Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Trade channel change

Basically every good crafter uses a second account to trade.
Either change the "trade" channel so that only premium ones can post WTS ads there, or give option to choose a nickname for everyone who writes on this channel so that you don't have to reveal the character name.

17 minutes ago, Darnok said:

is that a problem let alone something that happens a lot?

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:
20 minutes ago, Darnok said:

This is based on a sample size of one.

Most good crafters take pride in being recognized.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Yes it is problem for me. I don't understand why people hide behind other characters. But if they want to do it ok, just that this feature should also be available to players using the steam client.

1 minute ago, Darnok said:

I don't understand why people hide behind other characters

Currently on the pvp servers and can't access trade chat without an alt

Separating personal pm's from trade pm's

Sleeping in a bed for sleep bonus while not playing but still accessing trade via alt

Most form of traders rely on return buyers and hiding behind alts or nicknames wouldn't be beneficial for them, a large majority of the playerbase has premium alts so a premium requirement does nothing, i'm not really sure why you'd want a nickname thing if the problem is that people are hiding behind other names? What does this suggestion supposed to solve?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Currently on the pvp servers and can't access trade chat without an alt

Separating personal pm's from trade pm's

Sleeping in a bed for sleep bonus while not playing but still accessing trade via alt

Most form of traders rely on return buyers and hiding behind alts or nicknames wouldn't be beneficial for them, a large majority of the playerbase has premium alts so a premium requirement does nothing, i'm not really sure why you'd want a nickname thing if the problem is that people are hiding behind other names? What does this suggestion supposed to solve?

A free accounts that are selling weapons or armors at 80ql, you see nothing wrong with that?

In my opinion, either such action should be harder for everyone or everyone should have easy access to such a feature.

Just now, Darnok said:

A free accounts that are selling weapons or armors at 80ql, you see nothing wrong with that?

Judging by the weaponsmithing being that high already i would assume thats a pvper using an alt to trade while they on defiance and not someone hiding behind another account. They're literally forced to do this to reach people since they don't get access to freedom trade chat on defiance. I don't see anything wrong with it. You can already run multiple clients on steam.

• Like 1

being able to make 80QL gear is feasable at this point .  I could have by now if I hadnt picked a huge terreforming project

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Judging by the weaponsmithing being that high already i would assume thats a pvper using an alt to trade while they on defiance and not someone hiding behind another account. They're literally forced to do this to reach people since they don't get access to freedom trade chat on defiance. I don't see anything wrong with it. You can already run multiple clients on steam.

No that is on PvE server.

1 minute ago, Darnok said:

No that is on PvE server.

im aware, they use the alt to trade chat on pve server while their main is on the pvp server and when they get an order they hop their main over and do the crafting. i don't see why you think this is a problem?

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

21 minutes ago, Darnok said:

In my opinion, either such action should be harder for everyone or everyone should have easy access to such a feature.

what the hell are you saying? how to do know this are free accounts? and even if they are, what diferent does that make? if i have 0 blacksmithing skill and sell 90ql tools for someone else, who cares? people sell for others on their deeds all the time.

what is the problem?

-1 to your idea.

However you are describing something that can be considered a valid problem.

Namely: It would be nice for crafters to have a way to properly keep trade and private seperate.

Currently the only way for crafters to advertise is by forum, ingame sign & merchants and by trade channel.

Perhaps another way is needed if more people feel that way, since using alts for everything gets old and has downsides.

21 minutes ago, GroeneAppel said:

-1 to your idea.

However you are describing something that can be considered a valid problem.

Namely: It would be nice for crafters to have a way to properly keep trade and private seperate.

Currently the only way for crafters to advertise is by forum, ingame sign & merchants and by trade channel.

Perhaps another way is needed if more people feel that way, since using alts for everything gets old and has downsides.

Exactly, there are spells that allow you to send packages, maybe spells that will allow you to send offers, or some marketplace in the form of a building where you post your advertisements. Then trade hubs would bring together all the players in the area to see what is for sale or what they can sell.

1 some do it because their main is sketchy dirtbag for one or another reason and you'd not trade with it otherwise...

2 most common... I'd imagine.. you don't want to play your main and do w/e as you keep getting pm's for stuff to get imped, or mailed over(bought from you), some sent to you to improve..(while you're on another server for event or w/e), mailing system is craB when it comes to retrieving these items on your home server later..., it's much easier to sort it all on an alt that else does nothing but receive the 'business correspondence'.

In case of 1st reason.. you just do or don't trade with the alt random name.. not a big deal.

In the 2nd case... obviously.. several reasons to not use your main.

i've ignored the alt/s of bunch of the else nice people... who just overdo it and spam their trade chat line every 5min because... lulz it 'helps', helps to get 'ignored' for sure... if you read same thing every 5-15min.. you tend to get sick of it...

ignoring the alt lets you interact with the main just fine; * ignore prevents you to read messages from the character in local/village/alliance/gl/freedom/trade, you can still see text from it in ca-help, which is usually unlikely place to see an alt