Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Skill gain as upkeep

I noticed a lot of deeds that are completely empty and only serve to block other players from accessing resources. In PvE this is probably an abuse because you cannot defend yourself against such behavior?

The solution to this problem is to change the upkeep system.

The cost of expanding and creating a deed may still be based on silver, but its upkeep should be the skill value we have earned by doing various work on our deed or perimeter. In this way deeds used only to block resources for other players will disappear very quickly. In this way, the size of the deeds of individual players and villages would be proportional to the activity of the members of those villages.

3 minutes ago, GroeneAppel said:

<sarcasm>

Now now. This person pays with real money so they are ENTITLED to see your skills but you paying for your deed with real money doesn't entitle you to keep it. It's logical. Right? RIGHT?

</sacrasm>

• Like 8

This sounds terrible.

You keep speaking of "resources" as if they were so rare and precious.

Hint: they aren't. 

• Like 1

no -1

why(Do I owe you explanation?).. you don't have explanation why this is good or how it could improve anything

your ideas are chaotic random nonsense usually, you do not explain why and how something could be a good addition, you just suggest weird stuff that just cause nonsense damage to current play.

it's insane to think somebody wants to +1 this

you must really not value your money or your time if you want to pay with both for pixel land in limbo

• Like 1

Sorry this just sounds stupid, if I pay for my deed I should not be forced to do a damn thing on it if I don't want to. Not to mention this kind of ruins anyone if they wanted to take a break from the game they would either have to login in every so often to do something to manage the upkeep or lose their deed simply because they burnt themselves out...

Your suggestions are on fire man, might as well just tell the Devs to burn down the server rooms or tell them to make every tile on the servers into Lava Tiles or some ######.

• Like 1

How about you start play the game a bit and stay of suggestion untill you found out what game you play .)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Finnn said:

no -1

why(Do I owe you explanation?).. you don't have explanation why this is good or how it could improve anything

your ideas are chaotic random nonsense usually, you do not explain why and how something could be a good addition, you just suggest weird stuff that just cause nonsense damage to current play.

it's insane to think somebody wants to +1 this

you must really not value your money or your time if you want to pay with both for pixel land in limbo

I do explain, you just don't read it or can't imagine how it would improve PvE gameplay 😉

I value both and this is why I believe active players should be able to expand their villages and less active players should be forced to downkeep to maintain their upkeep.

And you could still take a break from playing, you just need to accumulate a lot of "skill gain" in your upkeep before that.

Edited by Darnok

So lets recap, just in case i got the idea wrong;

You propose that the company that makes Wurm to remove the ability for me to pay €1000 every month for the deed upkeep which goes directly to them, paid for years upfront. 

In return i get to have to be chained to the game and gain skills while having most of them at 100.

The benefit being that you get to get rid of one deed that stops you from expanding from 1s/month upkeep to 1.1s/month upkeep.

Is this correct?

smallprint: some numbers might be exaggerated 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Locath said:

So lets recap, just in case i got the idea wrong;

You propose that the company that makes Wurm to remove the ability for me to pay €1000 every month for the deed upkeep which goes directly to them, paid for years upfront. 

In return i get to have to be chained to the game and gain skills while having most of them at 100.

The benefit being that you get to get rid of one deed that stops you from expanding from 1s/month upkeep to 1.1s/month upkeep.

Is this correct?

smallprint: some numbers might be exaggerated 

They can raise the cost of the deed extension or the premium cost. So that, from the point of view of their and my finances, it would be the same balance.

2 minutes ago, Darnok said:

They can raise the cost of the deed extension or the premium cost. So that, from the point of view of their and my finances, it would be the same balance.

So every person who lives off-deed (and every other player) has to pay more because you have a deed in your way?

Wait 'till you hear about the possibility to move and expand as much as you want!

4 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Also, in order to balance my Ankh-Morpork (one of my 6 deeds) upkeep  i would have to pay a premium of over €100 every month AND grind skills to keep any deeds i own, even though i use wurm as a chat engine?

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

you just don't read it or can't imagine how it would improve PvE gameplay

And you clearly cannot imagine how it would be detrimental to the people just logging in for a few things at a time to relax. This is what most PvE is about outside the 6-12 people spamming trade chat. If you're looking to "compete" for resources and want to make suggestion based on that competition, PvP is over there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Flubb said:

And you clearly cannot imagine how it would be detrimental to the people just logging in for a few things at a time to relax. This is what most PvE is about outside the 6-12 people spamming trade chat. If you're looking to "compete" for resources and want to make suggestion based on that competition, PvP is over there.

PvE is much more harsh when it comes to race for resources, since the bigger wallet wins and no matter how strong you get you can't stop this even if this guy is going for half year break, resources are still locked. What is the point in game like that?

I don't get what your magical issue with this race for resources is.

I've never seen or heard someone make up so much ###### to win their posts over.

This games had thousands of players and yet somehow you're the only person with this problem and you refuse to even listen to a word anyone is saying.

Instead of acting like a tard go play the game, you might actually learn something about it, as clearly you know nothing about wurm judging by your posts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SirJadyn said:

I don't get what your magical issue with this race for resources is.

I've never seen or heard someone make up so much ###### to win their posts over.

This games had thousands of players and yet somehow you're the only person with this problem and you refuse to even listen to a word anyone is saying.

Instead of acting like a tard go play the game, you might actually learn something about it, as clearly you know nothing about wurm judging by your posts.

I have a problem with people who are inconsistent. In one post they say that PvE is not a race for materials, and in the second that they have 6 deeds.

5 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I have a problem with people who are inconsistent. In one post they say that PvE is not a race for materials, and in the second that they have 6 deeds.

Privacy.

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

I do explain, you just don't read it or can't imagine how it would improve PvE gameplay 😉

I value both and this is why I believe active players should be able to expand their villages and less active players should be forced to downkeep to maintain their upkeep.

And you could still take a break from playing, you just need to accumulate a lot of "skill gain" in your upkeep before that.

If you see the only local tar/peat/clay penned by deeds that do not seem to use them, maybe raise the topic in town square as trolling, and such, and ask for measures or new rule for such 'fun' activities.. but taking a dino poo on everybody just for the troll move of 1 or 2( IF THAT IS EVEN THE CASE ), SOUNDS DUMB, don't you agree?

Pick better methods to handle issues, solve them, do not create bigger ones to fight small inconveniences.

Even at low skill on your own you can make tar/clay/peat on your deed if you want, takes a few metal lumps and some fruit juice.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Transmutation_liquid_(Feature)

• Like 3

Hah so make a company give up on a big part of their income and chain people to the game or risk loosing what they worked on? ya that was tried before in now defunked games where everyone left after a while because maintenance required slaving away doing menial tasks instead of enjoying the game

You need a fun gameplay loop to keep people interested and mechanics that expand on it and keep it engaging and well wurm already struggles with that for the average player who plays games now a lot so why introduce something exactly opposite of that in the first place?