Sign in to follow this  
Papotar

Extended Deed problem.

Hello,
We extended our deed area 15 days ago and an unfinished building was there. Impossible to do anything tonight with this building (destruction, demolition) and its wear rate is only 11 in 15 days (on average). The problem with us is that we want to expand south, but we have this message related to this construction. :
[08:32:17] You need to have manage permissions for the structure Bri's House to found the settlement here.
Difficult to wait more than 3 to 4 months for the construction to disappear before expanding. What do we have to do ? thank you and have a nice day

That is how the game mechanics are working. You cannot extend over structures in other players' ownership without having build or manage building permissions (not sure which one, manage is the more powerful one) granted by the owner. This may of course be inconvenient and clash with some deed plans. But it also protects offdeed squatters from being disowned by deeding over forcing both sides to negotiate. No structure can be put into perimeter more than 2 tiles. So deed expansion stops here. On the other hand, a structure in somebody else's perimeter can neither be extended nor repaired so it will eventually vanish.

To resolve, best try to contact that Bri player ingame in case s/he is still playing. As I understand you are playing on NFI servers maybe drop a posting in the NFI section of the forums asking that player for contact.  Else, though it may be disappointing for you, waiting some months is indeed the way to go. Once a player did not login for 3 months on the server in question, the structure will rot away in a couple of days.

Edited by Ekcin
addendum
  • Like 1

The decay speeds up a bit if they player isn't logging in. If they are logging in regularly, that causes decay to take longer. Your best option is to try to contact the player. Otherwise, especially if it is a low quality building, it won't take terribly long to fall to pieces.

the player has quit the game and the breakdown is 1 per day !!!! 80 days for the house to disappear and therefore impossible to expand during this period

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit - autotranslation

I'm sorry you're frustrated. None of this game is instant gratification. So long as the building is in your perimeter, the player can't return and repair the building, so it will decay in time.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

32 minutes ago, Papotar said:

the player has quit the game and the breakdown is 1 per day !!!! 80 days for the house to disappear and therefore impossible to expand during this period

Decay ramps up as damage increases, i'd say closer to 35 days for it to be gone. Unfortunately there's no way for the game to tell if someone quit or they're taking a short break so it's gonna be lenient on decay.

We are a little frustrated, but this does not diminish our pleasure of playing, and we will change our strategy to continue our small village producing wood of all kinds Thank you :)

Thank you

Note may be that if the player has more subscription and active deed, it shows that he has left the game right ???

Edited by Papotar
Moderation edit - autotranslation

The only thing qualifies a player as active is logging in. Even if they have paid premium for a year, if they don't log in they are not active.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

15 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

The only thing qualifies a player as active is logging in. Even if they have paid premium for a year, if they don't log in they are not active.

To add that, it qualifies active only when logging in at the server in question. Even if that player went to cadence or defiance, and is logging in daily there, her structures will go on decaying and speed up a lot after 3 months. Only on deed structures will only start taking damage once upkeep fund dropped below 30 days.

I believe extending your perimeter over the house will increase decay (I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure I remember it being this way). As well, as soon as one wall decays completely, I think you could then destroy the rest manually with a large mail or other tool of your choice.

38 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

I think you could then destroy the rest manually with a large mail or other tool of your choice.

Why did I immediately think "let's use Rex's head."?