Sign in to follow this  
Hanel

Never Night

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I mean, at some point this is going to wind up in woodscraps as it's more of a discussion about monitors than the game

Well ya because the issue at hand is a wurm issue but caused by monitors being different and interpreting what is "dark" and what is "pure black" differently but in the end still a wurm thing ;)

18 minutes ago, wipeout said:

Well ya because the issue at hand is a wurm issue but caused by monitors being different and interpreting what is "dark" and what is "pure black" differently but in the end still a wurm thing ;)

I remember back in the day it was so dark you couldn't see anything at night without a lantern and monitors didn't matter then either. It was the same for everyone so the only way to make it lighter was to change gamma. I don't want to see it that dark and since there are three moons pitch black wouldn't really fit. But it shouldn't look like a cloudy day either. If it's like that then why even have lamps except in caves. Something between the pitch black it used to be and the cloudy day it is now would be good. I'm sure a lot of the people from a few years ago remember some of the cool deeds all lit up with great looking lamps. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanel said:

I remember back in the day it was so dark you couldn't see anything at night without a lantern and monitors didn't matter then either. It was the same for everyone so the only way to make it lighter was to change gamma. I don't want to see it that dark and since there are three moons pitch black wouldn't really fit. But it shouldn't look like a cloudy day either. If it's like that then why even have lamps except in caves. Something between the pitch black it used to be and the cloudy day it is now would be good. I'm sure a lot of the people from a few years ago remember some of the cool deeds all lit up with great looking lamps. 

Oh i know i dont want to go back to the days of "hey its kinda dark" "what you mean its kinda dark its pitch black" "not for me" convo's either :P but yes wurm used to be really dark for most people and that wasnt that great what they have now needs to be tweaked more for sure but its getting there slowly but still fog needs to come back first :( i miss fog and the other thing they need to bring back is the lower half of trees on the lowest of settings >.> can kinda see through trees when trees are nothing but *'s for model shape on modern renderer

Yes fog in spring and fall would be nice to see again. Miss that too.

Midnight in game and the sun is still reflecting off the sides of buildings. Must be above the Arctic Circle. 😄

So part of the problem might be that the setting sun is still reflecting off objects at midnight and the rising sun is reflecting off objects a 2 a.m. So it's always either dusk or dawn and never night.

Edited by Hanel

00:48:38 Wurm time. The rising sun is beginning to reflect off the North and West side of buildings. 

49240F3C6B3548A6BC3414DC50DA713BBC12C0ED

Edited by Hanel