Sign in to follow this  
Reskal

Using WO-name at steam-WO ?

Hi there,

i actually tried to make a new char in steam-WO, to see how it is but i got a message, that my name is not linked with Steam or something, so i could play my old WO-char from the steam-WO ?

I googled but i found nothing how to link my char(s) to the steam-WO, can someone explain me ?

I don't need to play my old chars in Steam-WO if its not working, but it would be nice if i could use my old nicknames

Some confusion to clear up for you as well technically speaking there is no "steam-wo" its just normal wurm released on steam and a new cluster released to celebrate the launch and to throw all the new people onto there because of the influx of players both steam and standalone can play on both clusters and are for better or worse the same game same login server too(hence why you cant use the same name) and you can also pm people from the other cluster just not mail stuff to each other or sail across

• Like 2

To make it simple, if you used the game through Steam to create a character, it'll always have to be played using the Steam release of the Wurm Online client.

If you created a character using the stand-alone Wurm Online client (that doesn't use Steam), you'll always need to use that to play that character.

Part of the reason is using the Steam version ties your Steam-ID to the character, using the standalone WO client has you use a password instead.

And yeah, the two different Freedom Isles clusters (North and South) aren't tied to either one of the versions of the client.  You can generate a character and choose a server with either.

• Like 1

Yeah i tried that, wanted to remake this elf, but unfort she was sleep for almost a year and didnt get deleted. So i couldnt think of a name for Steam, i will stick with my original elf then.

I would love to have all my games playable via steam but to start a new character for that..well i better use the good old wurmclient then.

One thing, though, both clients reference the same login settings.  By that I mean that whatever character I logged in as last time will show up in the dialog box the next time I log in, even if I use the other client.  As I have one of each and they have very similar names, this is a bit of a pain.