Sign in to follow this  
Tespa

Balance Rite casting frequency

Something needs to be done to balance the distribution of Rite casting on the Northern Freedom servers. Either some period of cooldown, or a shared pool or cast across the servers. Players shouldn't get such a massive SB advantage just for living on a larger, more populated server.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tespa said:

Players shouldn't get such a massive SB advantage just for living on a larger, more populated server.

Why not? You could always just sail over during the 24 hour window and pray there to get the sleep bonus, if you don't want to live there permanently.

5 hours ago, John said:

Why not? You could always just sail over during the 24 hour window and pray there to get the sleep bonus, if you don't want to live there permanently.

Actually, there's a great solution. Just make it so everyone has to sail to a different server to claim the bonus.

47 minutes ago, Tespa said:

Actually, there's a great solution. Just make it so everyone has to sail to a different server to claim the bonus.

"Just make ###### tedious for everybody" 

Yes, what a great solution.

1 hour ago, Tespa said:

Now thats a Troll-reply....

I assume the last two reply are coming from players that live on the server where they do not have to sail to get the benefit of rites. Now that is a bias reply. "Tedious for other is fine... as long as it does not become tedious for me."

18 minutes ago, Zalxis said:

I assume the last two reply are coming from players that live on the server where they do not have to sail to get the benefit of rites. Now that is a bias reply. "Tedious for other is fine... as long as it does not become tedious for me."

I have zero problems sailing to another Server....

21 minutes ago, Zalxis said:

I assume that those complaining do not care a lot about extra SB and ML (or whatever) boost. I have been sailing to every RoS I got aware, though it is quite a way from G13 Xanadu to next server. And I fail to see why it should be so much harder for anyone else. Those on the smaller servers may have much shorter ways to reach the next servers' shores, and I do not complain.

1 hour ago, Zalxis said:

My deed is located about 30 minutes from server border, give or take 10 depending on weather. I have sailed to harmony for every cast, prayed immediately after crossing, then gone back. Gives a nice break from grinding and work, and rewards with a free 5 hours of sb.

This is the weirdest, most meaningless thing to be whining about. There's far more important things for them to be working on.

• Like 2

So, Harmony launches and is supper laggy, so new servers get launched to help reduce the overload of Harmony.  Tons of people leave to new servers with lower population, so they can skill faster without all the lag, then the old bloated server does some rites and now people form the less laggy servers are jealous? Go figure.  Honestly, the current system is soooo much better than what it was before.  If you do ANYTING to improve rites, I'd suggest having prayers create a popup to "do you want your SB now?" or if not that, maybe just right click the rite icon in spell effects to choose to receive your reward of SB.  Just having it happen on the first prayer really catches folks by surprise.  5hrs of SB is not a trivial thing.  Making huge mistakes with it is pretty frustrating.

Guys, I'm really bad at math

Server Rite of Spring Holy Crop Ritual of the Sun
Xanadu 42 56 147
Release 69 105 110
Pristine 46 133 1
Independence 72 32 190
Exodus 23 114 107
Deliverance 75 44  

Celebration 93 160 140
Total 420 644 695
Average time between cast
9 days
14 days
19 days

Regardless, I don't think travelling between servers matters.  It just seems as though Vyn and Lib have their global spells cast far more frequently across the board (unless you include Chaos).

Server Rite of Spring Holy Crop Ritual of the Sun Rite of Death
Xanadu 42 56 147 26
Release 69 105 110 106
Pristine 46 133 1  
Independence 72 32 190 32
Exodus 23 114 107  
Deliverance 75 44 1357 132
Chaos 934 147 172 1876
Celebration 93 160 140 91
Total 1354 791 2224

GSnHjX6.png What's the deal with mag priests on deliverance?

It was at that moment he realised this was a discussion on NFI.

Edited by Antony
  • Like 1

Server hopping to pray is a bit of a chore; but it's not too bad compared to the other wurm chores.

One could walk the middle ground by extending the time limit to pray?

10 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

So, Harmony launches and is supper laggy, so new servers get launched to help reduce the overload of Harmony.  Tons of people leave to new servers with lower population, so they can skill faster without all the lag, then the old bloated server does some rites and now people form the less laggy servers are jealous? Go figure.  Honestly, the current system is soooo much better than what it was before.  If you do ANYTING to improve rites, I'd suggest having prayers create a popup to "do you want your SB now?" or if not that, maybe just right click the rite icon in spell effects to choose to receive your reward of SB.  Just having it happen on the first prayer really catches folks by surprise.  5hrs of SB is not a trivial thing.  Making huge mistakes with it is pretty frustrating.

Nah don't worry, reasonable people aren't jealous over it.

Loving the free sb for a simple boat trip

Rites are reset by prayers and sermons a few priests grinding for benediction makes a big difference and that is likely one of the reasons it resets so fast on harmony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lethyria said:

Rites are reset by prayers and sermons a few priests grinding for benediction makes a big difference and that is likely one of the reasons it resets so fast on harmony.

I think people aren't grinding for benediction on all of the Northern Isles. It's not clear what is happening on Harmony that they're having a disproportionate # of RoS casts.

I know of at least 2 on harmony, not sure if many others are but there are more vynora priests and sermon groups that I know on harmony.