Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

fruit wines

While there are abundance of fruits and berries, there are only grapes and apples from which one is able to ferment wines. From the rest, only fruit-ades like lemonade, orangeade etc. are possible. One should be able to ferment all fruits to get fruit wine from.

• Like 3

yes!!!!
and, orange + fruit + red wine + sugar (optional: herbs/spices) = Sangria, b.tches!!!
plus.... fruit + honey + water = flavored mead
(also works with veggies, herbs/spices & aromatics! pumpkin mead, ginger mead, lavender mead, etc.)

we can do this with gin... we want wine and mead and Sangria!!! 
FERMENT ALL THE THINGS!!

l_17788_wine-aroma-chart.jpg

• Like 2

Yes please!

I am only just getting into the beverage skill after all these years playing and am loving it.

The cooking possibilities are in my opinion a really enjoyable part of Wurm and anything that builds on related skills would be a bonus. 

In real life you can make wine with many plants such as nettle- now that wine  is really strong.

Ingredients

1 nettle

1 gallon (using measurer)water

2 kg sugar

juice of one orange

juice of one lemon

Or perhaps Parsley wine?

Ingredients

8 – 10 parsley leaves 

Bottle of red or white (using measurer)wine 

Two tablespoons (using measurer) wine vinegar

¾ cup (using measurer) honey

We could maybe find a way to create yeasts in Wurm as well? Maybe using different mushrooms and sugar? Just a thought!

I have a little experience brewing IRL in my room. Water + honey + various berries mashed up in a fermenting container = mixed berry mead, or melomel. 

There are all sorts of combinations you should be able to make. Allowing more affinity combinations by adding other ingredients to the wine barrel would be good too. 

Side note here - if you want to go for realism, drinks like cider and mead improve with time as well. If I start drinking mead straight away it will be cloudy and the yeast in it can effect the taste and feel of the drink. IRL there are ways to speed this up (cold crash, finings, filters) but Wurm only lets you wait. 

• Like 3

Im still upset I cant make pineapple booze of any kind! We have pineapple let us use it

More variety is always welcome. 

+1 

Edit: @Eleraan: I've seen several mentions of pineapple, but there's no Wurmpedia entry for it. If you know how to make them, could you correct this Wiki injustice, please? 

Edited by Nekojin

Coconuts are another fun one. Im mass producing rum atm 9 barrels fermenting as we speak lol

• Like 2