox game. Many games that claim to be "sandboxes" are actually hybrids of curated experiences like WoW with some customisation elements included. Please spend time getting to know how things work, how the game flows and what has been done in the past. 

I see many players taking the time to point out issues or flaws with your ideas, or simply explain how what you suggest is already in. I know you are wanting the best for this game, but this is a game that allows people to play their way too. not force styles of play or actions. 

Keep playing, keep reading the wiki and suggestions, and keep asking questions! Just please refrain from attacking people who disagree with your views 

• Like 3
  • Cat 3

Really just unnecessary overcomplicated min maxing which I don't belive it has place in sandbox game. I'm strongly against any serious bonuses-restriction packets and classlike choosings (it's bad that we already have some, but to even further deepen them would be terrible thing which would suck out fun of this game).

The thing about Wurm that is unique is that you can be anything you wanna be if you put enough time in it and i would like it to stick to that philosophy more. Some of you don't agree and for some reason unknown to me want to complicate our lives with stupid restrictions. I seriously don't see a reason that in order to be most successful butcher i have to hinder myself some other thing like imping wooden things...

23 hours ago, Darnok said:

So was the cheater. Who trick people into buying and then give up without a word. Thank you now I'm sure you did it on purpose.

huh....?

edit: if you're the guy that had that leather set and logged off leaving me wondering if you were going to send it or not..... go ahead send it, ill buy it. I don't want you having jack to hang over my head.

Edited by Hayzues