Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Enchanted items

Reduction to 50% of spell power for followers of another religion.

Increase the spell power of an enchanted item by 200-300% if it is used by a follower of the religion from which the spell originates, but each use lowers the favor of the item user and when it drops to zero the spell power drops to the current value.

It would make Vynora + COC way too overpowered for skilling.

Currently, there's already not much reason for PvE players to be a follower of any other religion, except in very specific situation. So, nope from me..

This would be devastating for the existing balance and economy alike.

I won't even start on how this affects pvp. Please think these things through.

9 minutes ago, MobFood said:

It would make Vynora + COC way too overpowered for skilling.

Currently, there's already not much reason for PvE players to be a follower of any other religion, except in very specific situation. So, nope from me..

This was supposed to be my next suggestion. Balance of religion.

You have great arguments 🙂

Just because the game is unbalanced and one religion is extremely useful doesn't mean the idea is bad, it means you need to improve your religion balance.

9 hours ago, Darnok said:

Reduction to 50% of spell power for followers of another religion.

You're the personification of getting a rare roll when you're chopping vegetables.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

You have great arguments 🙂

Just because the game is unbalanced and one religion is extremely useful doesn't mean the idea is bad, it means you need to improve your religion balance.

Useful suggestions involve looking at a problem with the game as it is, and finding ways to improve it for the entire game. This suggestion is tantamount to saying, "Yeah, it's broken, so let's break it even worse, then we can fix it later!" That is not a useful suggestion. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nekojin said:

Useful suggestions involve looking at a problem with the game as it is, and finding ways to improve it for the entire game. This suggestion is tantamount to saying, "Yeah, it's broken, so let's break it even worse, then we can fix it later!" That is not a useful suggestion. 

Some things cannot be repaired without tearing down some existing walls. If you want a system that works, you can't tweak the features by the level of "painting the wall", sometimes things have to be redesigned from scratch. Wurm is a good example of how many years of patching holes ends, without making a decision to change larger part of the project. There is a lack of consistency at every step, because it is a leftover after something, but since the players got used to it, it stayed that way.

Edited by Darnok

You're not entirely wrong in your reasoning, but your approach is a way to break a game beyond repair, not a way to patch the holes. A game that's active is a boat on the ocean, not a house. You're trying to sink the boat, not mend it, even if you're not aware that's what you're doing.

Edited by Nekojin

16 hours ago, Darnok said:

The problem with this suggestion is it would likely to push most of the pve playerbase to vynora hugely devaluing other priests who already have a smaller set of desirable spells. You would need to bundle this with a full religion rework not do it before. Also religion is something people often pick up early on and although you can change on a cooldown it would feel pretty bad to mag because it sounded like the fighter to find out that you are missing out on up to 180% more skill in your example. It seems that most people on pve are already vynora because of the skill bonus, why would you increase that in the name of balance?

1 hour ago, Lethyria said:

The problem with this suggestion is it would likely to push most of the pve playerbase to vynora hugely devaluing other priests who already have a smaller set of desirable spells. You would need to bundle this with a full religion rework not do it before. Also religion is something people often pick up early on and although you can change on a cooldown it would feel pretty bad to mag because it sounded like the fighter to find out that you are missing out on up to 180% more skill in your example. It seems that most people on pve are already vynora because of the skill bonus, why would you increase that in the name of balance?

Good, then maybe devs wakeup and fix religion balance.

Definitely a big fat -1 from me, as well. Enchantments don't need to be any more complicated than they are.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Darnok said:

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

Good, then maybe devs wakeup and fix religion balance.

Its hard to convince people of your idea if your way of fixing things is by making the existing imbalance exponentially worse, and hoping that the resulting mess will attracts the devs' attention to overhaul the supposed imbalance..

You cannot both ask for a religion balance, and at the same time ask for a major boost to the already by-far most popular religion...

for the love of god will you just stop suggesting. you spam forums with your posts and every one of them is utterly ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

20 hours ago, kochinac said:

for the love of god will you just stop suggesting. you spam forums with your posts and every one of them is utterly ridiculous.

Nobody is forcing you to read them.

21 hours ago, MobFood said:

Its hard to convince people of your idea if your way of fixing things is by making the existing imbalance exponentially worse, and hoping that the resulting mess will attracts the devs' attention to overhaul the supposed imbalance..

You cannot both ask for a religion balance, and at the same time ask for a major boost to the already by-far most popular religion...

I can, I just did that. My idea would be great if religions would be balanced, fact that now they are not balanced only aggro short not very smart and short-sighted people, but their opinion is not important.

Just now, Darnok said:

Nobody is forcing you to read them.

Nobody is forcing you to write them either... You posted enough suggestions to draw conclusions how other think about your ideas. Don't get what you think you'll achieving by suggesting even further with your nonsence ideas...

• Like 1