Sign in to follow this  
Nekojin

The Cadence Highway Project needs your help!

I'm strongly invested in the idea of making a complete, coherent, and fully-functional Highway network for Cadence. I'm a learning bridge-builder, a competent Mason, an accomplished Digger, an up-and-coming Paver, and a competent Smith. I can do almost everything needed to make fully-connected highways... except one thing. I can't make Compasses to build Waypoints with. I have no source of olive oil, and I am not very skilled in Forestry even if I had Olive Trees to harvest. 

So that's where you come in. I need olives, olive oil, or compasses. I don't care how low-QL they are - once they're in a Waystone, I can improve the completed Waystone with simple stone shards. So don't throw away your crafting failures, your harvesting botches, and your putrid pressings - I want it all! (And monster eyes, too!) 

Combo packs (2 Waystones and a Catseye) will be sold later for the purpose of paying for Wagoners to be placed at strategic positions around the map. Want a Wagoner near your Deed? Help build out the Highway Network! 

So send me your useless olives, olive oil, compasses, or monster eyes. Any QL will do. If you don't feel good about sending things "for free," contact me in-game and we can work out a reasonable pricing for your dirty dregs. 

TopCat of Cadence (Usually online after 6 PM PST, GMT-8)

Edited by Nekojin

My village Port Crescendo has built a highway between Encore and Sonata with the help of a few other deeds along the way. Almost have the catseyes put in

• Cat 1

I'd like to give a BIG thanks to Maimed and Cobbin, who each (and separately) gave some generous stacks of eyes tonight. That'll speed up the West-of-Sonata Highway significantly.

With a generous Giant Spider providing another 9 Catseyes, that brings us just over 70 Catseyes - nowhere near enough to reach Sonata, but at least enough for a good start. That said, we still don't have any Compasses or Olives/Olive Oil to make them with, so we're hoping and trusting that the upcoming Olive Season will give us an opportunity to fix that. 

As usual, any donations to help this project are appreciated! 

The community known as Apple Hill Overlook has made a significant contribution of a hundred eyes and a couple of compasses. Thank you, Apple Hill Overlook citizens!

We're still direly short on Waystones, though, so any donations of compasses, olives, or olive oil is still needed.

The Temple of Fo will be putting in a Wagoner. We are on the highway that cheezeofthecake menioned on the Sonata side. We were formerly Brakebills.

Queenoftheunderworld has provided some soggy, questionable eyes, and apparently some coins that were laying on the eyes before they were cut out. I'm not sure what this means, but thanks! 

Edit: @Waughee- That's a good point. Azure Dreams will be putting in a Wagoner as well. They're an important part of the Highway system, and the two Wagoners at Sonata and Encore will surely be overworked if they don't get some help. 

Edited by Nekojin